Page 638 of 750 FirstFirst ... 138538588628634635636637638639640641642648688738 ... LastLast
Results 9,556 to 9,570 of 11243
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Check this out, Homes! Nothing personal, just business. This is your lucky day. i won't go in on you (A BP Creator) None of ya'll MFs deserve my sympathy.

Nope! monsters/ aliens (Skrull)? It’s cliché & nerd pandering. Black folks have never really supported any monster themed media. We have only been associated with the non-black people’s’ obsessions with humanoid–beast-like creatures.

but by some miracle i wish the one-shot well. & i'll purchase... means I dig it so far. a simple consultation could've given you a guaranteed hit. WWO does not fail.

Bravo, Red, bravo
    Last edited by Paul Muad'Dib; 11-21-2020 at 04:28 PM.

BANNED

We win? How? That ni@@a (BP) literally looks like he’s fast runnin’, high-jumpin’ & spear-chuckin’!!!

Tentacle villain. Coates has ripped-off as many elements of WWO as he could. The man has no literary integrity for BP. He never did. Coogler claims he used Coate’s blue-print.

THE ONE YOU GOT YOUR IDEAS FROM.....

So Shuri is the new Black Panther...

Get Hectic!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Muad'Dib View Post

We win? How? That ni@@a (BP) literally looks like he’s fast runnin’, high-jumpin’ & spear-chuckin’!!!

Tentacle villain. Coates has ripped-off as many elements of WWO as he could. The man has no literary integrity for BP. He never did. Coogler claims he used Coate’s blue-print.

THE ONE YOU GOT YOUR IDEAS FROM.....
    I just wished that Coates run did not have a hiatus so that we could get a new writer in there.

The unfortunate passing of Chadwick Boseman does not bode well for up T'Challa fans. I have a feeling that T'Challa's role in the MCU will be diminished. It appears that the masses do not understand the importance of Black Panther (T'Challa) as a hero to so many. If an actor playing Superman, Batman or Spidey passed away; you know those roles would be recast due to the significance of those characters. Plus they make their companies tons of money. But we just have to wait and see.

If they are going to make Shuri the Black Panther without the presence of T'Challa, then at least they should come up with an original story and not steal from T'Challa's. It's bad enough they robbed T'Challa off his intelligence in the MCU and gave it to Shuri. We don't need them taking his story arcs from him.
    Last edited by Dboi654; 11-21-2020 at 06:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dboi654 View Post
    If they are going to make Shuri the Black Panther without the presence of T'Challa, then at least they should come up with an original story and not steal from T'Challa's. It's bad enough they robbed T'Challa off his intelligence in the MCU and gave it to Shuri. We don't need them taking his story arcs from him.
    Yea I didn’t like that either. Even though they did refer to TChallas original suit as “his design,” in the movie. I also don’t like all this tomfoolery about Shuri becoming Black Panther.

But seriously, please please don’t let it be true.

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    In-universe however blue marvel would be marvel's first black superhero.
    We dont live in universe

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    I really think you guys should start paying less attention to this. Easier said than done, I know. But it's a large reason why I'm not on Twitter.
    Problem is in todays twitter dominated universe closed mouths dont get fed. If all marvel hears is how "Everyone is ready for Shuri" then thats what theyll do sooner rather than later

Quote Originally Posted by MouserGrey View Post
    It's the ptsd developed from being a limg time T'Challa fan. Sure, it may be irrational, but there it is.
    It is though? I mean hes already died twice in the mcu. 2 outta 4 movies.
    Last edited by Ekie; 11-21-2020 at 07:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    It is though? I mean hes already died twice in the mcu. 2 outta 4 movies.
    Dude would of been punked more then Rhodey and we already know how bad thst bruthas got it..

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    Problem is in todays twitter dominated universe closed mouths dont get fed. If all marvel hears is how "Everyone is ready for Shuri" then thats what theyll do sooner rather than later
    I know Marvel already stated what their plan is for the MCU going in the next few years but who is to say they won't change things because of the request of the majority which is why paying no attention to it might not work.

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

I know Marvel already stated what their plan is for the MCU going in the next few years but who is to say they won't change things because of the request of the majority which is why paying no attention to it might not work.
    That's not how filmmaking works, and I've noticed this a lot with the Twitter folks saying "Shuri should be up next" or whatever.

For that to happen, Ryan Coogler would have to rewrite his entire script and based on reports prior to Chadwick's death and Coogler's comments about that, T'Challa is still the lead character in his current script. That means that from now to July next year, Marvel would be expecting Coogler to have written a new script and thrown out his old one. Except you can't literally finish your script on the month of production. It has to be at least by Marvel Studios' method a few months before that so they can start casting, secure rights to film in certain locations, have concept art ready, etc. That's why even though I've been on the fence about recasting I think that's the direction that they're going in based on the evidence.

People on Twitter are entitled and don't know what they're talking about. They think they can just say something and because it gets thousand of retweets and if they throw in a baseless accusation of racism/sexism/homophobia/etc or say how said thing would be good for representation that it'll just happen because they said so. All of that is ignoring how the creative process works. You're essentially asking Coogler to rewrite an entire script and partially base it on the death of his friend and the friend and co-worker of everyone else involved. And the expectation is that he would have started making that change at least a month after Chadwick died? That's a very insensitive thing to ask of someone. And just to be clear I'm neither a racist, sexist or homophobe and I support everyone but Twitter folks don't think objectively or about anyone else half of the time. That's why I say don't pay them attention.

I'm still on the fence on what direction they'd take, but I've made it clear that I'd support whatever happens as long as it's Coogler's decision or one he's agreed to. Of course he hasn't said anything, neither has Marvel. But if THR's report is accurate (there's at least a 99% chance that it is), then that evidence suggests a recast. Maybe that's what is easier for Coogler and the crew. But of course Twitter folks don't think about that and think the world must revolve around their wants instead.

Incredible Member

Many doesn't equate to a majority.

Quote Originally Posted by Chesterfield View Post
    Many doesn't equate to a majority.
    True but can we really quantify what the majority thinks in this scenario?

If Marvel let Twitter dictate how the movies turned out Steve would've went back in time to be with Bucky not Peggy. Told my sister yesterday when brought up Shuri as the next BP that I don't think Marvel would go that route for admittedly simplistic reasons. The big one being that aside from Hulk all the big name heroes are getting trilogies to tell their stories. Hell Thor is getting a fourth movie even after a completed arc. Legacy characters do seem to be slowly appearing but again that's after the story of the original has been told. Also I'm sure that at least one person in these boardroom meetings is aware of the bad optics of continuing a movie franchise without main character.
    Somewhere, a nerd cries. I feel nothing.