Page 37 of 774 FirstFirst ... 273334353637383940414787137537 ... LastLast
    Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    The episodes were good, it really felt like a 60s and 70s sitcom. Paul Bettany was so great, Elizabeth was great too but he surprised me. They are very flexible and hilarious.
    There is a creepiness on the air, it is so great to see it mixing with the comedy.
    It is Nice to Hear you enjoyed it as much as you did Rang10!

Indeed how they played with the Sitcom Eras so far has been so well handed and praised by many it will be a cliffnote timecapsule of a show the homage and honor classic TV but not pock fun at it just for funs shakes but to homage it with why each era was so likable.

I had a feeling both Elizabeth and Paul would be great but WOW as you said how easy they are in their Flexiblity in their character acting and how fun they have with easy the hilarious moments was impressive, Paul alone was so likable and top of his game in how much fun he seem to be having in his comedy seens, His charm as an actor really grew on me, he deserses SO many more unique roles in other mediums after this just like Elizabeth does!
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by starduck View Post
    Just watched Wandavision and I loved it, though the credits were too long wow
    Quote Originally Posted by rhaenylis View Post
    I'm watching the second episode of WandaVision and I really like it
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegeta View Post
    I really like it, but then I still enjoy watching old "Bewitched" and "Dick Van Dyke Show" reruns. (And Paul Bettany definitely has Dick Van Dykes's mannerisms down pat!)
    Welcome to Wanda's Thread Starduck, Rhaenylis & Vegeta! Very Happy to hear you liked the Episodes and thanks for sharing your thoughts on the Show with Wanda's Thread!

Indeed Vegeta, This Show Homage Bewitched and Dick Van Dyke so well and the Actors did their parts so perfect that anyone that even for abit watched any of these classic shows Had to have a Smile on their Faces!
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

I feel like Elizabeth Olsen really gets to shine as Wanda now that she doesn't have to force the accent.

And as much as I love the character banter and slow development of Wanda's situation...those outfits .

Wink

Elizabeth Olsen & Wanda Maximoff are starting to Take The World by Storm!

Extraordinary Member

I really feel like saving up the episdoe for a binge, since I can enjoy stuff well enough even if I got spoilers.
    I just cannot engage in the wider fandom with increasingly overwhelming HoM/Mutants!/Wanda be crazy sentiment, just gonna wait until that discussion is set and done.

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    I really feel like saving up the episdoe for a binge, since I can enjoy stuff well enough even if I got spoilers.
    I just cannot engage in the wider fandom with increasingly overwhelming HoM/Mutants!/Wanda be crazy sentiment, just gonna wait until that discussion is set and done.
    Since I don't have D+, I'll wait until it's over and then get a free trial and binge the lor

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    Since I don't have D+, I'll wait until it's over and then get a free trial and binge the lor
    Well, I will probably immediately pick it up if something intersting shows up...

Wanda by Bruce Timm

From the BTS spot

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    That is ok if you want to Wait to watch and binge it later MaximoffTrash, you choose what works for you.

By while some parts of the dicuss will talk about the HoM vibes and the repeating of that, that is not the showruners intent as we found out a few days ago and we talked about which was a great feeling a relief and hopeful it is kept to their word.

From Gurkle, from Total Film:

Key to understanding the show’s bigger connection to the MCU is the character of Wanda herself. The series borrows from comic storylines including The Vision (2015), Witches’ Road (Scarlet Witch Vol 2 #3, 2016) and House of M (2005), but they’re redrawn to take her into a wholly unexpected new direction. “It was extremely important to me that we not do the lazy thing of having a superpowered lady who can’t handle her powers and goes crazy,” says [Jac] Schaeffer. “It was all about being as authentic as we could with her.”

Adds Shakman, “We’re telling the story of Wanda becoming the comicbook character that most of us have heard about. One of the things that makes her such an interesting character is that she’s suffered more than anyoneelse. She’s lost her parents, she’s lost her brother and she’s lost Vision. This story explores grief, and how we heal.”

From Cruelrain:

So, I realize I haven't siad anything about the show in this thread. I've been going on about it elsewhere, but anyways, I absolutely loved it.

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    That is ok if you want to Wait to watch and binge it later MaximoffTrash, you choose what works for you.

By while some parts of the dicuss will talk about the HoM vibes and the repeating of that, that is not the showruners intent as we found out a few days ago and we talked about which was a great feeling a relief and hopeful it is kept to their word.
    Another answer from Matt Shakman when asked about House of M:

"People have already asked whether the show is about the “House of M” story and we’ve seen potential references to S.W.O.R.D. — how do you weave those little Easter eggs into what we’re seeing, without making it so obvious that fans guess what the storyline is? How much of it could be a fake-out?

Marvel Studios has done a great job of creating their films and now their streaming shows building on what’s happened in the comics, but these are original stories. Just like each one of those comic book writers was building on what came before them, that’s what we’re doing here. We’re taking and osmosing all of what’s out there in the comic book world, and then building and forming a new story that’s made for today."

https://variety.com/2021/tv/features...eo-1234885434/

Incredible Member teapartyofthedead's Avatar

When I finally got to watch this show, it was midnight. But it was worth it.

I am still as confused by what is going on, but in a good way. I wasn’t expecting some elements to pop up this early, but makes sense in the context of time rapidly passing. The commercials were an interesting nod to her past origins. The humor felt like affectionate homage than a parody, which lends itself well to the earnest desire on both Wanda and Vision to fit in and live happily ever after. You want everything to work out for them, which makes the anticipated intervention from the outside world seem less expected, and more dreaded.

I imagine everything goes to hell next week. From the anticipation I’m seeing, I think I was right about WV being the new Mandalorian.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    So, I realize I haven't siad anything about the show in this thread. I've been going on about it elsewhere, but anyways, I absolutely loved it.

Another answer from Matt Shakman when asked about House of M:

"People have already asked whether the show is about the “House of M” story and we’ve seen potential references to S.W.O.R.D. — how do you weave those little Easter eggs into what we’re seeing, without making it so obvious that fans guess what the storyline is? How much of it could be a fake-out?

Marvel Studios has done a great job of creating their films and now their streaming shows building on what’s happened in the comics, but these are original stories. Just like each one of those comic book writers was building on what came before them, that’s what we’re doing here. We’re taking and osmosing all of what’s out there in the comic book world, and then building and forming a new story that’s made for today."

https://variety.com/2021/tv/features...eo-1234885434/
    Yeah no part of me believes this is HoM and that Wanda is still the hero of the story. People's expectations are gonna ruin the experience for them.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Yeah no part of me believes this is HoM and that Wanda is still the hero of the story. People's expectations are gonna ruin the experience for them.
    Yeah I don’t believe this will be HoM 2.0 live form either, yea are taking points from the story but they have said they are taking it from other Wanda stories as well to form her into as they said “The Scarlet Witch we know from the comics.

But I apologize, when you said;

that Wanda is still the hero of the story.
    Can you elaborate on that, what you mean, I apologize for not understanding, sorry for being lost.