Page 2 of 45 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Her father is alive and she captured him in one of the last Young Justice issues. In the Nu52-Rebirth continuity she was living with Harper for a while before running away with Tim. Cassandra was indeed adopted by Bruce pre-Flashpoint.

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    I might be confusing Steph with Cassie. Wait is her father even alive currently? I mean he could just be a changed
    Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    Her father is alive and she captured him in one of the last Young Justice issues. In the Nu52-Rebirth continuity she was living with Harper for a while before running away with Tim. Cassandra was indeed adopted by Bruce pre-Flashpoint.
    Stephanie's father is Cluemaster (Arthur Brown).
    Cassie was the daughter of David Cain and Lady Shiva (though whether that changed with the New52/Rebirth, I'm not sure).

A teenage Shiva appeared in New 52 Nightwing, so yeah, Cass's parentage was changed when she reappeared later on. Rebirth reverted it.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

Hope this is a good year for Steph.

I hope miller is well. Unusual for him not to comment yet.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

I forgot to subscribe to the new thread!
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    I forgot to subscribe to the new thread!
    Happy 2021 Miller

I know there are two Batgirls so I guess Steph and Cassie? So where does Cassie live and Steph live? I take it they just live with Bruce

I know there are two Batgirls so I guess Steph and Cassie? So where does Cassie live and Steph live? I take it they just live with Bruce
    Cass, not Cassie.

Oracle's tower?

Yeah, Orphan and Wonder Girl are both called Cassandra, but while Cassie is often used by WG, the bat is usually just called Cass.

Someone in the late 90s must've really liked the name, it being used twice for new teen DC heroes in just a few years.

As for where they're living, definitely not Oracle's clock tower. I think Cass was living in one of Bruce's secondary properties with the other Outsiders, but I don't think we knew what Steph's living arrangements were. She does have access to the old JLA mountain though (Young Justice was using it as their base again recently) - the trouble is, it's not in Gotham!
    Last edited by Digifiend; 01-13-2021 at 01:19 PM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Which continuity at what time? Early Rebirth, for example, they each got their own place, though Cass stays over at Steph's apartment unless she's boinking Tim that night.

In Convergence, Tim, Cass, and Steph are staying in the same apartment.

Extraordinary Member

What do people think of Steph's appearance in Robin Future State? To be honest, I'm getting tired of these alternate timelines where Steph quits the vigilante gig. The point of her character is that she keeps doing it despite all the people why try to get her to stop and that she never quits. Convergence and now Future State get her wrong on a fundamental level by having her retire only to be brought back later on.

Danger Doll in pink! Chickfighter's Avatar

What do people think of Steph's appearance in Robin Future State? To be honest, I'm getting tired of these alternate timelines where Steph quits the vigilante gig. The point of her character is that she keeps doing it despite all the people why try to get her to stop and that she never quits. Convergence and now Future State get her wrong on a fundamental level by having her retire only to be brought back later on.
    Amen.
    (Also now that I've replied on this thread it will be easier for me to find. )

Yeah, I wasn't too enthused by that either to be honest. Just more unnecessary Steph drama...

(And Tim caught between two plucky blondes? Come on).

I never thought that it would be Steph who would defeat that thing.. Robin Eternal preview cheated me making me think that it was Tim. Like the Issue. After leave Tim one time she returned again later.

April solicitations are (unfortunately) quite Steph-less. As for Future State, I really hope those rumors about her aren't true. I mean they were from Bleeding Cool so most likely none of it's true. Hopefully. But the anxiety is killing me