Extraordinary Member

From the other threads.

[MARVEL Future Fight] November Update - YouTube
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nG3gi3WbWaQ
    and
    Blue marvel and Nova vs Anti-man.
    [MARVEL Future Fight] 'The Ultimates' Update! - YouTube

Here is more.
    MARVEL: Future Fight - The Ultimates Cinematics & GamePlay!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yeL3yDdJYxM
    MARVEL FUTURE FIGHT INTRODUCES TEAM ULTIMATES FROM MARVEL COMICS
    America Chavez, Blue Marvel, Quasar, and Nova Join the Game Along With
    Updates to Story Missions
    http://www.capsulecomputers.com.au/2...marvel-comics/
    Last edited by mace11; 01-14-2021 at 05:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    Rumor: Marvel Studios Looking To Include Blue Marvel In Agents of S.W.O.R.D. Show
    https://www.newsbreak.com/news/16157...-of-sword-show

P.J Black quote-

David Ajala could play blue marvel.

In 2018 Ajala was cast in season 4 of Supergirl, portraying Manchester Black.
    In October 2019, he joined the regular cast of season three of Star Trek: Discovery.
    https://www.imdb.com/name/nm2916966/

Stephan James (actor)
    Could play the blue marvel as well.

Derek Luke who played Gabe Jones in the first captain america big screen movie.
    They could just recast and play blue marvel.

Some other actors for blue marvel are Hisham Tawfiq from Black List.

https://forums.superherohype.com/thr...552175/page-13

https://www.thewrap.com/david-oyelow...-she-elevates/

Which Marvel Superhero Should John Boyega Play in the MCU
    https://nerdist.com/john-boyega-marvel-superhero/
    Idris Elba Wants A More Prominent Role In The MCU - MCUExchange
    https://mcuexchange.com/idris-elba-bigger-role-mcu/
    Great to see Adam's site return. Both of these actors would make an excellent Blue Marvel.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

I just finished watching One Night in Miami. For those that are unfamiliar, it's a movie centering on 4 men -- Sam Cooke, Malcolm X, Cassius Clay (Muhammad Ali) and Jim Brown -- all legendary African-American icons sitting down for a moment of reflection on an historic evening during the 1960s. Not that Adam Brashear is anywhere near icon status, but if you were writing this story for him, who would you choose to be the other 3 African-American comic book icons in the room?

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    I just finished watching One Night in Miami. For those that are unfamiliar, it's a movie centering on 4 men -- Sam Cooke, Malcolm X, Cassius Clay (Muhammad Ali) and Jim Brown -- all legendary African-American icons sitting down for a moment of reflection on an historic evening during the 1960s. Not that Adam Brashear is anywhere near icon status, but if you were writing this story for him, who would you choose to be the other 3 African-American comic book icons in the room?
    Black Panther, Luke Cage and Storm.

Falcon would probably be more organic than Ororo seeing as he's had more interactions with the others than she has. But she's more iconic and could add an unique point of view to a deep conversation.

Black Panther - Reps regular hero
    Blue Marvel - Reps cosmic level heroes.
    Bishop - Reps the mutant faction.

Easy peasy.

Does Adam have any sort of "stealth presence" in American communities, like in the MCU Panther movie they have him start establishing STEM community centers/schools in urban areas. To have influence without it "obviously" being about him.

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    Black Panther - Reps regular hero
    Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    Black Panther, Luke Cage and Storm.
    LOL! You guys are killing me. Black Panther isn't African American. He's Wakandan. He's technically only able to legally operate in the US at the blessing of the State Department. That also means that in some states T'Challa can't even make a citizen's arrest. Anyone he apprehended would be released, if they had even a Trump lawyer representing them in court. But...comics.

I want to focus strictly on the African American experience, womb to the tomb, cradle to the grave, so to speak. Luke Cage, Falcon are probably locks, since both are fairly popular in the fictional universe. Bishop might be a good one, although like Adam, I'm not sure that anyone sees him as an icon. I wish there was a way to merge Bishop and Isaiah Bradley into a single character. The past and the future combined.

They are all vigilantes. Unless, they are operating under Shield none of them can really arrest anyone, if you want to nitpick.

Blade and BP top the iconic status, but if you're going to nitpick citizenship then their out. Bishop would technically be out to seeing as he isn't even from this time/era.

That leaves you with a pool of:

Luke Cage (Powerman)
    James Rhodes (War Machine)
    Sam Wilson (Falcon)
    Miles Morales (Spider-Man)
    Jericho Drumm (Doctor Voodoo)
    Nick Fury
    Isaiah Bradley
    Misty Knight
    Bill (William) Foster (Black Goliath)
    Monica Rambeau (Spectrum)
    Dwayne Taylor (Night Thrasher)
    Tyrone Johnson (Cloak)
    Elijah Bradley (Patriot)

Stom's citizenship is kind of debateable. She probably holds U.S. citizenship but given what you're looking for she probably doesn't fit.
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    Does Adam have any sort of "stealth presence" in American communities, like in the MCU Panther movie they have him start establishing STEM community centers/schools in urban areas. To have influence without it "obviously" being about him.
    Good question. It's history yet to be written.

There's so much about Adam that writers haven't detailed. Judging from his technology alone we know that Adam is far wealthier than he lets on. You'd need hundreds of millions, if not billions just to own and maintain his Kadesh base, various teleportational hubs, Neutral Zone armors, and countless other hi tech inventions. There's no way he affords any of that on a part-time professor's salary -- or even by owning the occasional patent. Given that he's such a big humanitarian, one would think that he's used some of his wealth for something other than scientific discovery.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    They are all vigilantes. Unless, they are operating under Shield none of them can really arrest anyone, if you want to nitpick.
    It's not nitpicking, by any stretch. In the real world any US citizen can arrest another citizen caught in the act of breaking the law. It's not vigilantism, necessarily. If I catch Jeff Bezos in the act of committing a crime, I can legally affect a citizen's arrest. I just need to provide proof, communicate to him my intentions, and contact the appropriate authorities to arrest him. Granted, I'm not allowed to use violence to detain him in most states, unless I am acting in self-defense. That last part is what gets comic book heroes in trouble. Some of them punch first and don't bother establishing legal grounds for detaining an individual. That's taking the law into your own hands, which will get you in just as much trouble as the person you're trying to arrest.

In any event, I think I have my 4: Luke, Sam, Isaiah and Adam. The Iconics.

Astonishing Member

It's not nitpicking, by any stretch. In the real world any US citizen can arrest another citizen caught in the act of breaking the law. It's not vigilantism, necessarily. If I catch Jeff Bezos in the act of committing a crime, I can legally affect a citizen's arrest. I just need to provide proof, communicate to him my intentions, and contact the appropriate authorities to arrest him. Granted, I'm not allowed to use violence to detain him in most states, unless I am acting in self-defense. That last part is what gets comic book heroes in trouble. Some of them punch first and don't bother establishing legal grounds for detaining an individual. That's taking the law into your own hands, which will get you in just as much trouble as the person you're trying to arrest.
    I like PS4 Spider-Man's excuse. "You know, if I'd actually let you guys break-in, you'd be going away for much longer."

The point isn't to punish the criminals/villains as much as it is to protect the innocent. By contrast, some of these guys may turn over a new leaf.

Extraordinary Member

Jericho Drumm (Doctor Voodoo) is Haitian and not a citizen of the u.s.

Jericho returned to his native of Port-au-Prince, Haiti after twelve years of education and practice in the United States.
    Bishop is australian american,not african american.
    Last edited by mace11; 01-15-2021 at 05:13 PM.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    Jericho Drumm (Doctor Voodoo) is Haitian and not a citizen of the u.s.

Bishop is australian american,not african american.
    Nope, that's not a race. bishop is black. where you are born is not your race.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by superheat View Post
    Nope, that's not a race. bishop is black. where you are born is not your race.
    Bishop is not a ethnic african american.
    He is a black australian american.
    Both of his parents are australian.
    Bishop and his sister Shard were both born in one of the American "mutant relocation camps", the children of Australian mutants Burnum and Kadee. Like other mutants they were branded with "M" tattoos over their right eyes for identification.
    https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Lucas...p_(Earth-1191)
    Last edited by mace11; 01-15-2021 at 09:06 PM.

I'd like to see a cool Blue Marvel mini set in the 60s with a pulpy Atomic Age setting and stylization. Just to flesh out what he was doing before he was asked to step down. Highly unlikely but it'd be awesome to have Bruce Timm do the art.