Page 193 of 233 FirstFirst ... 93143183189190191192193194195196197203 ... LastLast
Results 2,881 to 2,895 of 3481

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    Zatanna was Bruce's love interest at some point. I don't think she would be the best option.
    I agree completely. Ideally, two members of the same family should not date the same person. And I do ship him with Barbara, and wouldn't want magic to be a major part of his story, anyway. And I think it'd be better for Zee not to be mired in Bats.

Though, was she ever Batman's love interest in main-universe in continuity in the comics? I know she was in animated verse.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    Hey, look what made a comeback in today's issue of Tomasi's Detective Comics.

I like seeing Dick with his own gear.

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by qwazer07 View Post
    Don't read Batgirl. WASTE OF MONEY. I told you guys numerous times. Babs is a bad and boring love interest. Babs is someone who puts him down and holds him back. Our boy is meant to fly. Give him Zatanna. Please
    Wasn't Babs there watching over him all the while when he was in a coma? Bab's or [insert female character name] can be good and interesting if the writer wishes it.

Right now though I just need the title to focus on Dick fully returning to his old self and prefer DC focus on stories that build up the character and his relationships[not romantic].

DC should be putting effort into building a stable Nightwing support staff. Shipping can come later.

Quote Originally Posted by qwazer07 View Post
    Don't read Batgirl. WASTE OF MONEY. I told you guys numerous times. Babs is a bad and boring love interest. Babs is someone who puts him down and holds him back. Our boy is meant to fly. Give him Zatanna. Please
    Yeah I like dick and babs as friends but not love interest. Because as a love interest babs locks dick into Gotham and in Gotham dick is just redundant and batman's lieutenant.

Quote Originally Posted by WonderNight View Post
    Yeah I like dick and babs as friends but not love interest. Because as a love interest babs locks dick into Gotham and in Gotham dick is just redundant and batman's lieutenant.
    Ah, but I think Barbara should leave Gotham, too. I don't like her as Batman's lieutenant, either. I hate that she was retconned to his protege. Honestly, Tim and Steph will likely have to go, too, fairly soon. As long as they stay there, they stay subordinate to Batman. That's not good. They should leave for their own cities in adulthood if they are ever going to be full-on solo heroes instead of Batman's soldiers. Little more on the fence on preBoot Cass and when she should leave, but don't know current Cass enough to say.
    Last edited by Tzigone; 10-27-2020 at 11:34 AM.

Batgirl #50 does set up a potential way to Babs to move away - while rallying with a reluctant Congresswoman Alejo, and after managing to get Jim Gordon on side, she gets asked if she's considered going to Washington. They meant that she should run for office herself. She was a Congresswoman in the 1970s, could that happen again? Of course she wouldn't be the only superhero in Washington, as that's also Wonder Woman's base.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I would very much be fine with Babs getting back into politics (especially if she returns as Oracle instead of the ever-redundant Batgirl). Though odds are she'd run as a House representative and remain in Gotham most of the time.

So 'Tec is where Rocafort's been hiding huh? Pages look good, though it pisses me off that the best Nightwing (art *or* writing) is never in his own series.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Tzigone View Post
    I agree completely. Ideally, two members of the same family should not date the same person. And I do ship him with Barbara, and wouldn't want magic to be a major part of his story, anyway. And I think it'd be better for Zee not to be mired in Bats.

Though, was she ever Batman's love interest in main-universe in continuity in the comics? I know she was in animated verse.
    She was Dick's (short term) love interest in animation too - just not the same continuity.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Nice to see Dick in Tec. Looked good and I hope he stays around. I'm not mad at Tomasi for ignoring Ric. There were enough opportunities for other writers to handle the fallout and they didn't (at least not with good writing imo, except for Williamson in JL), so I don't expect him to deal with it even if I'm crossing my fingers that Dick and Damian will interact in Tec (if they aren't going to in NW #77) and have a conversation. That Dick still hasn't asked about him is a travesty, then again he's still never met Jon so whatever, I guess.

Batgirl... Oh, lord. That conversation didn't belong into the book at all imo. Bea has appeared more in Batgirl since the Ric arc than Dick has. And the whole "actions speak louder than words do" theme in regards to Dick just straight up ignored how they brought him back. He got flung into Joker War the second he got his memories back. He listened to Barbara even if he disagreed with her in #75. And the "Bea wouldn't like to hear you talking to me like that"? What is wrong with that writer? Those characters aren't insecure teenagers!

You mean like how Babs did all the work to bring him back, despite being rejected and attack by him. Dick should have to do some work to repair his relationship with the only person who seemed to give a **** and tried to help. But he's still Bea obsessed. He's all focused on keeping her in his life, and resentful towards pretty much everyone else.

Well in his own words Bea is stronger and more amazing than 100 Nightwings. So abandoning everything and everyone one for some stranger basically was clearly the right call on his part.

Quote Originally Posted by Pohzee View Post
    We know Snyder is coming. Gotham or not, it’s the biggest spotlight Dick has been given in nearly a decade. There’s no need to hedge on being hopeful. Good things are on the way.
    Snyder is probably the only writer left at DC that has any real interest in writing Dick's character. Outside those like a Seeley that had their turn and don't want to go back I don't think anyone else has any interest other than a cameo or just doing the bare minimum. So I want to believe Snyder's story will be good, but I still have some doubts about what he's said so far about it. Maybe if we get an artist attached to it I'll think a little more positively, but not much lately has me thinking that way.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by WonderNight View Post
    Babs doesn’t do that Batman does

Astonishing Member

Ah, but I think Barbara should leave Gotham, too. I don't like her as Batman's lieutenant, either. I hate that she was retconned to his protege. Honestly, Tim and Steph will likely have to go, too, fairly soon. As long as they stay there, they stay subordinate to Batman. That's not good. They should leave for their own cities in adulthood if they are ever going to be full-on solo heroes instead of Batman's soldiers. Little more on the fence on preBoot Cass and when she should leave, but don't know current Cass enough to say.
    Dick and Barbara will be Batman's lieutenant while they are part of Batman's editorial. It doesn't matter if they left Gotham, their stories will still be dependent on Batman.

Even if it seems that they are being independent for an arc or story, that would be an illusion. After all, Batman editorial can use them for Batman anytime they want.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Honestly, they made a brand new map just for Burnside as a district of Gotham across the bridge in the mainland because there's no place left within the 3 islands, they should've just made it a new town.

Then again, Bristol, the Manor, and Kane Estate are all in the mainland and counted as a part of Gotham

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    Snyder is probably the only writer left at DC that has any real interest in writing Dick's character. Outside those like a Seeley that had their turn and don't want to go back I don't think anyone else has any interest other than a cameo or just doing the bare minimum. So I want to believe Snyder's story will be good, but I still have some doubts about what he's said so far about it. Maybe if we get an artist attached to it I'll think a little more positively, but not much lately has me thinking that way.
    I mean, the interest was pretty much punched out of them by editorial... so there is to hoping it might get better thanks to the changes DC is going through. Dick's writers up to Ric had good ideas. Even Percy was coming around after his first arc. The second someone glimpsed that writers wanted to do something bigger with Dick it was snuffed out.