Page 16 of 120 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819202666116 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pohzee View Post
    I'm obviously biased here, but I think Dick's color scheme compliments Jason's (black with red/blue logo) and they seeming fall on opposite sides of Batman's graces. That to me would be the most interesting contrast and dynamic for Jason to have IMO, even though I'm not too sure I really want to see it. Jason imo is treated more on equal standing to Dick than Tim anyway with his degree of respect and independence.
    That mentality is what led to editorial to try and turn Jason into Dick's Joker just before the reboot, so is not a dynamic I want to see ever again.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    That mentality is what led to editorial to try and turn Jason into Dick's Joker just before the reboot, so is not a dynamic I want to see ever again.
    I don't like it either.
    You can make the colour contrast work without such implications. You can also make a contrasting dynamic without playing the golden boy and the fallen angel too. Plenty of then, actually.
    And simplifying both characters personalities and morals and struggles to such archetypes is a disservice to both Jason's and Dick's actual character stories.

(this one is the edited part) Also. Red is a colour that is used or was used prominently as a theme by Tim and Kate too. (3rd edition: I mean, I don't think it could work for any of them. But hey, there you have a colour contrast between red robin and superboy, with red and blue, actually)
    Last edited by Zaresh; 01-20-2021 at 04:41 PM.

I think you can contrast them as equals and both be on the side of good. It doesn't necessarily have to play out that same way.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    I don't like it either.
    You can make the colour contrast work without such implications. You can also make a contrasting dynamic without playing the golden boy and the fallen angel too. Plenty of then, actually.
    And simplifying both characters personalities and morals and struggles to such archetypes is a disservice to both Jason's and Dick's actual character stories.
    I definitely agree with you there. I generally don't like Robin-Robin interactions for that reason. It just sounds like a slam dunk premise. Good looking, straightforward, very easy to understand.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Don't Bully a Hurt Dragon Sergard's Avatar

Speaking of blue and red: Jason would look cool in a dark blue jacket that compliments the red helmet. I hope the next costume will have a little more daring color scheme. The Rebirth costume had some weird mixture - but weird in a good and surprising way. I would never have believed how well red, brown and blue-grey can go together.

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Personally, I would love if they used the awesome jacket he was using in Lobdell's last issue

Personally, I would love if they used the awesome jacket he was using in Lobdell's last issue

At least we know that the black and red three-piece suit stays. Look at that panel up in the right: it's there too.
    I like the jacket. I would like it a darker shade of blue grey, but it's a cool jacket.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

white and red reminds me of the Arkham Knight hooded jacket but I like this one better

As long as he gets out of that god damned Mortal Kombat outfit I'm good. Seriously, who's bright idea was it to design an outfit that doesn't include his signature red helmet... cmon!

Amazing Member

I kind of like the new outfit, but the old one with the Red Hood is the best one, period.

With that said, i love Red Hood when he is the Punisher from DC. By killing when he wants, no mercy, no rules, violence and blood. No rubber bullets, sedative bullets or whatever bullshit. He got is new outfit at the same time he acted like Punisher once again in Lobdell’s run. Maybe that’s why i like the new one lol.

In Urban legends, i’m happy because Red Hood looks to be doing Red Hood things with violence and killing! No rules!

Quote Originally Posted by Hannibal View Post
    I kind of like the new outfit, but the old one with the Red Hood is the best one, period.

With that said, i love Red Hood when he is the Punisher from DC. By killing when he wants, no mercy, no rules, violence and blood. No rubber bullets, sedative bullets or whatever bullshit. He got is new outfit at the same time he acted like Punisher once again in Lobdell’s run. Maybe that’s why i like the new one lol.

In Urban legends, i’m happy because Red Hood looks to be doing Red Hood things with violence and killing! No rules!
    But he has shown mercy, several times. He just doesn't uses/gives/shows it to real, dangerous scumbags. But he has given second chances before.

He's not Frank. He's Kaine Parker.
    He can be violent, brutal, but he's focused and with a purpose. And he can relly on more than violence to achieve his goal.

(My English sucks. What's the right verb that goes with mercy? Whatever, I hope you get my point :_D)

Edit: I mean, balance is key. And Jason has his own charm that doesn't rely in just being a vigilante who kills. It's good if you like thar aspect, but I always fear when people mention Punisher and mention Jason. Same as Frank has stuff going on for him that has nothing to do with Jason's stuff.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 01-22-2021 at 11:05 AM.

Random question: would you be for/against a change (not knowing how long it'll last) in his weapons of choice?

Since he's an expert marksman, he's been seen handling different firearms, but the dual guns are his most iconic, mainstay weapons. I didn't love Arkham Knight (still a nice game) or what they did with Jason, but the guns combining to create a sniper rifle was really cool. Also, that part of the game has one of his best looks imo. The actual RH outfit (in the DLC) sucks.

On that account, what's your preferred melee weapon? Right now, he's got a katana and, uh, a crowbar. I kinda like the combat knife in UtRH myself.

I wonder about Gotham Knights. Iirc, they said every character (even namedropping RH) has their own melee weapon, so... He's seen punching and wrestling goons in the trailer, in any case.

Quote Originally Posted by CorDaytona View Post
    Random question: would you be for/against a change (not knowing how long it'll last) in his weapons of choice?

Since he's an expert marksman, he's been seen handling different firearms, but the dual guns are his most iconic, mainstay weapons. I didn't love Arkham Knight (still a nice game) or what they did with Jason, but the guns combining to create a sniper rifle was really cool. Also, that part of the game has one of his best looks imo. The actual RH outfit (in the DLC) sucks.

On that account, what's your preferred melee weapon? Right now, he's got a katana and, uh, a crowbar. I kinda like the combat knife in UtRH myself.

I wonder about Gotham Knights. Iirc, they said every character (even namedropping RH) has their own melee weapon, so... He's seen punching and wrestling goons in the trailer, in any case.
    Swords and knives for me. And the bazoka.
    Ah, the rifle in AK was really, really cool. I also love the actual AK suit, but, it's already taken in the main DCU so...

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    Swords and knives for me. And the bazoka.
    Ah, the rifle in AK was really, really cool. I also love the actual AK suit, but, it's already taken in the main DCU so...
    Red Hood with a bazooka always works. I see you.

And oh, I also love the AK outfit! It's indeed cool it made it into the main continuity. I was talking about the outfit he gets in the DLC, canonically set after the ending and when he becomes Red Hood. It never had a chance with me, I guess I'm that against constantly up hoodies and non-streamlined body shapes lol. He looks too chunky, I feel.

Quote Originally Posted by CorDaytona View Post
    Red Hood with a bazooka always works. I see you.

And oh, I also love the AK outfit! It's indeed cool it made it into the main continuity. I was talking about the outfit he gets in the DLC, canonically set after the ending and when he becomes Red Hood. It never had a chance with me, I guess I'm that against constantly up hoodies and non-streamlined body shapes lol. He looks too chunky, I feel.
    The one in the DLC has too much white for me, but besides that, it's a suit that makes sense for him in the game. He's not militia anymore, he's some young, urban vigilante that works by himself. The concept is fitting for his background, I guess.

Extraordinary Member

I would prefer the knife, I don't think there are many other characters that use one as primary weapon, and melee fight scenes are just cooler than using guns.