Page 9 of 113 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959109 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    Saw one ad lol. I assumed they would get to the 2000s a lot quicker or go non-linear.
    I too expected more “outside” POV. I knew the show angle would go at least half way through but I thought we would get more hints... I found it hard to make it through a whole hour (2 episodes) and I like sick can dyke show and bewitched.
    In the real world i would be BOTH pro registration and Pro mutant rights. Xavier and Trask were both right.

that was interesting, for one thing the filming was really impressive, it doesn't look like they just slapped a camera filter on it really looks like it's shot in black and white, and the little bit of color introduced in episode 2 is visually striking. I imagine the weirdness will ramp up as the series progresses

While i enjoyed the first two eps, they didn't really scratch my itch for more epic mcu adventures... still a lot of fun though.

Magician Vision reminded me a lot of Rik Mayall from the old British comedy The Young Ones, however maybe that's just me.

Astonishing Member

I found it interesting and I liked the style overall and the seemingly unique use of her reality and magic powers here.

But, I can see a real problem with pacing in a show like this being one episode a week. To me this is something that seemingly built for a binge. I didn't get nearly enough hints at the bigger mystery to satisfy a once a week episode. Maybe if it was all released at the same time you wouldn't notice it.

But once a week with only the most minute hints of "maybe blank organization we know from the comics", namedrop of a villian we know from the MCU. This one may be hard to judge accurately until the end. But if you get a few episodes in and its still this vague and iffy I can see there being legit pacing complaints.

For now overall I liked it, I could have watched 4 more episodes now and been completely into it. So bottom line it will take a few more episodes to be able to recommend it. And I think for a lot of people they might want to wait to binge if they don't have patience.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

I really loved it, but I agree this was a show made for a binge.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I enjoyed the throwback to classic sitcoms. This style of show was way before my time but I enjoyed the comedy.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

I'm going to assume the next episode will be the Halloween one in the 70's with the Brady Bunch allusions? I do wonder when we'll start to see more SWORD characters outside Monica like Darcy and Wu.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

I did not enjoy the pacing at all. I know you will have a lot of people praising it because of the "they are doing something new" mindset, but when new is boring it is still boring. These two episodes should have just been cut together as one. The first episode was just a bore and really served no purpose other than to say 'hey look how cool it is we can recreate and old style tv show". Episode two was better with hints dropped about the main plot, but even then the pacing was awful. I was really not happy about the runtimes Disney listed either since they were just straight up lies. Both episodes had almost 10 minutes of credits so the first episode was only 20 minutes of actual story. I know that was keeping with the "well sitcoms were only about 20 minutes in the old days" theme they were going for, but come on. There is enough of the main plot to keep me coming back, but if the rest of the series is paced this baddly this series is going to go down as a dud.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by HeartofTheStoriesWeTell View Post
    I too expected more “outside” POV. I knew the show angle would go at least half way through but I thought we would get more hints... I found it hard to make it through a whole hour (2 episodes) and I like sick can dyke show and bewitched.
    Yeah I did expect more variety half way through I was like "Seriously?". Didn't expect the whole ep to be that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    I did not enjoy the pacing at all. I know you will have a lot of people praising it because of the "they are doing something new" mindset, but when new is boring it is still boring. These two episodes should have just been cut together as one. The first episode was just a bore and really served no purpose other than to say 'hey look how cool it is we can recreate and old style tv show". Episode two was better with hints dropped about the main plot, but even then the pacing was awful. I was really not happy about the runtimes Disney listed either since they were just straight up lies. Both episodes had almost 10 minutes of credits so the first episode was only 20 minutes of actual story. I know that was keeping with the "well sitcoms were only about 20 minutes in the old days" theme they were going for, but come on. There is enough of the main plot to keep me coming back, but if the rest of the series is paced this baddly this series is going to go down as a dud.
    I absolutely agree that the 10 minutes of credits was pretty sketchy. It seems like they want us to think of the animated credits as being really cool, but it just felt to me like padding the runtime.

And yeah, feels like if you don't appreciate old sitcoms (even ironically) this might seem like a bore. Doesn't seem like it make for a great rewatch either, although i suppose from Disney's pov the main goal is to make sure you don't cancel your subscription rather than encouraging repeated viewings, since we aren't paying for tickets every time.

Anybody think this could be the framework from Agents of SHIELD?
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

From the trailers I know the show is going to get more interesting but the first two episodes didn't do enough for me to imply the weirdness going on, way to focused on parodying old sitcoms.

Like all the Marvel shows pacing is a problem.

Astonishing Member

Yup, I'm done watching week to week. I'll binge watch when they are all out.

Other than a few Easter Eggs, I thought it was horrible, at least in terms of being interesting and wanting to keep the viewer engaged.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Anybody think this could be the framework from Agents of SHIELD?
    No. That would mean having to acknowledge anything that came from Marvel TV.