Thread: Artemis

Default Artemis

WW Artemis_reqiem_1_DC3.jpg

What can she do that Diana can't? What is she better at than Donna or Cassie? What is she adding to the Wonder Woman Family? That's a good question for any potential member (Yara Flor I'm looking at you) but how is Artemis specifically pulling her weight?

That old picture was chosen because I think her demon hunting powers should be emphasized. She should be the Amazon most proficient at battling mystical threats, since much of her power was based on a spell by Magala, she killed her demon husband and she crawled her way out of hell.

How does that fit with her more recent development in RHATO?

I'm mentioning this because her status as mentor to Cassie has been thrown into question and the Amazon training responsibilities have been secured by Antiope.

With so many new additions where does Artemis fit?

She should keep being the "Red Hood" of the Wonder Woman family. Angrier, more agressive, but also with a great heart and only good intentions, if sometimes misguided in her actions. And let her keep Mistress, that ax is iconic by now. That and her boy-toy Jason, for when she feels he needs a punch or two in the head

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    She should keep being the "Red Hood" of the Wonder Woman family. Angrier, more agressive, but also with a great heart and only good intentions, if sometimes misguided in her actions. And let her keep Mistress, that ax is iconic by now. That and her boy-toy Jason, for when she feels he needs a punch or two in the head
    Agree 100%, she was amazing in that book! I hope she and that AXE continue to be present in DC books, and PLEASE let's see more interactions with Diana!

Quote Originally Posted by rayray1127 View Post
    Agree 100%, she was amazing in that book! I hope she and that AXE continue to be present in DC books, and PLEASE let's see more interactions with Diana!
    I agree as well. Artemis has a niche that she fills to perfection. I love her in "Red Hood and the Outlaws", her actions remind me of Revy (perhaps my favorite "bad girl" anti-hero) from the classic Anime "Black Lagoon".
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

She's the swiss army knife of the WW family, with the egyptian instead of greek background, and she's the angry, rebellious one. Honestly, a better question is what does Donna add to the WW mythos apart from being Diana-lite.

Quote Originally Posted by Aramis View Post
    She's the swiss army knife of the WW family, with the egyptian instead of greek background, and she's the angry, rebellious one. Honestly, a better question is what does Donna add to the WW mythos apart from being Diana-lite.
    She's a child of two worlds. the first Wonder Girl and has a more vulnerable and down to earth feel compared to Diana.

would like to see more of Artemis hopefully in a team book since she's left Red hood.maybe an Extreme Justice book w Guy Gardner.Maxima.Cpt Atom.Green Arrow.Vixen.Bronze Tiger and Hawkman

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

She's the Faith to Dianas Buffy. Bad girl of the Amazons, more aggressive, snarkier, willing to do the hard things that Diana may hesitate on.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    willing to do the hard things that Diana may hesitate on.
    Like what?

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Like what?
    Artemis would likely go in for a kill much quicker then Diana would. Diana tried to reason with Max Lord to release Superman, Artemis likely would've just chopped his head off and got it over with.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Make her as important to her tribe as Diana is to hers. Develop that branch of Amazons more. Put some focus on their similarities and differences. Emphasize their pantheon of gods. Give Artemis some abilities since she’s Bana Mighdall’s Shim’Tar.