Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Well, of course the brain dead cultists would vote for Trump again, that’s no surprise. However, if the Donald goes on trial after leaving office and is convicted of his crimes, that would disqualify him from running for president again, and no one will take Don Jr. or Ivanka seriously as a candidate. So those legions of fools need to give up their fever dream of another Trump run.
    Didn't we learn anything from polls these last 2 elections?
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

On this date in 2014, "Crazy/Stupid Republican of the Day" ran a profile of Roger Rivard, a former Wisconsin state legislator who after receiving an endorsement from none other than current House Speaker Paul Ryan back in the 2010 elections, managed to get himself elected to office where he became a key ally of Gov. Paul Walker, voting for legislation like stricter Voter ID laws, lifting restrictions on mining safety, and to try to lift the ban on hunting gray wolves, even though that could lead to the species’ extinction. When protesters began to assemble in Madison to protest the Wisconsin GOP’s agenda, Rivard was quoted as calling them “terrorists”. That was far from his most egregiously appalling quote, however, as in December of 2011, Rivard was involved in a debate over the state’s “Romeo and Juliet” laws, he said that “as long as sex is consensual, it’s not rape”, which shows a rather poor understanding of statutory rape law. While at first, the media somehow missed the true weight of that quote, during the buildup to the 2012 elections, journalists really started doing digging into any member of the GOP who felt the need to wax poetic about rape. So they followed up with Rivard, who defended his previous discussions on the subject with an anecdote about the advice his father gave him growing up about girls agreeing consensual sex and then having remorse and calling it rape the next day, or as he put it…. “Some girls just rape easy.” Needless to say, after that Rivard was not elected to a second term, and both Paul Ryan and Scott Walker pretended he never heard of the guy after that.

In 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, and 2019, “Crazy/Stupid Republican of the Day” posted profiles of Elaine Morgan, a Rhode Island State Senator and dry cleaner who only seemed like as kooky as the average conservative at first when she voted against the state of Rhode Island’s attempt to raise the minimum wage, in the midst of its worst period of income inequality in the United States in almost a century, despite in her own words that she thinks the people know “MONEY WORKS BEST IN OUR POCKETS”. But what really got our attention was Morgan’s response to a letter from a constituent who was angry about the idea that the United States would potentially allow Syrian refugees to seek refuge and potentially emigrate to the United States, sending them a horribly Islamophobic response while accidentally CC’ing EVERY MEMBER OF THE STATE LEGISLATURE. Her inflammatory and disgusting take read, ”I do not want our governor bringing in any Syrian refugees. I think our country is under attack. I think this is a major plan by these countries to spread out their people to attack all non Muslim persons .The Muslim religion and philosophy is to murder, rape, and decapitate anyone who is a non Muslim. If we need to take these people in we should set up a refugee camp to keep them segregated from our populous. I think the protection of our US citizens and the United States of America should be the most important issue here.” When asked about her e-mail the next day, she didn’t apologize, and continued to suggest internment camps as an option, saying, “We have veterans in the streets starving, alcoholics, drug addicts. I can see taking Syrian refugees in, but keeping them all centralized – it sounds a little barbaric, but we need to centralize them and keep them in one central area.”

In 2017, Elaine Morgan co-sponsored an unsuccessful attempt to pass a law to drug test welfare recipients. You know, one of those kinds that lose a state a ton of money on the cost of drug testing, that then find that almost statistically no one if on drugs so no savings are found in booting people off of government assistance, and the law really only exists to shame poor people for asking for help in the first place. At least, that’s the initial money lost. States then get the opportunity to lose millions of dollars in lawsuits where the laws, if passed, get overturned as violations of the 4th Amendment that protects citizens from illegal search and seizures without cause. Point being, Morgan’s an idiot for even suggesting such a thing, and thankfully the Democratic majority voted down her attempt.

And, in an extremely depressing turn of events… the Rhode Island GOP did not find anyone to challenge Elaine Morgan for her seat on the Rhode Island State Senate in 2020, thus she again got her party’s nomination unopposed, before going on to barely survive defeat Democrat Jennifer Douglas with 54% of the vote.

She thus has been allowed to hang around the Rhode Island legislature where she has begun pretending parliamentary rules are being violated when she can’t get her way and kill legislation that she doesn’t like, such as pro-choice bills, impotently vote against bills as obviously necessary as a minimum wage increase, or to ban the manufacture of untraceable “ghost guns” in Rhode Island. Well, isn’t that just outstanding?
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by Farealmer View Post
    1. Is it any surprise when so many people voted for him this time.
    2. This is fresh off a loss they wish to overturn of course they are going to say that.

The bigger question is how many will still be loyal in 4 years.
    I'm curious to see as all the centipede's worth of shoes start dropping into corruption or stupidity of the Trump administration comes to the fore when they do things like declassify his phone calls with world leaders, or investigate his tax fraud and charity fraud... I want to see how many Qanon idiots still cry about the Deep State harassing their dear leader who was "sooooo close" to busting the big pedophile rings, versus people that go, "Holy s***, he was out of his mind way further than I ever knew (LOL, of course he is)! Maybe we should nominate a functional human being in a few years instead!"

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Allen View Post
    It is a problem that we have to say "we'll see", when we know that he lost! That is the problem! I know, just a few Republican politicians have just started to say he should accept the results of the election, but they should have been saying that all along! And yeah, while I imagine (and definitely hope) they will all eventually say he has to accept the results, it is dangerous and irresponsible for them to have gone along with it for so long. Given that we have already seen how there are right wing individuals and groups who are willing to resort to violence, and how there are thousands right now who are convinced there is a vast, nation-wide conspiracy working against them because Trump says so, "humoring" him this way can quite likely have literally deadly effects. Not even counting how many will still die yet due to the pandemic.

I suppose we can agree to disagree about what "beyond not losing gracefully" means, but I would offer how much of a poor sport Bernie was when he lost to Hillary, as an example of what not losing gracefully looks like. He grudgingly backed her once she was the candidate, but it was obviously a spiteful support.

And here's the thing, consider for a moment the alternate reality where Bernie beat Hillary, then beat Trump in 2016. After a divisive and tumultuous administration, where he was defeated by Romney weeks ago because somehow he managed to bungle the pandemic response as badly as Trump has, in our world? Alternate President Sanders does not try to undermine the election system so he can stay in power, not just because he is not as corrupt as Trump, but also because the Democratic leadership would not have supported his delusion for like two seconds once it was clear that he lost, and likewise, regardless of how often the two groups have been declared as just the same, I really don't see Bernie supporters standing with him as he tries to undermine the election process.

And I kind of don't see your point about "Hands Up, Don't Shoot". It's not as if any Democrats are in office based on the slogan. Who should be "tossed overboard" for it? Besides which, I think that saying it's "based on a lie" misses the point that the protests in Ferguson were not about just the shooting of Mike Brown. It was the response to systemic problems, and likewise I think the slogan has endured because those problems are not isolated to just Ferguson or St. Louis, but a problem with police nation-wide. I mean, I know you are not a fan of the term "Defund the Police" either, but I would say both are about trying to address how a good portion of the population do not feel as if the police "Protect and Serve" them.
    The Justice Department investigation was pretty clear that there were systematic civil rights violations in Ferguson, and this problem was not exclusive to Ferguson, so I certainly agree that we can't ignore that. But elected officials should not reference a debunked narrative, especially if you expect elected officials to tell their supporters inconvenient truths.

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/...-violence.html

I'm not sure Democrats would react differently in an alternate scenario, where a Sanders type (let's assume a Bernie Sanders young enough to run again in 2024) was issuing legal challenges despite clearly losing an election. Would the leadership really be willing to alienate the supporters of their President?

As an example of this, we could consider how the party insisted that Ralph Northam resign as Governor of Virginia until it turned out that it might lead to a Republican taking over.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    I'm curious to see as all the centipede's worth of shoes start dropping into corruption or stupidity of the Trump administration comes to the fore when they do things like declassify his phone calls with world leaders, or investigate his tax fraud and charity fraud... I want to see how many Qanon idiots still cry about the Deep State harassing their dear leader who was "sooooo close" to busting the big pedophile rings, versus people that go, "Holy s***, he was out of his mind way further than I ever knew (LOL, of course he is)! Maybe we should nominate a functional human being in a few years instead!"
    There is also that in Donny's first election he was an unknown and in this he's an incumbent that helped him. After 4 years of Joe in which all the "Biden is going to turn the US into Castro's Cuba!!!" is disproved and Joe's the incumbent the next time Biden will be in a much stronger place. Assuming of course Joe's still healthy enough for the office.

There is also that in Donny's first election he was an unknown and in this he's an incumbent that helped him. After 4 years of Joe in which all the "Biden is going to turn the US into Castro's Cuba!!!" is disproved and Joe's the incumbent the next time Biden will be in a much stronger place. Assuming of course Joe's still healthy enough for the office.
    I forgot to mention, Trump has debtors from China and Russia who will be looking into collecting in 2022 on that half a billion dollars of debt.

Gonna be hard to funnel campaign money legally into paying that off. Donald's got to not only avoid jail, but his latest bankruptcy. Taxpayers around the country being told they're paying towards Trump being a s*** businessman AGAIN?

He'll have simultaneously run his company and the country into the ground. But sure, let's give him another term in office to "own the libs".

Mighty Member

and no one will take Don Jr. or Ivanka seriously as a candidate.
    ........................If you had to place a percentage on the likelihood of that particular scenario going down......
    Last edited by Ragged Maw; 11-24-2020 at 09:55 AM.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Lightbulb

Pennsylvania Officially Certifies Joe Biden as State’s Election Winner!

"By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

After 4 years of Joe in which all the "Biden is going to turn the US into Castro's Cuba!!!" is disproved
    You know how they still talk about Obama, right? It won't be disproved that he wanted to do it, it'll just be that he wasn't allowed. Probably thanks to the good witch republicans.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ragged Maw View Post
    ........................If you had to place a percentage on the likelihood of that particular scenario going down......
    Hmm! Upon further review, I might have to rethink that opinion. I forget how stupid Trump cultists are, so yeah, they might well cast their lot with Junior or Ivanka.

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post

I’d say that’s the final nail in Trump’s coffin, but, he’ll keep on raging against the dying of the light. Trump won’t concede the election today, won’t concede tomorrow, won’t concede years from now on his deathbed.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    "Gopher rodeo" sounds like something that would be written if you tried to get a bot to write another sequel to a Chipmunks movie.
    I had no idea 30 liked this so much.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6w2eivKmfU

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

The Dow breached 30,000 points for the first time on Tuesday as investors bet on a swift economic recovery next year following progress on coronavirus vaccines and the formal go-ahead for President-elect Joe Biden's transition to the White House.

Economically-sensitive industrial stocks surged to a record high, while the financials and energy indexes jumped 3.3% and 4.8%, respectively.
    Read more at:
    https://economictimes.indiatimes.com...campaign=cppst
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post

PA to Team Trump:
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

I’d say that’s the final nail in Trump’s coffin, but, he’ll keep on raging against the dying of the light. Trump won’t concede the election today, won’t concede tomorrow, won’t concede years from now on his deathbed.
    We all have to accept he'll never concede, the important thing is Republicans in the Senate and House stop humoring this dangerous fraud nonsense so we can all move on.
    Current Pull: Amazing Spider-Man and Domino

Bunn for Deadpool's Main Book!