Page 675 of 719 FirstFirst ... 175575625665671672673674675676677678679685 ... LastLast
Results 10,111 to 10,125 of 10777
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Sorry, busy on a Zoom call playing D&D with my family.

Digging the convo so far. Well done, all.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Hey Cleric.

Since Inanna is part Freezypop, if she eats Koorimaru's tail...
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Hey Cleric.

Since Inanna is part Freezypop, if she eats Koorimaru's tail...
    No.

Only Incenio gets to be that creepy.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    No.

Only Incenio gets to be that creepy.
    No fun. It's even Spoopymas!
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Ah well that was fun.

Truthfully though, I have seen the light. And some things, they ain't worth chasing or putting the effort towards.

Especially when they're obviously not being read.

Have fun playing with yourself, Tami.

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    Ah well that was fun.

Truthfully though, I have seen the light. And some things, they ain't worth chasing or putting the effort towards.

Especially when they're obviously not being read.

Have fun playing with yourself, Tami.
    I did read, and she did listen, but none of what mattered when tagged with this final line

"Do I know her as you do? Maybe I don't. But while I may not have opened the box, heh, I can see the bottom's all warped and soggy."
    All he had to do was apologize for the insult, then the rest of what was said would have mattered more. Then they could have had a more in-depth discussion and there might not have been any hard feelings. Instead, he continued to speak badly of someone Dash cares about. She reacted to it as anyone would who feels that someone she respects and is close to hasn't been respected by someone else she always thought of as a close friend. Right now, Dash is heartbroken over it.

Is it really so hard to admit that he was wrong? Is it really so hard to say, I'm sorry? If that doesn't happen, this is putting a serious strain on Dash and Zaofan's friendship. But, that is how these RPGs go sometimes.

Anyway, it's your decision if you truly believe that and are unwilling to RP with me in a normal, reasonable way. I am still open to RPing with you anytime.

I won't take it personally either way.
    Last edited by Tami; 10-19-2020 at 07:24 AM.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

I'll be frank. Nothing I saw from Zaofan's and Dash's exchange was out of the ordinary. It was one character taking exception to something a side character said, and another character who is close to that side character taking exception to that. It's good RPing, plain and simple. Conflict is great in games like this because it fosters character growth, both personal and interpersonal.

I understand that it's a bad feeling when your character gets called out, but you have to remember that it's the character getting called out, not you as a writer. These characters are just tools to tell a story, nothing more. We've been using these tools for nearly four years now, but it's still very important to remember not to take those personally. That's when serious issues start cropping up.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

tl;dr

Zaofan: Why do you need to rely so heavily on Reimi? You're both strong and this is a great opportunity to forge your own path and become even stronger on your own terms!

Dash: How dare you! Reimi is amazing and you're just a big dumb dumby! Like... like Ochazuke! Don't talk to me or my side character ever again.

Praxat: Yes that is true.

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    tl;dr

Zaofan: Why do you need to rely so heavily on Reimi? You're both strong and this is a great opportunity to forge your own path and become even stronger on your own terms!

Dash: How dare you! Reimi is amazing and you're just a big dumb dumby! Like... like Ochazuke! Don't talk to me or my side character ever again.

Praxat: Yes that is true.
    First of all, Dash hasn't spoken to Reimi in at least 3 years, or longer, probably not since Meagan's wedding, and wouldn't have if Praxat hadn't asked her for a specific kind of help. Why does anyone think that Dash is dependent on her?

Second, isn't there anyone in any of your characters lives who they think highly enough of that they would stand up for them when needed? A relative? A teacher? A Friend? Anyone?

Third, I know you're just teasing, but still, come on.

OT: Ok, that seemed to go.....oddly not a way I anticipated.

I’m at work, so apologies for any replies that have been delayed.

Tami, I would point out that Reimi probably wouldn’t have been able to call Praxat. That seems......highly unlikely due to Reshlan being off the grid for so long AND the fact that it had been shielded until an hour ago in game time.

I would also point out that Zaofan, maybe channeling a bit of Ochazuke (but he’s been with him for months, so I think that’s reasonable), is still right to question Reimi. How did she know to call then? She knew about Auroc the entire time? He did just spend six months fighting his way there when a sudden stranger just knew all along and never helped? Or even hinted? Eva, Sihn, Meagan, and a lot of others didn’t even know where Reshlan was.

Bruce, I would also point out that just agreeing with whatever Dash says isn’t exactly making Praxat dynamic here. Praxat is supposed to be highly intelligent so I would have though she’d be more suspicious of some random phone call on a planet where even Jinzi’s very impressive communicators can’t reach to.
    Last edited by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade; 10-19-2020 at 01:45 PM.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

I would also point out that, while it is/may be in character, having your character constantly belittle or make fun of another character can be hard to separate for some players from being belittled themselves.

I believe we’ve already had a few players stop or leave because of this. Please be careful with how you word your posts, because, as an example, Inanna not even knowing who Praxat is (pretty sure even third hand wise she would have heard the name, felt the energy, or at least recognized a Toadian who has been part of the group for a while) can come off as very...dismissive....of not only the player but the character as well. The above example came off a bit rude to me, but maybe I’m overreacting.

On the reverse side, players do need to understand that arguments, disagreements, and the like between characters are meant to be between characters. If, say, Held is arguing with Ochazuke, there is probably an in game reason why. Be it an incident in the past, or something that just happened in the present. Please be mindful of what the other character may have gone through that would color their perspective before getting offended that they seem to ‘hate’ your character. As an example, Zaofan has every right to be leery of a stranger that knows things that even the Supreme Kai of this universe didn’t know.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    OT: Ok, that seemed to go.....oddly not a way I anticipated.

I’m at work, so apologies for any replies that have been delayed.

Tami, I would point out that Reimi probably wouldn’t have been able to call Praxat. That seems......highly unlikely due to Reshlan being off the grid for so long AND the fact that it had been shielded until an hour ago in game time.

I would also point out that Zaofan, maybe channeling a bit of Ochazuke (but he’s been with him for months, so I think that’s reasonable), is still right to question Reimi. How did she know to call then? She knew about Auroc the entire time? He did just spend six months fighting his way there when a sudden stranger just knew all along and never helped? Or even hinted? Eva, Sihn, Meagan, and a lot of others didn’t even know where Reshlan was.

Bruce, I would also point out that just agreeing with whatever Dash says isn’t exactly making Praxat dynamic here. Praxat is supposed to be highly intelligent so I would have though she’d be more suspicious of some random phone call on a planet where even Jinzi’s very impressive communicators can’t reach to.
    Actually Praxat isn't agreeing with Dash, and she is suspicious
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

You know, I'm tired too. I never asked fro anyone to say that any of my character were great, but when I see the others doing crazy wild things and I get shot down by even the smallest of things.

I get it, don't cross any lines, stay in my corner of the game, don't make waves, don't try something new, don't try to interact with others unless they approve of it first, don't take chances, don't take any actions unless everyone here approves it ahead of time, and don't counter or challenge anything in-game or out.

Fine, I get it.

I'm out, officially and for good.

Enjoy the rest of the game. Sorry if my Role Playing was really all that horrible, it was never my intention.

Ochazuke and Parsley

...anywho, Cleric, feel free to take the reins again.

Also who wants to go where?

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    You know, I'm tired too. I never asked fro anyone to say that any of my character were great, but when I see the others doing crazy wild things and I get shot down by even the smallest of things.

I get it, don't cross any lines, stay in my corner of the game, don't make waves, don't try something new, don't try to interact with others unless they approve of it first, don't take chances, don't take any actions unless everyone here approves it ahead of time, and don't counter or challenge anything in-game or out.

Fine, I get it.

I'm out, officially and for good.

Enjoy the rest of the game. Sorry if my Role Playing was really all that horrible, it was never my intention.

Tami please don't leave, please stay. Your RPing is fine, it isn't horrible.
    Last edited by bruceleegreyhulk; 10-20-2020 at 12:23 AM.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.