Page 22 of 113 FirstFirst ... 121819202122232425263272 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    The more I have sat with it. I think Wanda might be the bad guy. Someone else might seize on some damage she does in the end but I think the show ends with her as a tragic villian. I'm sure after next week my opinion will change again though.

Love the little things this show is doing. With people breaking character, changing the aspect ratio when they swtich to the modern world etc..

Dottie.... is that the lady from Buffy who played the vengeance demon? Her name is escaping me. Her and Spike(Not really) dies in the finale.
    I just don't see them making Wanda the villain in this. It seems that way now, but I think she's still going to come out a hero at the end of the day (especially when she's going to be in the next Dr. Strange movie). The show creators also didn't want to go in the direction of a powerful woman going crazy because of her emotional pain like the comics did.

People forget this is Wanda's show and the showrunners themselves have talked about keeping her a hero and having her take up the mantle of the Scarlet Witch.

This is likely just a trial that Wanda is going through.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I just don't see them making Wanda the villain in this. It seems that way now, but I think she's still going to come out a hero at the end of the day (especially when she's going to be in the next Dr. Strange movie). The show creators also didn't want to go in the direction of a powerful woman going crazy because of her emotional pain like the comics did.
    I agree that in the end, Wanda will not be the villain of the story. At least, I don't expect that and don't think that'd be great storytelling.

I have to keep reminding myself that we're at most 1/3 of the way into the story. Things should definitely twist and turn several more times.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    People forget this is Wanda's show and the showrunners themselves have talked about keeping her a hero and having her take up the mantle of the Scarlet Witch.

This is likely just a trial that Wanda is going through.
    Wait. Wait, wait, wait! You're telling me she doesn't even have the name yet?

Did they never call her that in the movies and I never noticed? Did they ever call Pietro "Quicksilver"?

Quote Originally Posted by AdamFTF View Post

Did they never call her that in the movies and I never noticed? Did they ever call Pietro "Quicksilver"?
    I mean, the MCU very rarely uses codenames except for specific instances.

Peter called Carol "Captain Marvel" off-hand in Far From Home but Carol has never once referred to herself that way on-screen.

I think Clint's only been called Hawkeye a total of once. I can't remember how many times Natasha's actually been explicitly referred to as "Black Widow."

I feel like they take it for granted that people know what these characters' Superhero/Supervillain names are.

BANNED

When your identity isn't a secret, there's not much point in a secret identity name.

Iron Man was named by the media, Captain America was named by the government, Thor has no other identity. Starlord was named by Quill's hubris....

Spectacular Member

The majority of the characters don't go by their codenames, pick any of the movies or shows and they are rarely called by their comic codenames unless it is in the press, military/spy organization codename, or tongue-in-cheek nickname. TvTropes even has a page listing every character and if they used their comic codename.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Rewatching the episode again I noticed that Wanda blinked when the rewind happened. Good to know she still needs to gesture for her powers to work.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Rewatching the episode again I noticed that Wanda blinked when the rewind happened. Good to know she still needs to gesture for her powers to work.
    I noticed that, but I'm pretty sure it's not the source of the rewind. Blinking was a Jeannie thing, not a Bewitched thing

Quote Originally Posted by green_garnish View Post
    I noticed that, but I'm pretty sure it's not the source of the rewind. Blinking was a Jeannie thing, not a Bewitched thing
    It's not strictly one show they're parodying.

I don't think she gonna remain a villian. I just mean maybe no one else is behind it. Maybe she's the cause and whomever her and Strange team up to stop just seizes on the opportunity by the chaos she causes. By tragic villiian I mean just for this story not going forward.

Extraordinary Member

The biggest question I’ve got is why it’s a giant sitcom parody - because it either means someone else started it up before allowing Wanda’s subconscious to take over... or Wanda’s a huge fan of old-timey sitcoms, which is hilarious!
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Astonishing Member

I mean, the MCU very rarely uses codenames except for specific instances.

Peter called Carol "Captain Marvel" off-hand in Far From Home but Carol has never once referred to herself that way on-screen.

I think Clint's only been called Hawkeye a total of once. I can't remember how many times Natasha's actually been explicitly referred to as "Black Widow."

I feel like they take it for granted that people know what these characters' Superhero/Supervillain names are.
    Well, I guess I never noticed because they put the noms du guerre on the action figure packaging.

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    I don't think she gonna remain a villian. I just mean maybe no one else is behind it. Maybe she's the cause and whomever her and Strange team up to stop just seizes on the opportunity by the chaos she causes. By tragic villiian I mean just for this story not going forward.
    I think if she was completely responsible for it, Pietro would've been brought back too. I think there was something specific to Vision being resurrected and this rush to her having kids, and I don't think Wanda is solely in control.
    Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
    The biggest question I’ve got is why it’s a giant sitcom parody - because it either means someone else started it up before allowing Wanda’s subconscious to take over... or Wanda’s a huge fan of old-timey sitcoms, which is hilarious!
    I've seen a lot of speculation that the Maximoffs probably learned English from watching sitcoms and that's what Wanda's ideal of the American dream is. Even her name for her child was the "ideal" name for an American boy.
    Well, I guess I never noticed because they put the noms du guerre on the action figure packaging.
    I mean, more kids probably want to play with "Iron Man" than "Tony Stark" .

BANNED

I'll bet a chocolate shake that we never learn how they learned English. Everyone in the world learns English, but Americans never learn anything else.