The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    tried to write today. my hands froze and i felt tears coming in my eyes. all i hear in my head was "don't bother. no one cares."
    On top of what everyone else said, all of which is valid, I'd like to say this - remember the person you started writing for in the first place. Chances are, that person was you.

As long as YOU care, that's the most important thing.

I know, easy to say, hard to keep that in mind. But...if it's in you, it's for you. Nice if other people read it, but the stories are YOURS.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by Fervidor View Post
    Found a few like that. (Not as many as you'd think, though.) Could possibly work with the first one, I just wish he didn't stand slightly to the side.

That's pretty much exactly the sort of pose I'd prefer. Though, like I said before, I'd like one that's just lineart, or one where the lines are clearer like on Nik's first one. I really just want to get the basic pattern and colors down, I'm not really capable of anything more advanced. Anyway, the old-school shading on yours would be very difficult for me to work around.
    Unfortunately I can't find anything in a higher resolution than this:

However, assuming you're working in Photoshop of Illustrator or something, you could always increase the resolution, crop what you need, and trace over it, perhaps?

tried to write today. my hands froze and i felt tears coming in my eyes. all i hear in my head was "don't bother. no one cares."
    I don't believe that I can say anything more profound or supportive than what others have already stated. But remember, you started this novel because you wanted to express yourself and your creativity. The fact that your title sold proves that there *are* people that enjoy the world that you've constructed or at least, they want to see more of it even if they can't properly articulate what exactly they love about it. Take pride in that and don't let yourself be discouraged. Most importantly, you need to focus on yourself. Do you want to continue or do you feel pressured to continue? If the former, keep going.

OT: I just found out today that Kirby Morrow (the American VA of Miroku, Van Fanel, Son Goku, Cyclops from X-Men:Evolution, Trowa Barton, among others) just passed away yesterday. May he rest in peace.
    Last edited by Len Ikari145; 11-19-2020 at 08:15 PM.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    I don't believe that I can say anything more profound or supportive than what others have already stated. But remember, you started this novel because you wanted to express yourself and your creativity. The fact that your title sold proves that there *are* people that enjoy the world that you've constructed or at least, they want to see more of it even if they can't properly articulate what exactly they love about it. Take pride in that and don't let yourself be discouraged. Most importantly, you need to focus on yourself. Do you want to continue or do you feel pressured to continue? If the former, keep going.

OT: I just found out today that Kirby Morrow (the American VA of Miroku, Van Fanel, Son Goku, Cyclops from X-Men:Evolution, Trowa Barton, among others) just passed away yesterday. May he rest in peace.
    Rest In Peace. I liked his voice work.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Seems Nozomi Entertainment is slowly uploading HD-upscaled episodes of their anime backlog onto their YouTube channel.

I'm hoping they'll get to Dirty Pair eventually, but uprezzed Revolutionary Girl Utena seems like it'd be a nice rewatch down the road

My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Extraordinary Member

Dragonball Super: Is this Legend of Korra?

Boruto: Kurama is a nuclear physicist, who knew?

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

My take on Dragonball Super was pretty simple.

Goku seems to have forgotten he can use instant transmission.

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    Dragonball Super: Is this Legend of Korra?
    What do you mean by that?
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    What do you mean by that?
    Korra and Goku have now both spoilers:
    created giant spirit versions of themselves to beat up a big bad
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Dark Soul # 7; 11-20-2020 at 04:56 PM.

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Extraordinary Member Iron_Twister's Avatar

Well, decided to read a manga, Shigurui. And while I do find the premise interesting (basically a major how did we get there story about two crippled men about to sword fight to the death with a history between them), I got to say that the story so far as I'm reading is really really bleak.

Like the everyone is either so heavily flawed that I can barely root for them or so much of a terrible terrible human being that I look forward to their demise only to surprisingly feel hollow since it doesn't really resolve anything as the manga probably intended you to feel. Doesn't help that the setting really emphasizes how shitty these people kinda are in whatever way.

Oh, and yeah, there's a lot of gore and other unpleasant things in there akin to Berserk. The rather well done art only again makes it squeamish.

I do admit, the sword fights are interesting so there's that.

I guess the fact that one thing I'm doing in my story kinda reminds me of this manga (since it's all about a sword school) is what kept me reading it despite how depressing the thing gets.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Twister View Post
    Well, decided to read a manga, Shigurui. And while I do find the premise interesting (basically a major how did we get there story about two crippled men about to sword fight to the death with a history between them), I got to say that the story so far as I'm reading is really really bleak.

Like the everyone is either so heavily flawed that I can barely root for them or so much of a terrible terrible human being that I look forward to their demise only to surprisingly feel hollow since it doesn't really resolve anything as the manga probably intended you to feel. Doesn't help that the setting really emphasizes how shitty these people kinda are in whatever way.

Oh, and yeah, there's a lot of gore and other unpleasant things in there akin to Berserk. The rather well done art only again makes it squeamish.

I do admit, the sword fights are interesting so there's that.

I guess the fact that one thing I'm doing in my story kinda reminds me of this manga (since it's all about a sword school) is what kept me reading it despite how depressing the thing gets.
    read it years ago. it's a nice story but just depressing as ****. it's how two men were affected by bushido and how it did neither of them any good in the end.

Extraordinary Member Iron_Twister's Avatar

read it years ago. it's a nice story but just depressing as ****. it's how two men were affected by bushido and how it did neither of them any good in the end.
    Hooo yeah, quite the understatement to boot as well.