Page 12 of 94 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Well they can't because the line starts to the left of folks including gators and those who have TOUCH a Marvel book in 30 years are going to throw fits about it. Along with certain store owners.

I mean Scarlet Witch and Vison had books but everyone was too busy throwing fits about POC lead books especially Ms marvel.
    They can put 2 to 4 big name characters on a team book and fill out the team with some of the less popular. A good writer can make it work and a great writer can make them shine.

Mighty Member

We have a trailer.

Fantastic Member

this is beyond lame and just sounds awful hopefully its just an arc in the main avengers book with maybe a few scattered one shots. Becasue based on infinty warps which were very well written by ewing and had some nice art to say they sold bad would be generous. Teh annuals did not sell at all and were some of the poorest selling books of the year. hopefully marvel has a better plan for these which i doubt

I said I didn't want more of Aaron's Avengers but I guess they must have misunderstood me.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    I said I didn't want more of Aaron's Avengers but I guess they must have misunderstood me.
    LOL as if they will ever listen to you, me or anyone else

Looks like this is an event and I gotta admit, I find it hilarious Aaron's big Avengers Event is just Mephisto doing Flashpoint
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Nightwing, Red Hood: Outlaw, Detective Comics, Superman, Action Comics, Young Justice, Legion of Superheroes, John Constantine: Hellblazer, Batman Beyond, Dark Nights: Death Metal
    MARVEL: Fantastic Four, Daredevil, The Immortal Hulk, Venom, Web of Venom, Dawn of X
    BOOM STUDIOS: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Willow, Angel and Spike
    DARK HORSE: Bill and Ted are doomed.
    IMAGE: The Walking Dead: Deluxe

Quote Originally Posted by U.N. Owen View Post
    We have a trailer.

Honestly, I don't know if it's the overhyping that bugs me or what. I mean, in the 80's, or even the 90's, this would have been just a "cool" arc for the Avengers mag, that would probably have some effects in other books (or not), and very little lasting consequences, and some might even remember it fondly as a favorite storyline. Nowadays however, this insane need to sell everything as an Earth-shattering event that will cjange all you know about your favorite character, while going nowhere, for you can't really shake things up much, is killing the industry. Instead of just putting out good stories and shutting up about it, they always fail to live up to the hype, and this is, IMHO, killing the industry.

Peace

Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Nightwing, Red Hood: Outlaw, Detective Comics, Superman, Action Comics, Young Justice, Legion of Superheroes, John Constantine: Hellblazer, Batman Beyond, Dark Nights: Death Metal
    MARVEL: Fantastic Four, Daredevil, The Immortal Hulk, Venom, Web of Venom, Dawn of X
    BOOM STUDIOS: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Willow, Angel and Spike
    DARK HORSE: Bill and Ted are doomed.
    IMAGE: The Walking Dead: Deluxe

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Wanda with quicksilver superspeed hhahaa

i'm interested in this event, at least seems fun

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

It's good for fans of the Squadron Supreme/ Justice League, I guess. They've been increasingly used in more and more story arcs lately. Wonder if they're ramping up for a live action MCU appearance?

Extraordinary Member

SSoA seems a little lopsided to me with just 5 members? Couldn't they have just added Amphibian??

Fantastic Member

It'll be a fun bit of Aaron character assassination with no lingering effects. McGuinness on art will also be fun. I might grab this.

no we already have the Boys and Marvel wouldn't up end Avengers for this team. They've got Eternals coming out, Blade coming out and several follow up movies.

I'd be shocked if they did a Squadron Supreme movie before phase 5
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    SSoA seems a little lopsided to me with just 5 members? Couldn't they have just added Amphibian??
    They're also lacking counterparts for Hawkgirl, Green Arrow, and Black Canary.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman