Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 LastLast

If nothing else Gobby and Stark would have been competing business rivals.

Do we even want want yet another Green Goblin story in the movies? Speaking for myself, no. He'd been done to death.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Do we even want want yet another Green Goblin story in the movies? Speaking for myself, no. He'd been done to death.
    He was only in the first one really. Then Harry did a Goblin thing in 3... and ASM 2 kinda.
    Really just want Norman, and no more of that no mask crap Harry's done in film since.
    We're basically still at the Jack Nicholson Joker era of Green Goblin in film. I'd like to get to the Heath Ledger version before another decade.

Mighty Member

Octavius was Stark’s roommate in college and academic rival. We learn that the Iron Spider’s legs were based off of Otto’s work. “TREACHERYYYYY!”

Oscorp was Stark Industries’ biggest rival; now with Tony Stark dead, CEO Norman Osborn can try to acquire his biggest rival’s company and possibly steal secrets of former weapon development.

Kraven was gaining an obsession with hunting the “man of metal”, a man vs machine test...and now that Tony Stark is dead, his protégé gets to be...”runner up”.

Max Dillon was Stark’s electrician who was in an accident and was promised by Tony that the billionaire genius was working on a cure for his ailment, however Tony is now dead...so now Electro wants REVENGE!

Black Cat tried to steal something from Tony and was caught by him; however Tony bailed her out of jail due to liking her spirit/heart. Felicia now feels indebted to Mr Stark.

What other backstories can we come up with?

Astonishing Member

I do want to see Norman Osborn, just not Green Goblin again, at least not immediately anyway. Over the years, I’ve seen the idea floated around that he should play a role in not just Spider-Man movies but the wider MCU in general. So basically analogous to Lex Luthor where he’s a long running villain that’s who’s pulling many of strings from behind the shadows; orchestrating these incidents and villains and is a thorn on just about everyone’s side, not just Spider-Man. Hold off the GG persona for awhile, and just give us this unhinged, evil, scientific mastermind that lies and manipulates as easily as most of us drinks and breathes(so basically Donald Trump if he was much, much, smarter and cunning). Taking this approach with the character would be so fresh that it would almost feel like we haven’t seen the character on film before.

However, I will say they should avoid doing Harry again though. I think he’s it’s time that character take a break from the movies for awhile.
    Last edited by Amadeus Arkham; 10-17-2020 at 09:55 PM.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

I mean, Norman/Gobby is Spider-Man's Archenemy, so I feel like they'll have to get to them at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I mean, Norman/Gobby is Spider-Man's Archenemy, so I feel like they'll have to get to them at some point.
    I used to think "You can't do Spider-Man and not have an Uncle Ben", but here we are.

I'm pretty sure once Mandarin is introduced in "Shang-chi" he'll become Spider-Man's archenemy.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I used to think "You can't do Spider-Man and not have an Uncle Ben", but here we are.

I'm pretty sure once Mandarin is introduced in "Shang-chi" he'll become Spider-Man's archenemy.
    That probably depends on whether Mandarin and Tony brushed shoulders with each other on the street once.

(not counting the fact that Tony fought the fake Mandarin).

Astonishing Member

He was done once, and he was doing a bad Joker expression who made no sense. In Amazing Norman had a cameo of a dying old man in a bed who got his brain frozen, Harry was the Green Goblin. Green Goblin, and Norman Osborn, in their villain prime hasn't been adapted into the movies yet.

Extraordinary Member

I want a Norman Osborne based off the one from the Spectacular Spider-Man TV show. Sane enough to be terrifyingly efficient as a villain, cold blooded enough to be monstrous even when not in the costume.

“Never apologize. I never do.”
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
    I want a Norman Osborne based off the one from the Spectacular Spider-Man TV show. Sane enough to be terrifyingly efficient as a villain, cold blooded enough to be monstrous even when not in the costume.

So basically just comic Norman Osborn when they dropped the split-personality angle ?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post

I think Norman was less sane than he let on in Spectacular...it's just not as spelled out for us. The fact that he was in his "right mind" when doing things like providing military grade technology to gang bangers for the sole purpose of killing one guy. It would have been interesting to see Hobgoblin brush off some of Norman's dealings as crazy and have him eventually doing the exact same thing but alas... I did find the theme of "masks" interesting as both Norman and Quentin Beck acted differently when they were unmasked than when they were in their alter egos...but in Mysterio's case it was pretty much clear that he was playing a character, while Norman was trying to rationalize and explain things that he's done.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    So basically just comic Norman Osborn when they dropped the split-personality angle ?
    I'm wondering if Norman's amnesia in comics was often misunderstood as him actually being a decent person and being more of a case of Jekyll and Hyde rather than a case of Mr. Hyde trying to blend in with society and Mr. Hyde raw.

I think the main issue with Norman in the MCU is the fact they did the most important beats of his story with Vulture... "the dad of my peer/friend is a criminal who learns who I am." I'm less worried about them doing the lunatic on a glider again, and more worried about them doing THAT specific storyline again (and finding some way to connect things to Tony Stark)

When they do Green Goblin again, I would love to see him more like Ultimate Goblin meets 616. He is nice and forgets the bad stuff until he turns into Goblin. Just not like a Hulk.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    When they do Green Goblin again, I would love to see him more like Ultimate Goblin meets 616. He is nice and forgets the bad stuff until he turns into Goblin. Just not like a Hulk.
    I really enjoyed the few scenes we had of Norman with other supporting cast in the Raimi movie, like the dinner scene with Aunt May. Rich, but not arrogant (at least to his friends). Used to the finer things in life but loves a humble, home-cooked meal even more.

Of course, then there were flashes of Green Goblin coming through in that scene, so maybe nevermind...? But I mean, take away the Goblin and his paranoia and terrible father-son dynamic and yeah, sure, he'd be a reasonable guy.
    Last edited by Cyke; 10-19-2020 at 11:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    I really enjoyed the few scenes we had of Norman with other supporting cast in the Raimi movie, like the dinner scene with Aunt May. Rich, but not arrogant (at least to his friends). Used to the finer things in life but loves a humble, home-cooked meal even more.

Of course, then there were flashes of Green Goblin coming through in that scene, so maybe nevermind...? But I mean, take away the Goblin and his paranoia and terrible father-son dynamic and yeah, sure, he'd be a reasonable guy.
    Yeah, I'd like to see more of that but instead of donning a suit, her turns into a Goblin. But not Hulk-sized. I just don't want an in-universe mask. I liked the look from the Raimi test-footage.
    [IMG]https://i.*****.com/vi/W8PVMT2AmWE/hqdefault.jpg[/IMG]

Like that but it's a transformation, not a mask or a suit. I am fine with him being on a glider, using pumpkin bombs, etc.
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 10-19-2020 at 01:06 PM.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium