Page 28 of 37 FirstFirst ... 18242526272829303132 ... LastLast
    Archmanifestation of YOLO Noldere's Avatar

Wait, were the two of them (Flors and George) married? Because if so, that means I technically made a widow out of George.

Neat.
    Last edited by Noldere; 01-22-2021 at 09:04 AM.
    This signature intentionally left blank.

It's kinda funny, but I had a post I was working on based on the fact the Driftwood was apparently actually currently a legit place in Texas (it's the home of a rather famous barbecue joint, The Salt Lick) and I went on this weird-as-heck tangent that ended up with the possibility for some hardcore private military/security contractors to show up, but then I figured no one wanted to read or deal with that, so I deleted it.

Quote Originally Posted by Noldere View Post
    It's kinda funny, but I had a post I was working on based on the fact the Driftwood was apparently actually currently a legit place in Texas (it's the home of a rather famous barbecue joint, The Salt Lick) and I went on this weird-as-heck tangent that ended up with the possibility for some hardcore private military/security contractors to show up, but then I figured no one wanted to read or deal with that, so I deleted it.
    I should probably clarify that aside from the major cities, I'm keeping a majority of towns as purely fictional in nature... mostly because I would feel crappy not representing every single one of them as genuinely as I could.

Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    I should probably clarify that aside from the major cities, I'm keeping a majority of towns as purely fictional in nature... mostly because I would feel crappy not representing every single one of them as genuinely as I could.
    A couple of dozen years here and some alternate/divergent history there, and most places in the game's present could be as unrecognizable to people who've been/lived there in our real world present as the places that have been hit with virii-laden meteor fragments.

The barbecue joint, though? That would have remained unchanged (save for perhaps the owners), like all good food joints.

if anyone wants to know the major cities in TN are

1. Nashville

2. Memphis

3. Knoxville

4. Chattanooga

5. Clarksville

6. Murfreesboro

7. Fraklin

8. Jackson

9. Johnson City.

Nashville, Memphis and Knoxville are the three big cities of Tennessee. I live in Morristown which is only 25th largest city in Tennessee. However Morristown TN also happens to be the film location were Evil Dead was film.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    if anyone wants to know the major cities in TN are

1. Nashville

2. Memphis

3. Knoxville

4. Chattanooga

5. Clarksville

6. Murfreesboro

7. Fraklin

8. Jackson

9. Johnson City.

Nashville, Memphis and Knoxville are the three big cities of Tennessee. I live in Morristown which is only 25th largest city in Tennessee. However Morristown TN also happens to be the film location were Evil Dead was film.
    I'm from Murfreesboro

I been to Dollywood in Pigeon Forge. It's amazing amusement park, I had a lot of fun when I went there. Places like Bristol TN have historical significance. Bristol TN is the birth place of country music, and the home of Nascar's most iconic racing track, The Bristol Motor Speed Way.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Retired Overlord

One of these days I really need to figure out what Gula is referring to by "bad memory"

Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    One of these days I really need to figure out what Gula is referring to by "bad memory"
    Probably someone said something that others forgot what was said or didn't notice it.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

This is not the day for the internet to be on the constant hiccups.

Anyway:

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Probably someone said something that others forgot what was said or didn't notice it.
    Sorry. It's not a good reason, but IRL hair-trigger temper is bleeding through to things that are completely unrelated.

For clarification on what she's referring to, though:

".....excuse me..." Lucy quietly announced. "...you said you were looking for joestars for the will reading? Is that correct?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    Toby tipped his hat in greeting "Yes ma'am. You another one of his runts?"
    "If I said yes..." Lucy ignored the runt comment, instead answering his question with one of her own. "...do you require something to prove it? All I have is my guitar and a letter." The girl motioned to the case on her shoulder. "....and I'd rather not take it out unless I need to. I've been traveling for awhile..."
    So, we have this exchange that starts one supposed bathroom break after Gula's last disaster of an attempt at conversing in which Lucy presumably claims to be a Joestar. When Gula picks up on the exchange and responds with:

"You're a Joestar, too?" Gula asked, resisting the urge (for now) to resume the line of questioning from earlier. "Wow, that's crazy! I mean, I've heard some rather salacious stories from my aunt, but I didn't pay them any mind even when investigators looking into them all but confirmed they were true. But being in the same room with eleven of your half-siblings and their collective stepmother... well, that's an experience no amount of report readings can really prepare you for."
    Lucy in turn comes back with:

"..I never said I was...." Lucy frowned. "That was your assumption........I mean I am, but pleas be careful. You wouldn't wish to mistake any common thug as your family."
    Which has Gula thinking that Lucy forgot what she literally just said seconds ago (the exchange between her and Toby), as that's the only way that her reply made any sense (the possibility that an individual with sufficient integrity to refuse freely offered food despite being obviously hungry because accepting charity when you can earn your way is bad would in turn lie about being a Joestar in order to partake of a portion of a dead man's estate never really entered Gula's head, for some reason). That led to this:

"Are you sure you don't want anything else to eat while we're still here?" Gula asked after a couple of moments of something at least resembling comtemplation. "The cook's probably out for the rest of the day, but the other stuff's not bad either. At the very least, putting something else in your stomach may very well help solve the trouble you're having remembering your own words."
    Which went unanswered. As that happens a lot in a lot of different games here (and the GM had done a mini-timeskip) I went ahead and- instead of trying to bring a post probably not worth exploring to your attention- assumed both question and insult were dodged in the same (or similar) manner as the Girl Scout inquiry, which was internalized in Gula's headspace as "this person has really bad memory that's probably being exacerbated due to being really hungry".

Retired Overlord

This is not the day for the internet to be on the constant hiccups.

Anyway:

Sorry. It's not a good reason, but IRL hair-trigger temper is bleeding through to things that are completely unrelated.

For clarification on what she's referring to, though:

So, we have this exchange that starts one supposed bathroom break after Gula's last disaster of an attempt at conversing in which Lucy presumably claims to be a Joestar. When Gula picks up on the exchange and responds with:

Lucy in turn comes back with:

Which has Gula thinking that Lucy forgot what she literally just said seconds ago (the exchange between her and Toby), as that's the only way that her reply made any sense (the possibility that an individual with sufficient integrity to refuse freely offered food despite being obviously hungry because accepting charity when you can earn your way is bad would in turn lie about being a Joestar in order to partake of a portion of a dead man's estate never really entered Gula's head, for some reason). That led to this:

Which went unanswered. As that happens a lot in a lot of different games here (and the GM had done a mini-timeskip) I went ahead and- instead of trying to bring a post probably not worth exploring to your attention- assumed both question and insult were dodged in the same (or similar) manner as the Girl Scout inquiry, which was internalized in Gula's headspace as "this person has really bad memory that's probably being exacerbated due to being really hungry".

Ahhh, I see.

Hilariously, the original point of that exchange was Lucy tested the host in regards to just how much scrutiny they were affording anyone who volunteered as a Joestar. This was right after she heard George and Flor talking in the bathroom.

She never out plainly says "I am a Joestar"....rather dances around it with "Are you looking Joestars?" "Do you guys require some sorta proof? I might have it."

The goal, in her mind, was to see if they had any specific way of telling a joestar from any regular country hick that showed up....and how strict they were with the process considering two men had seemingly slipped in themselves. So when Gula proclaimed her a Joestar she was offering her honest advise on his assumption. "but please be careful. You wouldn't wish to mistake any common thug as your family"

And wouldn't you know it.....30 minutes(Estimate, I can't remember how long lol) later they were on a death bus with three people who the family had mistaken for allies.....and nobody even bothered to check Lucys Letter after!

Major updates planned for tomorrow.

The group will most likely be splitting up into "hospital" and "exploration" teams (not actual teams, but whatever) and both might just find that Driftwood has its own share of oddities to discover.

Or the group can decide, "screw this" and force Boris to walk several hours on a busted leg to the estate just to spite me.

Ahhh, I see.

Hilariously, the original point of that exchange was Lucy tested the host in regards to just how much scrutiny they were affording anyone who volunteered as a Joestar. This was right after she heard George and Flor talking in the bathroom.

She never out plainly says "I am a Joestar"....rather dances around it with "Are you looking Joestars?" "Do you guys require some sorta proof? I might have it."

The goal, in her mind, was to see if they had any specific way of telling a joestar from any regular country hick that showed up....and how strict they were with the process considering two men had seemingly slipped in themselves. So when Gula proclaimed her a Joestar she was offering her honest advise on his assumption. "but please be careful. You wouldn't wish to mistake any common thug as your family"

And wouldn't you know it.....30 minutes(Estimate, I can't remember how long lol) later they were on a death bus with three people who the family had mistaken for allies.....and nobody even bothered to check Lucys Letter after!
    Supposedly, Flors and George had letters (whether they're actually Joestars or not still hasn't actually been determined), and literally no one's bothered to check for the star on the neck birthmarks (mentioned earlier as one of the ways to check - whether that's actually a true method to check hasn't been absolutely confirmed yet, either).

As for the driver that was mistaken to be an ally, there's quite a bit there that hasn't been unpacked yet.

spoilers:
    Like, how did whoever decided to pick Joestars up even know to stop at the Junction Stop? I'm reasonably certain (unless I just missed it) that none of the PCs called for a pick up. Debra's also giving really suspicious vibes, what with the inconsistencies between what she's said and done thus far.
    end of spoilers

I mean ignoring the rest of it... wasn't Fleetwood Mac able to track everyone down to the Truck Stop?
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    I mean ignoring the rest of it... wasn't Fleetwood Mac able to track everyone down to the Truck Stop?
    If I was going to give a possible, plausible explanation for that, it seemed like he may have had a list of names of possible Jostar progeny. He did have pictures of people with the birthmarks and stories of mysterious accidents befalling many of them. If he did have a list, all he would need to do is either follow one and hope that person led him to the others, or he may have known about the will reading and was on his way there when he happened to recognize someone from his list at the truck/bus stop.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.