Page 85 of 145 FirstFirst ... 357581828384858687888995135 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,275 of 2163
    Ultimate Member

Like skyvolt said, does DC have the GUTS to do this is the real question?
    Correct.

I know they are not DC but look at what Zenescope is doing.

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/zene...omics-in-2021/

Dave Franchini: Basically, our plans as of right now are to release Belle, Robyn Hood, and Van Helsing as 32-page one-shot stories, six times a year every other month starting in January.

For the Quarterlies, we will be releasing these four times a year as 72-page oversized one-shot stories at $8 each. We will have them for Tales of Terror, Myths & Legends, and Grimm Universe Presents. These will focus on specific characters and stand-alone stories.

The Annuals we will be releasing those every other month and will focus more realm specific like Wonderland, Neverland, Oz, and also crossover stories like a one-shot mini-event. We can't tease too much of those yet. These will also be every other month starting in February.

Then finally, we will have non-Grimm Universe 3-issue miniseries, with the first one starting in January with The Courier: Liberty and Death written by Ralph. We will run 4 of these miniseries with the new series starting the month after the previous one ended. These will be both sequels to previous Non-GU books like Courier and also new stand-alone content like Paradise Court, Black Sable, and Unbound were.

It's just a different way for us to put out stories that are still affordable for readers.
    12 different titles NONE monthly. That can't be done here???

4 over sized one shots-Hal, John, Jessica and Kyle.

A Green Lantern annual for 6 months-Lafreeze, Jo, Simon, Guy, Sinestro & Alan Scott.

4 3 issue minis-Hal, John, Kyle and Jessica.

Done. 5 books (well issues) for Hal, John, Kyle & Jessica. That can be trades. $20.

Everybody gets SOMETHING and you can switch it around the next year. Everybody gets to read about WHO they want. There is no favoritism because you are selling everybody.

It also give you time to build up or work on a GL event down the line.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Correct.

A Green Lantern annual for 6 months-Lafreeze, Jo, Simon, Guy, Sinestro & Alan Scott.

Done. 5 books (well issues) for Hal, John, Kyle & Jessica. That can be trades. $20.

Everybody gets SOMETHING and you can switch it around the next year. Everybody gets to read about WHO they want. There is no favoritism because you are selling everybody.

I would say I give a little credit to DC on how they decided to have stories focused on John, Hal, Kyle, Jessica, Simon etc. in that 80 page anniversary single issue. I think they started to realize how divided the fanbase is, which is why they decided to include most of the Green Lanterns to have their own focus in that oversized issue.

Correct.

It's almost as if you WANT people to enjoy their escapism entertainment lol. This seems reasonable for DC's current GL situation.

Keep the thread focused on the character & comics folks, not each other.
    Conn Seanery
    CBR Forums Administrator ~ Ron Swansonite ~ Brock Samson will show us the way
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

"Hnh. Could Bowie have been a mutant?" ~Dr. Doom (Hellfire Gala 2022)

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Samm View Post
    I’d be cool with John Stewart as the lead Lantern with a solo and JL membership, Jessica Cruz as his Supergirl/Batgirl counterpart and her own book, and Kyle as the young hero with the Titans. I think that would satisfy John, Kyle and Jessica fans, though upset Hal fans... but hey Hal had all of the 2000’s and 2010’s, time to let the others shine. Guy and Simon don’t really have large enough fan bases to make noise. Can’t please everyone imo, sacrifices have to be made
    As the resident Guy fan, you're killing me, my dude. That said, I don't know that I want a solo with him. He works best as a buddy duo with John or Kyle.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    As the resident Guy fan, you're killing me, my dude. That said, I don't know that I want a solo with him. He works best as a buddy duo with John or Kyle.
    Peter Tomasi written Guy well. You could tell that Guy is his favorite Green Lantern. It was quite obvious.

Guy have such a big presence in Death Metal Multiverse. I'm pretty sure James Tynion enjoys writing Guy Gardner and is probably his favorite Green Lantern. If that's the case, I'm glad that he didn't do anything to diminish John's presence while raising up Guy's. The story was okay-ish for John imo, but I'm glad John still had a leading presence in the issue.

The buddy duo with John and Guy would probably be the best, since their personality is very distinct, just like with John and Wally.

Quote Originally Posted by Sodam Yat View Post
    Peter Tomasi written Guy well. You could tell that Guy is his favorite Green Lantern. It was quite obvious.

Guy have such a big presence in Death Metal Multiverse. I'm pretty sure James Tynion enjoys writing Guy Gardner and is probably his favorite Green Lantern. If that's the case, I'm glad that he didn't do anything to diminish John's presence while raising up Guy's. The story was okay-ish for John imo, but I'm glad John still had a leading presence in the issue.

The buddy duo with John and Guy would probably be the best, since their personality is very distinct, just like with John and Wally.
    He and Gibbons made me love Guy, so I believe that entirely. He's the one modern writer who channels that old jackass from JLI in a likable manner.

As for John or Kyle, I think both bring out different qualities in Guy that are appealing, but with John it's more as equals as Kyle is more a younger brother.

THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    What's the story with John's emerald vision beams there? Very striking image.

That collage is DOPE. Where'd yo find it, or did you make it?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Emerald 23 View Post
    For something like that I would say Adobe creative labs.

However there are photo programs that can do that way easier than Powerpoint or Paint.

I have seen all the background images but I am not sure where the front one is from. I want to say that is Deny Cowans.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    What's the story with John's emerald vision beams there? Very striking image.
    Last mention of Emerald Vision was in Green Lanterns and it was a new power Simon Baz unlocked, as well as the Willpower equivalent of Force Heal; it was a clairvoyant ability not laser beams tho.

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Emerald 23 View Post
    I found it on Google just looking at Green Lantern images. it came from Pinterest.

For something like that I would say Adobe creative labs.

However there are photo programs that can do that way easier than Powerpoint or Paint.

I have seen all the background images but I am not sure where the front one is from. I want to say that is Deny Cowans.
    I'm almost certain it's not Cowan, his style is a little more angular. I could be wrong tho. I think it's probably from Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Last mention of Emerald Vision was in Green Lanterns and it was a new power Simon Baz unlocked, as well as the Willpower equivalent of Force Heal; it was a clairvoyant ability not laser beams tho.

I found it on Google just looking at Green Lantern images. it came from Pinterest.

I'm almost certain it's not Cowan, his style is a little more angular. I could be wrong tho. I think it's probably from Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps.
    I remember Simon's iteration of the power, but this is the first I've seen John pulling that off. Now I'm very curious where that's from.

Here's a thought: What if they moved Hal over to Justice Society and left John on Justice League for good?

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Here's a thought: What if they moved Hal over to Justice Society and left John on Justice League for good?
    Alan Scott has entered the chat.

"What the fresh hell is this?"

No, we're not throwing Alan Scott in the dumpster to appease the Oan Lanterns.