Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by pageturner View Post
    I have long thought Spiderman belongs on a team. Not just for commercial reasons although they certainly exist.

He is smart not elite smart but he is high level smart.
    strong not elite level but far stronger than most.
    Fast not speedster fast but fast.
    Agile few better
    plus his spider sense.
    Also he has worked with pretty much everyone and works fighting bank robbers and aliens.

He certainly fit the Future foundation
    I really liked him as an Avenger and the relationship he developed with Stark
    He would have worked well in the last version of the Defenders and probably would have been used if not for the netflix show.
    Only team I wat Spidey on is a crew with his fellow Spider people like the Order of the Web stuff we recently got. Id be 1000% down for that.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    The Silver Age doesn't always age well :P.

(Unless that Black Lightning one is from the Bronze Age, but it feels a little Silver Age-y).
    Bronze Age, yeah, since he first debuted in the 1970s.

Quote Originally Posted by Toonstrack View Post
    Only team I wat Spidey on is a crew with his fellow Spider people like the Order of the Web stuff we recently got. Id be 1000% down for that.
    Like an all-new, all-different Spider Society? Or WEB (Worldwide Engineering Brigade) Corps?
    The spider is always on the hunt.

I am not opposed to something like that since it gives Peter a chance to lead.

I also like the idea of him with the Luke Cage defenders or even a new version of Marvel knights. He belongs on the Avengers as the elite character he is but the rock of him having to be a loser weighs heavy.

Astonishing Member

I would rather there not be any sort of formal team, but it would be interesting if he got requests from Madame Webb more often.

Astonishing Member

Spider-Man would work just fine on a team with Daredevil, Luke Cage, Jessica Jones, and Iron Fist. He is practically friends with all those guys.
    Last edited by Kaitou D. Kid; 11-29-2020 at 09:59 PM.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitou D. Kid View Post
    Spider-man would work just fine on a team with Daredevil, Luke Cage, Jessica Jones, and Iron Fist. He is practically friends with all those guys.
    And in Daredevil's case, they were (almost) as close as brothers, at least when they knew each other's real names . . . which I'm hoping they re-confessed to each other during that heart-to-heart between them in Daredevil #23 by Chip Zdarsky.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    And in Daredevil's case, they were (almost) as close as brothers, at least when they knew each other's real names . . . which I'm hoping they re-confessed to each other during that heart-to-heart between them in Daredevil #23 by Chip Zdarsky.
    Yeah Spiderman and Cage are probably his best friends in the supes world.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitou D. Kid View Post
    Spider-Man would work just fine on a team with Daredevil, Luke Cage, Jessica Jones, and Iron Fist. He is practically friends with all those guys.
    he was on a team with them.....it was called the AVENGERS
    The J-man

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    he was on a team with them.....it was called the AVENGERS
    Spider-Man would work fine with them on the New Avengers. There is even an Avengers EMH episode that features Spider-Man as team leader and it is arguably one of the best portrayals of Avenger Spider-Man period.

IMO, the best portrayals of Spider-Man as an Avenger are JMS' run and that episode.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

I think they rather see him as a loner. And he works better that way. From their mouths before. Except for the occasional team-up. Though, they could bring that back- "Marvel Team-Up." Or "Marvel Tales."

Spider-Man hasn't been a loner for years now, considering all the team ups he has, his status as a mentor. The whole spider-verse thing and his tenure on the Avengers. There are loner heroes out there but Spidey is far from the top of that list.
    The J-man

Spider-Man is as much a loner as Batman is.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Spider-Man is as much a loner as Batman is.
    If anything Spider-Man has a better case for being a loner than Batman does because Batman had sidekicks and team membership fairly early into his publication, while in contrast Spider-Man didn't get anything close to a partner until the late 80's/early 90's, an Avengers membership in the 2000's, and a bunch of similarly themed spinoff characters who he generally doesn't have all that much to do with in the 2010's.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    If anything Spider-Man has a better case for being a loner than Batman does because Batman had sidekicks and team membership fairly early into his publication, while in contrast Spider-Man didn't get anything close to a partner until the late 80's/early 90's, an Avengers membership in the 2000's, and a bunch of similarly themed spinoff characters who he generally doesn't have all that much to do with in the 2010's.
    My expirience with reading Spider-Man is basically that he is willing to work with others when he needs to, but usually prefers to work alone, partially because he rarely needs help against villains, partially because he prefers it, so for me he qualifies as a loner, he is just not an ******* about it like most examples lol.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    My expirience with reading Spider-Man is basically that he is willing to work with others when he needs to, but usually prefers to work alone, partially because he rarely needs help against villains, partially because he prefers it, so for me he qualifies as a loner, he is just not an ******* about it like most examples lol.
    Oh yeah, I forgot about team-ups. He is the master of the team-ups .