Page 33 of 772 FirstFirst ... 232930313233343536374383133533 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    Look to what the writer said himself. He reached out to the KIB writer to see how to write this KIB tie in. If you've been reading the main book nothing that occurred in that story would suggest their relationship is ending. In fact if anything tchalla seeing ororo fighting for her life would make mr believe it would make him want to fight even harder for their love.

and storm is a goddess whether or not wakandans believe in her. that nugget has been hinted at well before Coates came along.
    Yep, the goddess magic is beyond evolution. It literally can't go away. Literally, the only thing believing in her does is to allow her to change it into power.

I really need a mini-series where Storm expands her magic potential. She activated her divine magic with Hadari Yao. It's time to get training with that and learn a type of magic her future self had too which white magic. She has the potential to wield several types of magic. They weren't lying about her magic potential.

I would love to see some training with Agatha, Magik, Strange, Scarlet Witch, Roma, and more.

I would also like Sersi to train Storm more in wielding cosmic energy.

Quote Originally Posted by Mah_Boons View Post
    My Dreams consists of Storm killing T’Challa.

In X-Men Forever, Claremont had a clone of Storm seduce T'Challa and trick Killmonger into killing him, then killing him, and steal the throne of Wakanda by saying she had married T'Challa in secret. It was ridiculous but I loved it in a guilty pleasure sort of way. That Storm killed Wolverine, blinded Sabretooth permanently, killed Havok. She was over the top and I kinda loved it. Plus there were two more Storms('Lil 'Ro and like, energy elemental Black Panther Storm; X-Men Forever was very weird).

Last edited by yogaflame; 01-15-2021 at 03:52 PM.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    If this is just further driving a nail in the coffin that's fine with me, I'd just find it unnecessary. Marauders #13 for all it's flaws did what it set out to do, what possibly is there left that needs to be said between these two characters lol

Storm got overwhelmed by those symbiotes on the other side of the Earth while Wakanda's getting invaded, I don't think organizing a mass prayer is possible then lmao. But this writer is on record saying he finds the goddess stuff disrespectful to Wakanda and unnecessary for Storm so yea, I doubt we'll be getting any Hadari Yao that issue.
    And he's absolutely right on both counts.
    Wakanda has its own Goddess in Bast EVERY Wakandan is practically born knowing who Bast is and her importance to Wakanda...why the frak didn't Coates just use her to fight the big bad?
    Storm...for all intents and purposes has been a Goddess long before she married T'Challa and became part of Wakanda's royal history. She inadvertently tapped into her Godhead after escaping Doom's "prison" in UXM 147...no one was praying to her then, that was ALL her.

Coates was just looking for some X-clout and fooled some Storm-fans into boosting BP sales (which it didn't because we true BP fans saw and smelled that rubbish and bailed).
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KLY360 View Post
    Yep, the goddess magic is beyond evolution. It literally can't go away. Literally, the only thing believing in her does is to allow her to change it into power.

I really need a mini-series where Storm expands her magic potential. She activated her divine magic with Hadari Yao. It's time to get training with that and learn a type of magic her future self had too which white magic. She has the potential to wield several types of magic. They weren't lying about her magic potential.

I would love to see some training with Agatha, Magik, Strange, Scarlet Witch, Roma, and more.

I would also like Sersi to train Storm more in wielding cosmic energy.
    exactly! your explanation is spot on. it cannot go away just as her blue eyes can't it is a partt of her.

do you think with her weather abilities and divine/magical abilities she would become too OP? I would love for one of the Orishas to train her on her divine heritage. I'm not sure the mages you listed could help her there with the divine aspect but I do think its long overdue for this as well.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

nothing wrong with fun. not sure why it would be a waste to show two characters who love one another fighting to help each other.

also this writer does not like storm. you should check some of the posts in the BP thread.
    Personally i hope the next BP writer savagely hates storm but that's just me. not really going to touch on how they do or don't feel because whether they are in love or not doesn't matter to me.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Personally i hope the next BP writer savagely hates storm but that's just me. not really going to touch on how they do or don't feel because whether they are in love or not doesn't matter to me.
    well it would fair considering how tchalla is treated whenever xwriters get their hands on him. and I know you don't care love but there are many readers who do like them together and im one of them!!!

February Black History month is going to be filled with soooooo much BLACK LOVE!!!! I can't wait! What a great start to the year!!!
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    If this is just further driving a nail in the coffin that's fine with me, I'd just find it unnecessary. Marauders #13 for all it's flaws did what it set out to do, what possibly is there left that needs to be said between these two characters lol

Storm got overwhelmed by those symbiotes on the other side of the Earth while Wakanda's getting invaded, I don't think organizing a mass prayer is possible then lmao. But this writer is on record saying he finds the goddess stuff disrespectful to Wakanda and unnecessary for Storm so yea, I doubt we'll be getting any Hadari Yao that issue.
    I would go as far as saying it was disrespectful to both. If coates wanted Storm to do something he should have had her do it, not chain her to a country as though that is what she needed especially when she already has worshippers of her own to this day in Africa. I'm just glad he never got to explore it further and at this point it's just rumors of what people in the country think and as we know rumors are usually just that, it feels like the people were trying to usurp her because their own goddess was missing.

As far as wakanda being disrepected they already have their own gods as for coates to expand on as said. There will definitely be know complaints from me if Tchalla goes "She made her choice." lol
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

I would go as far as saying it was disrespectful to both. If coates wanted Storm to do something he should have had her do it, not chain her to a country as though that is what she needed especially when she already has worshippers of her own to this day in Africa. I'm just glad he never got to explore it further and at this point it's just rumors of what people in the country think and as we know rumors are usually just that, it feels like the people were trying to usurp her because their own goddess was missing.

As far as wakanda being disrepected they already have their own gods as for coates to expand on as said. There will definitely be know complaints from me if Tchalla goes "She made her choice." lol
    the worshippers in Kenya didn't believe she was a real god as indicated in her solo. they believed her to be a silly girl and did that only to satiate her ego.

well it would fair considering how tchalla is treated whenever xwriters get their hands on him. and I know you don't care love but there are many readers who do like them together and im one of them!!!

February Black History month is going to be filled with soooooo much BLACK LOVE!!!! I can't wait! What a great start to the year!!!
    Fist fights, annulments, sitting down when a man tell you not to go after your wife, calling your man basic. This kind of black love seems twisted to me, glad i got to see a good example from my parents. But eh. I really do hope you get what you want in BP where those people who want it can go get it and i'll stick with the x-books and wherever else storm pops up. We can all win possibly.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

the worshippers in Kenya didn't believe she was a real god as indicated in her solo. they were believed her to be a silly girl.
    one person doesn't make something fact. They worshiped her beyond that story, still called her goddess etc so i'm not really going to coast on one person in a story trying to tear Storm down where the art already had her looking like a monster.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Fist fights, annulments, sitting down when a man tell you not to go after your wife, calling your man basic. This kind of black love seems twisted to me, glad i got to see a good example from my parents. But eh. I really do hope you get what you want in BP where those people who want it can go get it and i'll stick with the x-books and wherever else storm pops up. We can all win possibly.
    you should recall the fist fights and annulment was written by a white writer which hudlin said was only done because marvel didn't own the full rights to the xmen. none of that is relevant now because they are both still fighting for each other and shown as such by writers who don't even like the pairing. Coates, and hudlin to a degree, has written these two lovingly as they should be written.

we will see how kib is written but from what I'm seeing in the previews and from the writer it does seem like everyone can get a win in some fashion.

one person doesn't make something fact. They worshiped her beyond that story, still called her goddess etc so i'm not really going to coast on one person in a story trying to tear Storm down where the art already had her looking like a monster.
    thats how canon works. and when was she worshipped in Kenya beyond her solo?

ainet in xmen gold didnt even lray to her but to the norse gods. thats how she became stormcaster.

you should recall the fist fights and annulment was written by a white writer which hudlin said was only done because marvel didn't own the full rights to the xmen. none of that is relevant now because they are both still fighting for each other and shown as such by writers who don't even like the pairing. Coates, and hudlin to a degree, has written these two lovingly as they should be written.

we will see how kib is written but from what I'm seeing in the previews and from the writer it does seem like everyone can get a win in some fashion.
    yeah and a black writer had her sitting on the sidelines because her husband wanted to be all manly. far from impressed. If i'm honest if i knew Storm was in KIB:BP i would not have preordered it as i won't read her there anymore but since i already did i'm hoping for the best or rather worst and it's a direct clap back to marauders 13.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

thats how canon works. and when was she worshipped in Kenya beyond her solo?

ainet in xmen gold didnt even lray to her but to the norse gods. thats how she became stormcaster.
    I don't really care about canon. lol. haven't you figured it out yet. i care about what i like. but if you are mentioning canon where is Storm still fighting for BP. IN KIB she was no where near BP and the last we saw she dropped that sword off and was like peace.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Nobody is giving Greg Pak's poor interpretation of something definitively established by a writer far better than him, any credibility. That issue was rubbish beyond comprehension. A ****-stain on an otherwise okay-ish LS.
    To see it referenced as "truth" is very...WTF?
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!