Page 43 of 54 FirstFirst ... 3339404142434445464753 ... LastLast

The Queen's Gambit. It's excellent.

Started Raised by Wolves on HBO Max. (Yeah, I am making this an all streaming thread)
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    Anyone else watched Blood of Zeus (Greek mythology anime)?

I quite liked it. Thought it was really good. Kinda obsessed with the score playing throughout the thing.

Making me wonder if I should check out Castlevania (the same creators)?
    Haven't watched it yet but Castlevania is real good.

@Kirby
    Really enjoyed that show, hope we don't have to wait too long for season 2.

My Next Guest Needs No Introduction with Dave Chappell. The other guests on S3 I'll catch up with someday but new Dave stuff goes to the front of the line. Speaking of Letterman, if I were to list the Top 10 reasons that I'm still rockin' with Nerflix, losing all the Chappell stuff would be in the top 5.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Netflix on Thursday raised the prices of its standard and premium plans to $13.99 and $17.99 per month, respectively. Prior to Thursday, those plans were priced at $12.99 and $15.99, respectively.

Current Netflix customers will see the updated prices on their bill over the next two months, Netflix told CNBC. Customers will get a warning 30 days prior to the change.

The entry-level basic plan remains at $8.99 per month, the same price that was introduced last year. It’s the first increase since Netflix boosted the cost of its service in January 2019. Prior to then, the basic, standard and premium plans were available for $8, $11 and $14, respectively.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/10/29/netf...hly-plans.html
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

I didn't even get a notification about that. What the hell?

Really Netflix?

Anyway, been watching "Evil". Kind of interesting.

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Really Netflix?

Anyway, been watching "Evil". Kind of interesting.
    I'm wondering how they're going to handle season 2. They'll have to do a time jump... Kristen's daughters are going to be visibly older by now.

My friend recommended Titans. Gotta say, I wasn't feeling it. The last episode in season 1 wasn't that bad. I'm debating whether I should check out season 2.

Definitely waiting to check out The Haunting of Bly Manor and Blood of Zeus.
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Arfguy View Post
    My friend recommended Titans. Gotta say, I wasn't feeling it. The last episode in season 1 wasn't that bad. I'm debating whether I should check out season 2.

Season 2 has its ups, but the downs are pretty bad.

I don't have a Netflix subscription myself, but a friend of mine does and we watch Lucifer together when we can get together. Saw the movie Enola Holmes recently too.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    I don't have a Netflix subscription myself, but a friend of mine does and we watch Lucifer together when we can get together. Saw the movie Enola Holmes recently too.
    If you get a chance and like animated series, check out Kipo, Tales of Arcadia, and She-Ra.

Counter Punch, a "documentary" about the world of boxing.

At this point i think they just should follow the WWE circus and admit it's all scripted. (the "pro" side of boxing at least)

Quote Originally Posted by Starter Set View Post
    Counter Punch, a "documentary" about the world of boxing.

At this point i think they just should follow the WWE circus and admit it's all scripted. (the "pro" side of boxing at least)
    Except it's not. Are fighters paid off and fights thrown? Sure but that happens in most sports. If you think most of boxing is fake and scripted i don't know what your watching. Anyone over the age of 8 can tell wrestling isn't real fighting and is clearly scripted. Not the case with boxing because it isn't. Plenty of shenangins go on in boxing but suggesting it's the same as WWE is insanely disrespectful to the boxers past and present.

Quote Originally Posted by Arfguy View Post

Season 2 is kinda awful.
    Context is king.

X-23's most basic surface level characteristic that any idiot should grasp: Stoicism.
    I don't demand that her every minor appearance be a nuance in-depth examination of her character, but is it to much to ask she be written in Archetype?! This is storytelling 101! If you want people to stay invested in a character, you need to, at the bare minimum, write them such a way that they can plausibly be believed to be the same character!