Page 26 of 39 FirstFirst ... 1622232425262728293036 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    I also wondered how strong Rogue is these days
    Well I'm glad I'm not the only one.

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V
    My favorite "Strength Feat" would be Rogue VS. Juggernaut from X-Men: Evolution
    I loved how Evo Rogue used her absorption powers. She wasn't as afraid as TAS to take off the gloves. But yes, this scene was one of my favorites. The way Cain looks so shocked lol.

In terms of TAS, my favorite shows of strength from her mostly come from the Phoenix Saga. She was MVP when they fought the Shi'Ar. Even when she lost, she looked epic. though she totally should've tried to absorb him
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5BsZ5vvaFl8

Quote Originally Posted by anyajenkins
    This was from the gambit thread, but relevant here. It’s new shirts with the Disney plus redesigns
    Thanks for posting! The redesigns keep on being suspicious. D:<

lol but good shirts nonetheless, I might buy the Rogue one.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandmans_Raven View Post
    To add on, Patrick Brown has been posting some art on his Facebook that he was commissioned by Disney to produce based on these designs. Here's Rogue's
    Thanks for sharing Raven! Rogue looks great but the new hair catches me off-guard. Not as voluminous as I'm used to.

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post
    Thanks for sharing Raven! Rogue looks great but the new hair catches me off-guard. Not as voluminous as I'm used to.
    I definitely agree. When I see her in this costume I expect big hair haha
    Make Good Art

Well I'm glad I'm not the only one.

I loved how Evo Rogue used her absorption powers. She wasn't as afraid as TAS to take off the gloves. But yes, this scene was one of my favorites. The way Cain looks so shocked lol.

In terms of TAS, my favorite shows of strength from her mostly come from the Phoenix Saga. She was MVP when they fought the Shi'Ar. Even when she lost, she looked epic. though she totally should've tried to absorb him
    Oh no, I am likewise interested! Thanks for bringing up the topic.

I only know Rogue from TAS. I think during the Phoenix Saga she beat Titan and Smasher. I would have loved to see her "Gladiator-Out" upon absorption!

The movies did not make use of Rogue and no strength feats!

Oh no, I am likewise interested! Thanks for bringing up the topic.

I only know Rogue from TAS. I think during the Phoenix Saga she beat Titan and Smasher. I would have loved to see her "Gladiator-Out" upon absorption!

The movies did not make use of Rogue and no strength feats!
    Yea she KO'd Titan, Hussar, Starbolt, Warpath (or the little one at least) and gave Gladiator a few punches to the face. It's nice to see her brawling and cut loose, it's not every day for her lol.

Oh the movies... a dark spot in X-Men media for her. Even in the advertised Rogue Cut she does basically nothing and gets rescued. Singer never got the character at all and I'm glad to the X-Men are moving over to Disney. I really hope they explore her villainous origin and roots, an edge was sorely missed from her movie incarnation among other things.

Also Excalibur out today but basically no Rogue content so nothing to discuss.

Yes, it stinks no appearance in Excalibur.

But back to Rogue's new strength level: If Rogue kept Wonder Man's strength (CL 100), plus her old Ms Marvel strength (Cl 50), wouldn't that put her above Thor and She-Hulk now?

Did Wonder Man loose any strength?

I wonder if Rogue's flight powers also increased?

But back to Rogue's new strength level: If Rogue kept Wonder Man's strength (CL 100), plus her old Ms Marvel strength (Cl 50), wouldn't that put her above Thor and She-Hulk now?
    I think she just has Wonder Mans strength. I don't think she kept any of Carols due the depowering she had in between instances.

I'm not sure about Thor, especially nowadays with his recent power-up, but more than likely she's not physically stronger than She-Hulk. During the opening arc in Captain Marvel, Rogue was having trouble with Nuclear Man (CL 100+) and Jen seem to be able to knock him around easier than Rogue.

If I was to try and give a more accurate guestimate I would say she's close or equal to Hercules and Jane Foster's Thor strength levels given she was heavily compared and grouped with them during the event No Surrender.

This is really interesting question but it kinda relates to how Rogue's powers have changed.

TLDR version is I think Simon has kept much (or all) of his powers. However it can be a bit hard to tell since he's always been a pacifist.

---- ------ ----- ------

More detailed explanation is I think over the years Rogue has become less "power vampire" as CC seemed to originally intend than straight up "power mimic" in the vein of Hope and Synch. This is reflected in the way the absorption of Carol was handled vs the absorption of Sunfire and Wonder Man. With Carol there was a very personal cost to the absorption, it was deeply traumatic and Carol lost parts of herself she was never able to get back, including her original powers.

In some ways Carol is still traumatized regarding the loss of and emotional connection to her memories.

Meanwhile Sunfire and Wonder Man seemed to recover their powers with little to no explanation, memories and all intact.

At some point in Rogue's history, writers began to treat Rogue's powers differently and I don't just mean in terms of not knocking them out when she "borrows" powers. Rogue powers seemed to be more like making copies than "sapping" the power from the owner. This is much more common during the Legacy era when she gained control, where she was mimicking abilities left and right. Considering she had no back-up powers to rely on this makes sense in some respects, as Rogue using her abilities with cost makes it awkward to use on allies and it'd be difficult to write around her always stealing from an enemy. It could also be argued that CC leaned into this first during Revolution & X-Treme X-Men as he had Rogue manifesting various abilities implying Rogue was more a storage unit than a true power vampire.

Taking all this into account its more like Rogue has three (or four) separate powers that work in conjunction together; power mimicry, life-force absorption, power negation, and memory reading. The powers are usually triggered by touch, but per Kelly Thompson it seems Rogue's powers will eventually evolve into an area of effect and unless she gets it under control could be very dangerous. But the better her control, the more she is able to be selective in which power(s) she wants to use or manifest while suppressing the others ala Legacy.

That one is a bit harder to answer lol. Even with her Ms Marvel set, she was already pretty fast.

She was fast enough to out-speed jets and create sonic booms just from her speed. I think her most impressive feat with Wonder Man's set is catching up with a ship falling from the atmosphere with little to no delay. Though I think this is pre-Simon getting out of her body so... somewhat inconclusive xd

Last edited by ChronoRogue; 10-21-2020 at 11:51 AM.

WOW! That was so great, ChronoRogue! Thank you so much for the pics and the information!

lol no problem and sorry for the wall of texts.

"Give me an inch and I'll take a yard..."

CBR should hire me to write Rogue articles xD

lol no problem and sorry for the wall of texts.

"Give me an inch and I'll take a yard..."

CBR should hire me to write Rogue articles xD
    No worries, lol!

Yes, CBR should hire you!

Where is that action clip of Rogue from?

Thanks!

It's from an fan-made animated short series called X-Men Danger Room Protocols. They are mostly just for fun no-dialogue action-packed sequences.

Unfortunately we never got to see Rogue's eps since it got taken down by Marvel for copyright infringement after a few were released. The creator was selling merch based on the series... though I think he might have cut a deal with Marvel eventually? I haven't kept up to date on the situation.

Thanks!

It's from an fan-made animated short series called X-Men Danger Room Protocols. They are mostly just for fun no-dialogue action-packed sequences.

Unfortunately we never got to see Rogue's eps since it got taken down by Marvel for copyright infringement after a few were released. The creator was selling merch based on the series... though I think he might have cut a deal with Marvel eventually? I haven't kept up to date on the situation.
    You are welcome!

Ah. That is a shame, since it looks really good of Rogue and showing off her skills.

It has been a pleasure posting with you on our gal Rogue and I hope we have many more!
    Last edited by Phoenixx9; 10-21-2020 at 01:22 PM.

I was also wondering if her durability would also increase?

it would seem like she should be able to take double the punishment if her strength doubled.

Quote Originally Posted by sbo View Post

it would seem like she should be able to take double the punishment if her strength doubled.
    Good question! Wonder Man has high durability. Plus he is able to run fast and have quick reaction times.

Quote Originally Posted by sbo View Post

Perhaps, but like her speed, Rogue's durability with Ms Marvels powerset seemed proportionally higher than her strength. She could usually tank hits from CL 100+ mostly fine.

Like her getting smacked by Juggernaut, Binary and Nimrod; then getting back into the fight not soon after. On the other hand... she has straight up got KO'd by characters like Hercules and even embarrassingly Sabretooth with the same powerset.

A lot of it is writer inconsistency and plot convenience, but you could also argue it might depend exactly where (face vs body) she gets hit which could impact how well she takes the same hit and if she's ready for it or not.

In terms of her Wonder Mans powerset, her most impressive showing so far has been tanking the pressure Graviton was exerting.

Gravitons abilities are strong enough to throw buildings around, lift entire cities and bring to the ground Wonder Man ironically. though to be fair, he may not have been as powerful as he currently is

In terms of pure strength tanking she's able to easily shrug off hits from Captain Marvels strength class (at least CL 50). I don't remember if Zombie Hulk or Juggernaut tried to hit her on-panel, though I know Nuclear Man (CL 100+) has and while she seemed momentarily stunned she would get back into the fight a second or so later.

Her weakest showing with the powerset was getting KO'd by Ahab, toss'd around by High Evolutionary, and knocked out by a blast from Bella Donna and Candra.

I'd say it's about even so far in the durability department.