Page 1099 of 1385 FirstFirst ... 9959999910491089109510961097109810991100110111021103110911491199 ... LastLast
Results 16,471 to 16,485 of 20773
    Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    I appreciate the reply. Many thanks!

If anyone else has info. on the OHC extras, I'd be grateful for any info.
    I don't, but it's cataloged at comics.org here. From what I can see, looks like the only extras are the variant covers

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by joltman View Post
    I don't, but it's cataloged at comics.org here. From what I can see, looks like the only extras are the variant covers
    Great, thanks for the link.

Yeah, pretty weak effort regarding those extras. Only the variant covers. They could have added a couple of written pieces on the history of Marvel with some of the covers through the years similar to the 80 years OHCs from DC.

Thankfully IST was kind to me today. Was able to order the Excalibur omni plus the JLA omnibus.

Quote Originally Posted by Steroid View Post
    Thankfully IST was kind to me today. Was able to order the Excalibur omni plus the JLA omnibus.
    I think it's in part due to their new layout..........Made it easier adding things to your cart, and you're already signed in.

I got the Hellions tpb, JLA by Grant Morrison omnibus, and East Of West Year 3 HC. Only thing that didn't seem to come in, that I wanted, was Criminal Deluxe HC vol 3.

I did notice East Of West didn't show as available in my wishlist, so I did a search and there were two different sets of EoW Year 3. They were identical, one showing as available, the other not. Looks like they made a new profile for the book, for whatever reason. This is for both the regular version and the DCBS variant.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

I saved East of West Yr3 for later.
    I got Batman No Mans Land Omni, Excalibur and JLA by Morrison.
    A hefty hit to the wallet.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Just did a random search on IST and saw they had Uncanny x-force and uncanny x-men volume 1 omni's in stock. Already had UXM but now finally have UXF.

I went and ordered the Excalibur Omnibus that just came out. Mostly because Alan Davis is one of my favorite artists - just the bummer that the Omni cut off his run right in the middle. Should've gone to #67, and cut out a chunk of the superfluous issues in between his two runs instead.

All-New Member

Does anyone know of Road to No Man's Land Omnibus came into stock? I've seen it advertised in stock in some places but hadn't seen any reviews posted on any of te channels so assumed this was inaccurate. Has anyone received a copy?

Spectacular Member

I got JLA by Morrison Omnibus, Super Sons Omnibus Expanded Edition, Maison Ikkoku Collector’s Edition Vol. 1, Paper Girls Deluxe Edition Volume 3, East of West: The Apocalypse Year Three, The Goon Omnibus Volume 3, Batman: Road to No Man's Land Omnibus and Excalibur Vol. 1 Omnibus from this week’s releases. A hefty $375. Very expensive week.

Quote Originally Posted by slop101 View Post
    I went and ordered the Excalibur Omnibus that just came out. Mostly because Alan Davis is one of my favorite artists - just the bummer that the Omni cut off his run right in the middle. Should've gone to #67, and cut out a chunk of the superfluous issues in between his two runs instead.

I loved Davis's overall run on Excalibur, but that's precisely why I didn't bother with that omnibus........The issues without Davis were trash, they should've only included the issues he was involved in.

Yeah I had every intention of buying the Excalibur omni today as the nostalgia pull is strong. But at almost 80 bucks after tax, I stopped myself. I have the first Epic already and I might just pick up the next one sometime instead. With 5 other X-omnis I intend to buy in the coming months I have to prioritize.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Hank View Post
    Yeah I had every intention of buying the Excalibur omni today as the nostalgia pull is strong. But at almost 80 bucks after tax, I stopped myself. I have the first Epic already and I might just pick up the next one sometime instead. With 5 other X-omnis I intend to buy in the coming months I have to prioritize.

I'm actually thinking of binding my singles of the Davis Excalibur issues, which would be cool, but it's probably too many issues for one book (40+ issues?).

Make Mine Marvel (Mostly) j0nnyboy's Avatar

At 1:30 am EST I was still able to order Excalibur and the JLA omnis. What happened to the omnis selling out in an hour or 2? lol

Not complaining. Just surprised.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramsay Snow View Post
    I'm actually thinking of binding my singles of the Davis Excalibur issues, which would be cool, but it's probably too many issues for one book (40+ issues?).
    I don't know anything about custom binding so I couldn't advise there, but it sounds like a good plan, at least. I loved Excalibur when I was young, collected from the start, but even then I stopped buying the floppies when it quickly went downhill. I don't think I ever came back to it so I missed out on the second Davis run.

Quote Originally Posted by j0nnyboy View Post
    At 1:30 am EST I was still able to order Excalibur and the JLA omnis. What happened to the omnis selling out in an hour or 2? lol

Not complaining. Just surprised.
    Maybe things are getting tighter for people, money-wise? Has for me, at least...I've been selling some books and movies to fund new stuff instead of digging into my wallet. I'm aware that I'm a small sample size, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Hank View Post
    I don't think I ever came back to it so I missed out on the second Davis run.
    No hyperbole on my part in saying that Davis's second run on Excalibur (where he was also the writer), was one of of the best superhero runs of all time. Things that were set up long ago, not just earlier in Excalibur, but back in his Captain Britain run, were payed off beautifully.
    Last edited by slop101; 11-18-2020 at 01:50 PM.