Page 92 of 149 FirstFirst ... 4282888990919293949596102142 ... LastLast
Results 1,366 to 1,380 of 2229

Quote Originally Posted by manofsteel1979 View Post
    Well, from a literal sense,yes COIE retconned the hell out of Supergirl (and much of the Arrowverse). From the standpoint that Kara,Clark, Barry and most of their close allies and even Lex remembers how things were before , everything still happened as we saw them. They just happened on the old Earths and everyone now lives on a new Earth with it's own timeline that they also remember. It all still matters in the sense that it still all matters to Kara as it's her life experiences and she is still the same character just now living in new circumstances.
    Yeah, all of the shows were altered, except for Batwoman (which was too new).

We know Marsdin was still president, which means that Earth-Prime, like Earth-38, probably had a one-term Obama. In Earth-1 and the real world, he lasted two terms. The shows introduced a different character in Invasion, instead of having Trump like in real life, but post-Crisis, she's been replaced by someone new.

Regarding villains, we know that any Flash episode involving multiversal characters played out differently. That impacts on Harrison Wells in particular, but also Gypsy, Breacher, and Jesse Quick.

Same goes for Black Siren in Arrow, who is now an anomaly, a remnant of a world that never existed. Most of Arrow played out differently due to Tommy Merlyn and Moira Queen never dying. Season 7 was particularly affected, as Emiko Adachi was not only resurrected after the Crisis, she was also never a villain. As such, that season would effectively have ended with the death of Ricardo Diaz and Oliver's release from jail.

Legends of Tomorrow loses the episode Star City 2040, which Crisis retconned to being an AU that was erased instead of a bad future (a necessary change as it's contradicted by the new Green Arrow and the Canaries future) and the episodes involving Leo Snart of Earth-X would've played out differently since he now never existed.

As for Supergirl, Lex having good publicity and owning the DEO changes a lot. Lena never rebranded Luthorcorp to L-Corp, so her introduction would've been different. Kara would've never received the breaching device at the end of Invasion, because she was on the same Earth as Barry already.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

Gavin Struthers, a cinematographer from The Witcher, is now director of cinematography for Superman & Lois - I haven't watched that, but I know it looks good so I'll assume this is a good thing.

Also linked from that article, an alleged leak of the titles for the first 5 episodes; I'll assume this is legitimate, because there's no obvious "fanboys are gonna pop for this and spread it far and wide!" ones:

1. Pilot
    2. Heritage
    3. The Perks Of Not Being A Wallflower
    4. Haywire
    5. The Beacon
    Buh-bye

Quote Originally Posted by Dispenser Of Truth View Post
    Gavin Struthers, a cinematographer from The Witcher, is now director of cinematography for Superman & Lois - I haven't watched that, but I know it looks good so I'll assume this is a good thing.

Also linked from that article, an alleged leak of the titles for the first 5 episodes; I'll assume this is legitimate, because there's no obvious "fanboys are gonna pop for this and spread it far and wide!" ones:

1. Pilot
    2. Heritage
    4. Haywire
    5. The Beacon
    If not for the fact that Livewire is dead (barring a Crisis revision), I would've thought she'd be in the fourth episode.

1. Pilot
    2. Heritage
    4. Haywire
    5. The Beacon
    Yeah the Witcher was pretty well put together cinematographic wise. Hm not much to be gleaned from those titles.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    If not for the fact that Livewire is dead (barring a Crisis revision), I would've thought she'd be in the fourth episode.
    I feel that her return will be a safe guess, though it will probably be with a new actor and a background revamp like Sam Lane.
    Last edited by Vordan; 11-24-2020 at 03:41 PM.

I assume "Heritage" refers to something Kryptonian related, Smallville related, or wherever the Stranger is from.

Episode 3 sounds like it's focused on the kids and their personalities.

Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

From what we know from the pilot script, I'd suspect going by the title "The Beacon" is going to be on the relatively cosmic side of things, maybe even the midseason finale given the shortened season length.
    Buh-bye

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Haywire could mean he loses control of his powers.
    Assassinate Putin!

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    Haywire could mean he loses control of his powers.
    Or the kids do.

Return of the Solar Flare?

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Seriously? The CW wasted Livewire?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Iris is black in JL because the Arrowverse made her black first.
    They didn't have to do that, and now we have two African-American Iris's. Krypton made Zod black.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    The Kryptonian prison that Kara had launched into space at the end of season 1 ended up in an area poisonous to men, and there was a threat there. So Kara assembled an all female team to investigate, including villains Psi and Livewire. Livewire ends up doing a heroic sacrifice to stop a villainess. The actress who played her then joined the cast of Riverdale.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

From what we know from the pilot script, I'd suspect going by the title "The Beacon" is going to be on the relatively cosmic side of things, maybe even the midseason finale given the shortened season length.
    That episode title makes me think of the alien farmers Cobb and Kathy Branden in Superman Rebirth. Kathy ends up taking Beacon as a superhero codename, only to vanish from the narrative when Bendis took over the book.

I hesitate to say they did, because I think they had a good take on her, but they killed her off too soon.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    The Kryptonian prison that Kara had launched into space at the end of season 1 ended up in an area poisonous to men, and there was a threat there. So Kara assembled an all female team to investigate, including villains Psi and Livewire. Livewire ends up doing a heroic sacrifice to stop a villainess. The actress who played her then joined the cast of Riverdale.
    I hate everything about that sentence. Something I liked about Livewire was how unrepentantly bad she was. Not every villain needs a redemption arc.

I hate everything about that sentence. Something I liked about Livewire was how unrepentantly bad she was. Not every villain needs a redemption arc.
    I mean, even the comics gave her one in her last Post-Crisis appearance during Grounded, if I remember right.