Page 311 of 371 FirstFirst ... 211261301307308309310311312313314315321361 ... LastLast
Results 4,651 to 4,665 of 5560
    Astonishing Member

Research.

Not even in death, was the Nevadian free from such torment. After his harrowing ordeal, cleaning a portion of the grand palace, he was allowed the luxury of maintaining the same number of orifices he had previously.

...Even if there were quite a few close calls, as the minute tears in his pants could attest to, before being repaired via transmutation.

"Ohoh!" Whis said with an amused smile, "It seems you can even transmute! And even better, your purity techniques are more advanced than I thought! It's quite impressive that your people managed to grasp a sliver of divine technique on your own."

He nodded to Vados, who smiled in agreement.

"Tis True. But....It's a bit rudimentary." The pair looked at each other, and then the Nevadian. "We can make this better."

The Nevadian had opened his mouth to inquire as to the finer details---

"We graciously accept your aid." Crazy Horn interjected, "I myself can attest to how lackluster his arts are compared to my own."

"Hey!" Held shouted, clearly offended, "My rune slinging is top notch!"

"Your rune casting is barely fit to house the stables of the Grand Palace." Crazy Horn retorted, "You were considered above average, in a certain place, and a certain time. Your ancestors were far more proficient."

The Nevadian rolled his eyes in annoyance. "Thanks for the vote of confidence. Tell me how you truly feel."

"Not that you are entirely to blame." The Lord of the Sunlit Plane continued. "During the transformation of Nevada, it seems that much was lost. Even the splendor of my own kind seems diminished from what it was."

However, if he had set a fraction of the time training and researching that he does drinking, he no doubt would have touched the root of divine power on his own.

"Now now, let's not be so negative!" the male angel stated, barely audible between large bites of a pasty, "It's never too late to improve! What's more this should be an easy enough fix! A little creation theory, some fundamentals of destruction negation, and an explanation of the fundamental balance of preservation, and your...."

He paused, looking at Vados.

"What did he call it, sister?"

"...Rune...Slinging?" She replied, tilting her head slightly.

"Yes! That thing will doubtless improve by leaps and bounds!"

Despite Crazy Horn's rather....brusque method of support, the angelic pair did a marvelously job of helping to maintain the Nevadians spirits.

"So...You'll teach me all that?"

The pair looked at one another, before shaking their heads in unison.

"Oh, no. It's something that is best understood on ones own! But, we'll be certain to test you, to make sure you're progressing nicely!" Vados replied with a smile that made the Nevadian feel....

Uneasy.

"Oh.....Okay then. I guess I might as well get started."

If Held knew then what the two had planned, he would have ran screaming from the palace.

It had taken hours for Held to sort through the books housed in the grand library, according to the recommendations of Whis and Vados. So large, so immense were the volumes, so dense were the pages, his arms strained to carry the books out to a simple room of study. Piles of books taller and wider than Frospierre surrounded him.

His arms felt like noodles, and his soul felt a dread unlike any he had felt in quite some time. He glanced behind his chair to the exit.

Like an eternal warden, Crazy Horn loomed.

"Learn." He said simply, electrical energy crackling from his majestic being for emphasis.

"Yes. I know. I get it. Jeez. Can I atleast get a drin---"

"LEARN."

"Jeez, a man can't even enjoy his vacation....."

With a grunt, the Nevadian flipped open the cover of a gargantuan tome.

He studied it's contents for a moment.

He frowned, before nodding his head in understanding.

He looked at the page blankly, his eyes instantly beginning to gloss over.

"I have absolutely no idea what any of this is."

"Then I will encourage you to learn!"

"Threats aren't the answer, Crazy Horn!" Held yelled in exasperation.

"Yes." Crazy Horn snorted in agreement, "The Promise of Violence is what will solve our problem. The threat is merely a means of conveying the promise of violence in a more diplomatic manner. I thought you would approve of my attempts to speak to you using the methods of your people."

Held rubbed his temples, already throbbing from the slightest glance at the his work.

"You can't learn this stuff by----"

"Sunlit Lords Piercing Horn!"

As if to challenge Held's theory, the majestic symbol of Unicorn Might began to glow a blinding white, so luminous that Held could barely look upon it's majesty. A majesty only rivaled by it's capacity for violence.

" ****! Okay!"

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Default Ilargi Training I

Avoca

Just as Sarada said, their training on Ilargi began a week after Parsley brought both her up to speed about what the hell was going on in the universe. Avoca still wasn't exactly sure who was doing what and where. There were too many moving parts and too many players on the board for her to bother trying to keep track. Gods, Angels, Ulthan, Genesis, different universes, ghosts returning from Hell; it was too much. She decided to just punch whoever Parsley said needed to be punched. It was far easier to just do it that way, as opposed to trying to figure out who was doing what and where and why.

The training started, and Avoca was ready. She had already come to terms with the fact that she was far behind the both of them. They had already ascended to the next level and she had barely had the time to train the first level. A part of her couldn't help but think that she was going to be slowing them down. They were trying to master Super Saiyan 2 so they could ascend to the third level - it was still shocking that there was even a second level, much less a third. They didn't have time to train her up to their level, especially when they only had a year to get as strong as they could before whatever went down with whoever the **** Asha'rah was.

Whatever. I'm here now. I'm going to make the most of whatever time they can give me. They had an entire year to train. Every four months, they were to spend an entire year on Ilargi in Vaikuntha. Only a day would have passed on the outside. In addition, the natural properties of the realm they were in would constantly heal their wounds and keep their stamina at peak levels. All in all, it was the absolute perfect place for Saiyans to train. They could go all out without worrying about hurting each other or getting tired too quickly.

Avoca had plenty of techniques she wanted to try out, and Parsley and Sarada were the perfect test dummies.

"Alright, who's first?" she asked as she powered up.

Sarada stepped up and powered up as well. "That'd be me!" Her power dwarfed hers by a good margin, but Avoca was ready.

Time to crack out one of these new techs of mine. She thrust her hand out and sent what looked and felt like a pressure wave. It struck an unaware Sarada square in the chest, kindling a confident smirk from Avoca. "Let's go!" She rocketed toward her. They met at the midway point and clashed in hand to hand. Sarada was faster and stronger. Her blows felt like she was being hit with a literal moon with each punch. What was worse, Avoca couldn't lay a finger on her without sheer, dumb luck.

It was about right then that she realized a flaw in her techniques. The one she just used conflicted with Ki Throttling; and the reason why revealed itself quickly.

Sarada fell back and held her hand out. It would have been at that moment that an energy blast would form in her hand and been fired at Avoca. Instead, nothing. Nothing but a short spark of ki that quickly fizzled out. "What the hell?" A second later, Sarada's golden glow fizzled out much the same way. "What the ****?!"

Avoca smirked. "That's my new tech, Internal Struggles," she explained. "Mucks up your inner ki to keep you from using any of your techs." It also stopped her from using her passive abilities, but she decided to keep that to herself. The reason it conflicted with Ki Throttling was because it prevented ki techs from activating, which Ki Throttling needed to heavily drain someone's stamina. I guess that's what training is all about. Figure this **** out now instead of when I actually need it to survive.

She powered back down and battled Sarada again. They zipped across the skies of Ilargi, creating shockwaves when they clashed.

When they disengaged after a time and returned to the ground, she didn't even feel winded. "This place is great!"

"Right? We can train nonstop and not suffer and adverse effects. Still, let's stick to the schedule. Those rest days are good for more than recuperation."

Avoca nodded.

"My turn." Parsley landed between them. "I'm curious about this new technique of yours. Does it function the same with magical energies?"

Of course Parsley knew how her technique worked just from watching. "Probably not. I've never faced someone with magic since I came up with it."

"That changes now."

For the rest of that day, and much of the year, Avoca trained nearly exclusively with Parsley. Sarada and she sparred, but her wife wanted to her grow accustomed to facing sorcerers just as much as she was fighting ki-based fighters. Those who used magic were far more dangerous, so it was probably a good thing.

It was also annoying as ****. It took her six months to figure out how to tamper with her magical energy. Watching her cut herself open to power her spells was both weird and cringe-inducing. Thankfully she put a stop to that eventually and things could proceed at a non-stomach-turning pace.

In those months and the months that followed, she felt her strength improve by leaps and bounds. She still wasn't exactly where Sarada and Parsley were, but she could feel that she was better able to keep up with them. By the time all their training was over and done with, maybe they would all be on the same level. Maybe not, but she would close enough to not feel like she was in the way.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by Monstrous Bird of Qin, Ou Ki View Post
    Getting to his feet unsteadily, he looked up at Vocado, grinning. "...so I've been wondering... when did you ascend past Super Saiyan? Was it some super-strong villain that the first level just couldn't handle, forcing you to go beyond your limits?" If he did it when he was still alive, then it was a hell of a well-kept secret, since the legends mentioned... absolutely nothing about surpassing Super Saiyan. Then again, Super Saiyan and Super Saiyan 2 looked pretty similar at first glance, and very few foes out there could challenge even a basic Super Saiyan, so... probably pretty easy to keep it on the down-low.
    "Long after I died," Vocado answered while rubbing his jaw briefly. "While I trained steadily, I was completely unaware that there was anything beyond Super Saiyan. I discovered this form completely by accident." Even then, it took a short while to realize that it was even a different form to begin with. The similarities were minimal, to the point that he assumed he had just gotten stronger.

Vocado floated down and touched down softly. "I think I've gotten enough of your measure for now. I would wager we only have limited time since you will both be resurrected at any moment. As such, I'd rather spend much of our time getting our young friend strong enough to transform."

At that, Rutaba sprinted up to them. "Yes! I'm super ready to go!"

A small smile played on his lips. "Excellent. Totoma, spend some time sparring with Rutaba? The sooner she transforms, the sooner I'll be able to help you progress to the third level." He doubted they would all get it done by the time their friends resurrected them with the dragonballs. But, the least he could do was get Totoma on the path so he could do the rest himself.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    The twitch of his brow and the long vein running from his temple pierced through Ochazuke's silent appraisal. Though Battersea was defeated, his mockery yet persisted. Whatever cryptic thing persisted beyond the grave to allow this possession to happen, Simon seemed less than forthcoming about. To hear the man who was never content, even as his cup overflowed with forced tithes and bloody prizes, speak of empty vessels was baffling.

But to see Totoma, still garbed in parts of his heroic vestments sputter and choke on this cigar was among the most incongruous and pathetic things he'd seen in a while.

Summarily, Ochazuke reached upward and grabbed the ghost of Simon Battersea by his phantom throat and ripped it out of his Half-Saiyan possession.

"...the order between the living and the dead has been upended, and you could only think to come back to a world that hates you. Did you seriously think this would escape the attentions of those you transgressed upon?"

Nor did he consider the full extent of what this Soul Power implied. For this shortsightedness, if Ochazuke could find it in him kill a dead man a second time, he'd do it. Yet it seemed he was on his way back to hell in mere moments. For now, he'd take the Soul Splicer away from Totoma.

"Your time is over, Battersea. Scurry back to your new master, 'King', and pray that we never meet again."
    Ochazuke, you get the subtle hint as Totoma’s body is left alone and Battersea departs once more, that the Lion Maatee gave you the middle finger as he passes on.

You have acquired the Soul Splicer and freed Totoma’s body.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Tasure rose, giving a sidelong glance to Zaofan. "Tch. He called my boys losers. I can stand being mocked or made a fool of, but that is something I won't tolerate. Hope he burns." She had, perhaps, gone a bit overboard... although given how much damage her boy could soak and the risks of letting a self-serving jackass roam around the planet with that much power, she didn't really have much of a choice, now did she? She saw her chance and took it.

Although, something was happening to him, beyond just the injuries she'd inflicted, and whatever Ochazuke had done. It seemed like he was turning to stone...? What in the hell?
    "Well I can't say I disagree, certainly," he nodded, "but after we just went through on Darkle--AHHHH!!!"

When he found Totoma's body in the burning forest, it had been a fluke the last time, and though the theory of the Phoenix School technique had been put into practice, it was a process that took a long, long time. But turning a stone back into something living, that was beyond his training entirely.

"We can't bring him back if he's a rock!"

"My, that was... a rather brutal finish. Normally, you're much more composed," said Nevanlinna, stepping out of Vaikuntha. Saiyans were known for their intense, sometimes debilitating pride, but this one... seemed to take more pride in her 'boys', as she put it, than herself. How... curious.

"Tch. What the hell's happening to him?"

"Ah, yes... the petrification, among other things. Those are my doing. Give me but a second and--" She laid her hands on Totoma's body and drew out the spells, along with the hozon she'd used to fortify them. Immediately, his breathing improved, and the petrifaction began reversing course. "--there."

Tasure didn't know very much about magic, other than how difficult it could be to fight. Especially the ones that could skip the incantations and hand motions most mages had to do to cast their bullshit. Thankfully, most of the powerful mages she knew were allies or at least not enemies. "...good. Thank you."

She sighed and sat down on a nearby piece of debris. "...any of you wouldn't happen to have a way to prevent my boy from becoming a meatsuit again, hm?"
    Leaning over with a hoarse gasp of relief as Nevanlinna undid the worst of her spells, Zaofan took a moment to compose himself before shaking his head.

"...I have a hunch. See, his body is alright, but he came back wrong. Twice. That means either I've committed some grievous, cosmic crime that the universe has decided to punish us all for...or Totoma's...busy with something."

Flubbing his lips with an exasperated sigh, he straightened up. "While he's doing whatever it is, probably something heroic, no doubt, someone else saw fit to cut the line."

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    Ochazuke, you get the subtle hint as Totoma’s body is left alone and Battersea departs once more, that the Lion Maatee gave you the middle finger as he passes on.

You have acquired the Soul Splicer and freed Totoma’s body.
    Whatever last curse the ghost impart as he left, ten thousand worse things await him when he returned. Yet the fact that he had escaped his punishment for this length at all spoke to some deeper affect. Ochazuke held the Soul Splicer and inspected it, mulling over Battersea's last taunting words in his mind.

"Soul Magic. It seems the wicked have been allowed to persist in their craft despite everything."

How ironic that the Just Saiyan had gone to a place where justice had been rather conspicuously absent.

"The living universe has enough to contend with, now the dead have been escaping as well."

It would be the last resort to contend with this issue, but against the impossible, all there was left...was a wish.

"We'll have to make preparations to find the Dragonballs."

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    "Long after I died," Vocado answered while rubbing his jaw briefly. "While I trained steadily, I was completely unaware that there was anything beyond Super Saiyan. I discovered this form completely by accident." Even then, it took a short while to realize that it was even a different form to begin with. The similarities were minimal, to the point that he assumed he had just gotten stronger.

Vocado floated down and touched down softly. "I think I've gotten enough of your measure for now. I would wager we only have limited time since you will both be resurrected at any moment. As such, I'd rather spend much of our time getting our young friend strong enough to transform."

At that, Rutaba sprinted up to them. "Yes! I'm super ready to go!"

A small smile played on his lips. "Excellent. Totoma, spend some time sparring with Rutaba? The sooner she transforms, the sooner I'll be able to help you progress to the third level." He doubted they would all get it done by the time their friends resurrected them with the dragonballs. But, the least he could do was get Totoma on the path so he could do the rest himself.
    Huh, so he'd only managed to achieve the first level in life... so in a way, he and Parsley had surpassed the legendary Super Saiyan himself! Neat.

Vocado had gained a measure of him from that little scrap, so now... it was time to train Rutaba. And that fell to him... or the first part did. Totoma somewhat expected this too was a test. He fancied himself a hero, yes, but... ultimately, heroes couldn't do everything themselves, no matter how powerful. Not without making some serious sacrifices, anyway.

His alternate, the emperor, briefly wandered into his thoughts, but the thought passed quickly.

Totoma stood up. He had absolutely no issue with training Rutaba. None at all. He was closer to her in power, after all, and, really, he could probably figure out Super Saiyan 3 on his own, now that he knew about it. "Yeah, good idea. Alright, you heard the man... let's go!"

His hair faded to black as he faced Rutaba and fell into a fighting stance. Really, he'd like to go full boar (heh) against her, out of respect, but she'd grow better from an actual fight, rather than being slapped around by a Super Saiyan. Probably wouldn't take too long to get her to ascend, since she wasn't too far from the level of power... pretty much every other super saiyan he knew of... had been at when they'd first transformed. Two, maybe three weeks, tops.

..it had actually been a long time since he'd fought her. Not since that spar with her and Vocado, actually. His main reason for visiting back then had been to talk to Mato and teach him the Hitozaru, but the spar had been a nice bonus!

"Well I can't say I disagree, certainly," he nodded, "but after we just went through on Darkle--AHHHH!!!"

When he found Totoma's body in the burning forest, it had been a fluke the last time, and though the theory of the Phoenix School technique had been put into practice, it was a process that took a long, long time. But turning a stone back into something living, that was beyond his training entirely.

Leaning over with a hoarse gasp of relief as Nevanlinna undid the worst of her spells, Zaofan took a moment to compose himself before shaking his head.

"...I have a hunch. See, his body is alright, but he came back wrong. Twice. That means either I've committed some grievous, cosmic crime that the universe has decided to punish us all for...or Totoma's...busy with something."

Flubbing his lips with an exasperated sigh, he straightened up. "While he's doing whatever it is, probably something heroic, no doubt, someone else saw fit to cut the line."

Whatever last curse the ghost impart as he left, ten thousand worse things await him when he returned. Yet the fact that he had escaped his punishment for this length at all spoke to some deeper affect. Ochazuke held the Soul Splicer and inspected it, mulling over Battersea's last taunting words in his mind.

"Soul Magic. It seems the wicked have been allowed to persist in their craft despite everything."

How ironic that the Just Saiyan had gone to a place where justice had been rather conspicuously absent.

"The living universe has enough to contend with, now the dead have been escaping as well."

It would be the last resort to contend with this issue, but against the impossible, all there was left...was a wish.

...tch. So the Earthlings were in the dark about what her boy was doing. She herself had only learned about his circumstances just a scant few hours ago.

"He's training with Vocado," she stated. After a moment, she realized that Zaofan probably didn't have the context to realize the weight of that statement, so she continued: "...Vocado is... a legendary figure in Saiyan history. Over two millenia ago, our species suffered under the oppressive yoke of an arcosian called Glacier. In time, Vocado rose up, becoming the first Super Saiyan in history--or the first known--and overthrew Glacier. No Saiyan alive would pass up a chance to train with him."

Or halfbreed, apparently. She would have figured that her boy would have taken his family into account, but... perhaps he had? He knew he'd be resurrected eventually, one way or another, and with matters continuously escalating, he knew he had to be as powerful as possible to keep them safe.

She was so proud that her boy was finally taking the long view.

...probably.

"Though I wouldn't be surprised if he got involved in some trouble beyond that in the afterlife," she said. "Wouldn't be surprised if that... whatever made battersea hesitate was his doing."

Meanwhile, Neva, after watching Battersea's spirit depart, sighed and picked up Totoma's body, placing it back inside Vaikuntha and healing the wounds his mother, in her rage, had inflicted upon it. A little glowing goodness and those cracked ribs popped right back into place and mended themselves. "Such a bother...."
    The poster formerly known as Daiyoukai Ramza.

...tch. So the Earthlings were in the dark about what her boy was doing. She herself had only learned about his circumstances just a scant few hours ago.

"He's training with Vocado," she stated. After a moment, she realized that Zaofan probably didn't have the context to realize the weight of that statement, so she continued: "...Vocado is... a legendary figure in Saiyan history. Over two millenia ago, our species suffered under the oppressive yoke of an arcosian called Glacier. In time, Vocado rose up, becoming the first Super Saiyan in history--or the first known--and overthrew Glacier. No Saiyan alive would pass up a chance to train with him."

Or halfbreed, apparently. She would have figured that her boy would have taken his family into account, but... perhaps he had? He knew he'd be resurrected eventually, one way or another, and with matters continuously escalating, he knew he had to be as powerful as possible to keep them safe.

She was so proud that her boy was finally taking the long view.

...probably.

"Though I wouldn't be surprised if he got involved in some trouble beyond that in the afterlife," she said. "Wouldn't be surprised if that... whatever made battersea hesitate was his doing."

Meanwhile, Neva, after watching Battersea's spirit depart, sighed and picked up Totoma's body, placing it back inside Vaikuntha and healing the wounds his mother, in her rage, had inflicted upon it. A little glowing goodness and those cracked ribs popped right back into place and mended themselves. "Such a bother...."
    "...Vocado? Oh, you must mean the Palatine himself!"

In a manner of speaking, it had started to make a little more sense.

"There's an account Parsley left with us uh...detailing parts of the situation. Ochazuke and I were hoping to get Evangeline up to speed on things first, but yeah. None of this is going to do us any good if we don't have everybody around to fight."

With Battersea gone, at least part of Zaofan's more chipper side began to return.

"...if you could fight anyone throughout history, any historical figure, who would it be? I bet Vocado's top three for sure."

Huh, so he'd only managed to achieve the first level in life... so in a way, he and Parsley had surpassed the legendary Super Saiyan himself! Neat.

Vocado had gained a measure of him from that little scrap, so now... it was time to train Rutaba. And that fell to him... or the first part did. Totoma somewhat expected this too was a test. He fancied himself a hero, yes, but... ultimately, heroes couldn't do everything themselves, no matter how powerful. Not without making some serious sacrifices, anyway.

His alternate, the emperor, briefly wandered into his thoughts, but the thought passed quickly.

Totoma stood up. He had absolutely no issue with training Rutaba. None at all. He was closer to her in power, after all, and, really, he could probably figure out Super Saiyan 3 on his own, now that he knew about it. "Yeah, good idea. Alright, you heard the man... let's go!"

His hair faded to black as he faced Rutaba and fell into a fighting stance. Really, he'd like to go full boar (heh) against her, out of respect, but she'd grow better from an actual fight, rather than being slapped around by a Super Saiyan. Probably wouldn't take too long to get her to ascend, since she wasn't too far from the level of power... pretty much every other super saiyan he knew of... had been at when they'd first transformed. Two, maybe three weeks, tops.

..it had actually been a long time since he'd fought her. Not since that spar with her and Vocado, actually. His main reason for visiting back then had been to talk to Mato and teach him the Hitozaru, but the spar had been a nice bonus!
    Rutaba was briefly at a loss. Her? Actually spar with Just Saiyan? It took all her strength not to squeal like an excited schoolgirl. She squirmed and fidgeted. "Eeeee...nnnnnn okay!!"

I can't believe this is happening! I've been dreaming of this for so long! Literally. Rutaba had dreams about fighting Just Saiyan on their wedding night. She, of course, lost and that was how she got pregnant with their first child.

That was how women got pregnant, but losing their wedding fight with their mate. Right?

I should have paid attention in school.

"Alright, here we go!" She powered up to her relatively meager max power and burst forward toward him.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Parsley and Sarada stood in the pediatric wing of the hospital, awaiting with bated breath as the doctor finished his examination of Kumara. They already knew she was healthy; they were more concerned about how strong she was. Parsley's children were 550 and 400. Respectable numbers for children sired from a Super Saiyan and a normal Saiyan male. She was already prepared to hear some outrageous number for her niece, considering her parents were a Super Saiyan and a demi-god.

"...17,030."

"..."

The doctor looked at the scouter, the most accurate they had on hand, with wide eyes, as if it had suddenly transformed into a snake before his very eyes. "I... I don't understand."

"I do!" Sarada said boisterously. "I told you my girl would be fucking strong!!"

Parsley watched with a partially sour face as Sarada played with the giggling little baby. Not only had the child surpassed her children's marks when they were her age, she was stronger than they were combined ... as three year olds... with at least a year and a half of training. This infant had none and was still this strong.

The world wasn't fair. Some people just got all the advantages. Parsley heard from Pois that the child had even accidentally harnessed some kind of strange energy. From the description and the result, it was hakai. The thought of her erasing the entire room because she was throwing a tantrum was horrifying. The sooner her parents started training her, the better.

An arm draped itself around her neck. "Ah, feels good to have a kid this strong, ya know."

"Yes, amazing." She swatted Sarada's hand away and started for the door. "Train her as soon as she can walk. I'll be back maybe when I can."

She teleported away. Just before she vanished, she heard, "Aaaah, she's so jealous ahahaha!!"

I'm not jealous. Not that jealous.

She reappeared on Earth a month after leaving, just as she said she would. The first thing she did was locate Ochazuke and head for his location. He still had Auroc's journal, which she intended on reading while training with Caliban. As she flew, she sent a message to Etrina, Sasheem, and Nevanlinna to meet her on Earth so they could leave.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Eva, when approached with this, would say she has a plan.

Miras Thane is to be Dash and Praxat’s GP sponsor. Instead of going directly to the Academy, Thane has offered to apprentice the two as Cadets aboard her vessel for the first few months of their GP training (to catch them up to the current Academy Class).

This means the two will be traveling through space, and will be very unsuspicious about their activities. Eva has contacted Jinzi and he is to arrive in a day, bringing along another Dragon Radar that Eva plans to give to Dash, Praxat, and Thane to quietly find her dragonballs. The GP apprenticeship offers a good chance to search and find the balls under the radar, so to speak.

Jinzi also will be taking over as President of Earth when he arrives back.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Default Bakhem Patitem, 1/2

Black as Katchin, an arrow cut through the air as it sailed towards its target, followed swiftly by three more. An opening salvo offered by a God-to-be.

All for naught.

As swiftly as they had been offered, each of the arrows was struck down by the butt of an Ankh Staff; the energies that comprised them dissipated with an ease bordering flagrant disregard for its existence. And the one who did it? Asks a question: "Is that all?"

Inanna grits her teeth, and a moment later, a sphere of energy coalesces in between her palms. "No, it's not." Cleos smiles. "Good."

Not soon after her response, Inanna cries out and unleashes it. Death from the Demon's Gate. Yet, it had proven the decider between life and death for all the times; it merely served to emphasize how outmatched the woman was: for Cleos smiled and waited before lashing out with her Ankh Staff.

Inanna was incredulous, but this display did nothing more than steel her resolve. She'd been asked to perform, after all, bring all that she had to bear. "Stop treating me like a whelp." The blue woman snarled before blinking out of view, only to reappear beside Cleos, her rune-woven fist aglow with Ruination; the other aflame with Hakai. Cleos, who seemed momentarily surprised by the sudden vanishing act, was still quick enough to- with almost insulting ease- slide out of the way of the Ruination-wreathed right hook; only to block the left with the Ankh Staff's shaft. A subtle flick of the staff then was all it took to send Inanna sprawling from there.

"Stop acting like one."

Up almost immediately after being struck down, Inanna spat the gritty Otherworld sand from her mouth before trying again and again, from separate angles. All she needed to do was tag Cleos once for it to be over. Yet Cleos, for her part, seemed unconcerned.

"Who taught you to fight?" She asked calmly, avoiding or blocking as necessary each of Inanna's wild swings. "Bits of training picked up here and there," Inanna responded, between jabs and kicks. "No real care for form or creativity. Almost as if you've never really needed it." Another flick of the staff and Inanna was made to eat sand.

"-ptbbbbbb."

"You must like being humiliated." Cleos noted dryly as she waited for Inanna to struggle to her feet and attack again. "Surely that's not all of it, though? There has to be something more, yes?"

Inanna grunted and catapulted herself forward, and a moment before getting within range of being smacked by that damned staff again, she stopped suddenly as her wings unfurled, and the tail she'd kept hidden until now lashed out. This worked quite well in catching Cleos off guard, causing the woman to stagger as it slammed into her chest. Except that wasn't wholly accurate, as with all the attempts previous, it had been blocked by careful placement of her staff.

"Grrr." Inanna attempted to IT away with a snarl, only for Cleos to reach out quickly before she could, grabbing hold of the offered appendage, and with a measured sidestep and graceful swing... slammed Inanna back into the ethereal sands face first.

"Too predictable, child."

Try this then, bitch.

The tail still held onto firmly by Cleos fired a narrow beam of Hakai at her. Which caused Cleos to release her grip and respond. A thing in turn that caused Inanna to stammer as she regained her feet. "Tha... you're not supposed to... that's not fucki-" before she could finish, however, her own Hakai was turned against her.

"Stop swearing, please." Cleos offered; the stolen beam returned in the form of a compressed orb that very rapidly began eating into Inanna's cheek before she managed to dispel it.

What little composure Inanna had left began to fracture here. "Fucking... how?" Inanna hissed.

Cleos' eyebrow twitched at the vulgar language but answered the question all the same. "While it IS a bit more final, being killed by it... at the end of the day, Hakai isn't all that impressive. At least not the way you've been using it."

It was Inanna's turn to twitch. "I'm getting really sick of your ****."

"Language, please." Cleos replied.

"..."

To come so far only to be disrespected, treated almost, as if she- Inanna, someone who had come from, and made something of herself from nothing- as if she were inconsequential? She'd kill this woman, given a chance. With a shrug of her shoulders, the Oni-that-was split into two, only for one to disappear, leaving the other to discharge an obscene amount of Hakai and Ruination at Cleos. Who took this in stride and deflected each beam and sphere of destructive energy as it was offered.

It would be some time- a few seconds- before the Inanna that had disappeared made herself known. Doing so by reappearing behind Cleos and discharging a single nigh-invisible beam of overwhelming force.

As if expecting it, however, before the beam could strike Cleos, the woman stepped to the side. The beam just missing her... only to hit the other Inanna square in the side. Which considering its source, did considerable damage: punching clean through her before erasing the dunes behind her for miles around.

Dropping to her knees as the single-attack clone dissipated, Inanna hissed and spat as the wound slowly mended, a former consideration becoming the foremost thought in her mind.

I'm going to kill this woman.

Though when she tried to stand, she swayed shakily. "Haa... ****."

She was running out of fuel, and thus far, all she'd managed to do was strike that fucking staff or get hit by her own attacks. Considering this and how she might end it quickly before she gassed herself out, Cleos said something that set Inanna off.

"I'm not going to ask you again to watch your language. Don't make me get serious."

She... wasn't even trying? What?

Inanna's aura flared. "FUCKING. WHAT?!" Inanna barked, before exploding forward, claws out. Yet as before, this manner of assault was deftly countered, and again Inanna found herself dispatched with almost contemptuous ease. Cleos either batting her away with the butt of her staff or redirecting her swings with a well-timed gesture. However, Cleos began to notice a shift. Each time she sent Inanna sprawling, the woman regained her feet and launched herself back into the fight faster. To the point where she was having to put more of herself into holding her off. As if...

There was a sudden snap, and Cleos cried out suddenly; as she watched splinters of her Ankh Staff fly through the air as her opponent cried out in triumph. Before Inanna could do anything about this, however, Cleos managed to separate the two of them by very quickly severing Inanna's arm and kicking her away; before dropping to one knee, panting.

"I... didn't expect that I'll admit."

A bellow of pain and rage was all she received in response. Chiding herself for poking the bear, Cleos very quickly healed herself before standing up in time to see Inanna barreling toward her once more. "Like a cornered animal, this one..." Left with little in the way of recourse, Cleos inhaled and steadied herself. So when Inanna reached her and lashed out, Cleos was ready and responded in kind. And as blinded by rage as Inanna might have been, there was no mistaking what she felt: a sharp pinprick and a flare of sudden pain before numbness began to spread from her hip down to the tips of her toes.

Realizing that remaining in arms reach was a terrible idea if the loss of feeling and functionality in her leg was any indication, Inanna flapped her wings suddenly in an attempt to break away. Only for Cleos to step in and grab her by the wing before striking her square in the throat. "Whether you realize it or not, I can't let you learn from this."

"Hrk..." That same pain and numbness began to spread from the impact site, dropping Inanna to her knees as the flow of blood from her heart to her brain were suddenly cut off. Periphery beginning to darken, but murder still on the forefront of her mind, Inanna attempted to grab hold of Cleos, only for the woman to stomp down hard on her hand and strike her again at the point where her flesh merged with runed-metal.

Leaving Inanna with little she could do as she began to lose feeling.

"F..." She attempted with a gurgle before glaring up at the Palatine with cloudy eyes.

"I perhaps understand why others fear your potential." Cleos offered the struggling-to-think woman. There was no denying that a prolonged battle would be the death of many if what she'd caught a glimpse of at the end was what she believed it to be. Yet that was not all Cleos had to say on the matter. "All the same, it's a wonder you've survived as long as you have, unskilled as you are." Even if Inanna had wanted to say anything, she couldn't. All she could do was glare and focus all of her remaining willpower and energy into a final action. Her remaining arm, aglow with ancient rune-weave, and the blood of necessity was the only warning.

The explosion that followed, engulfed the both of them, as it turned the sector of Otherworld they were in into a wasteland of glass.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Default Bakhem Patitem, 2/2

When the silence came flooding back in after cacophonous annihilation, it saw Cleos the victor; the barely-living Inanna laying prone and paralyzed at her feet. However, her triumph was had at a narrow margin. It had been a gamble in the end that saw her standing upright after that brutal attack. One Cleos had loathed making, as she'd relied on nothing more than her Heka Flow to out-sustain the damage. Had the secondary effect of its use not existed, or had she not been durable enough to survive the first few microseconds...

"Well done, Palatine." A voice cut through the silence, startling her. Though she knew well enough who it was.

"Lampton... took you long enough."

The Fallen Angel chuckled. "Lampton arrived precisely when he meant to." With a playful bow, he began casually closing the distance between them. "So... what does Cleos think?"

The woman couldn't help but chuckle dryly. "I think you tried to kill me, you old bastard. You've sent me a literal wolf in sheep's clothing."

Lampton's coy smile became a mischievous grin.

"Lampton can't disagree. That is why Lampton sent her to you, however. Cleos has a knack for taking the unruly. The dangerous... honing them. Keeping them together for a greater purpose." The Angel paused and glanced down at Inanna, who, despite her wounds, was beginning to stir. Giving Cleos a chance to respond.

"I'm not sure I can help her, less now that I have an idea what she's capable of."

Lampton shrugged. "Lampton feels differently. Give it a try. Perhaps speak with this one before attempting to fight it again, yes?"

Cleos sighed in exasperation. "That's hardly the issue at hand, and you know it."

Lampton shrugged again, and when Inanna groaned, turned to leave. "Lampton also recommends you strip her of everything it has cobbled together. More of a hindrance than a help, that patchwork." With a curt wave, Lampton disappeared.

Leaving Cleos alone again... with her feral.

"... crapbaskets."

With a heavy sigh, Cleos knelt and placed a hand on Inanna. "You back to normal, or do you need another Scorpion's Sting?" Or five... hundred. "..nuhhhh..." came the slurred response. Which was at least something to work with.

So with another heavy sigh, Cleos nodded and put her Heka Flow to use once more. "Well, okay then. Let's... get you back on your feet. We've got a lot of work ahead of us, girl, and I have some questions before we start."
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

In the days after Tundra's defeat, the panic within his empire was at an all-time high. Without their strongest fighters, they were defenseless. The news that the Saiyans had not just one Super Saiyan, but several had them feeling like animals being hounded by a pack of predators. That wasn't the end of the misfortunes.

Enoki, great-aunt to Sarada, Parsley, Pinach, and Rutaba, arrived on Langal with a battalion of a dozen GP ships. When Sarada walked up to meet her, she was greeted by the still nimble Saiyanness wrapping her in a tight hug. "You did good, Sarada. I'm proud of you," she said with a wide grin.

"Thanks," she responded, reserved outwardly but beaming like a little girl inwardly. "We got everyone ready. Just need to bring you guys up to speed." She quickly led Enoki inside the palace and through the halls. The Council and Pinach were waiting in the war room. "We have ten million soldiers committed to the cause," she started as they walked inside. "Botarega volunteered to coordinate things from here. Pinach will take on the more heavily guarded planets."

Enoki smiled at her young nephew, then turned her attention to the galactic star-map being projected over the table. "How many troops do you intend on sending to each world? And how many worlds were there again?"

"365 planets," she responded. "If there's one thing the conquests proved, it's that it won't take many Saiyans to wipeout a race. We'll send ten Saiyans to each world. How many patrolmen do you have with you?"

"A few hundred."

"Good. We'll send maybe five GP with them to see about any captives," Sarada responded. "Once we liberate a world, we'll place them under our supervision until they get back on their feet."

Enoki raised an eyebrow. "Are you sure about that?"

Sarada knew why she was asking. "We'll only be protecting them from any possible retaliation, just in case there are any stragglers left in Tundra's army. They'll be autonomous, outside of any financial aid they'll require."

"Financial aid?"

"I intend on liquidating all of Tundra's assets," she said with a wide grin. "His palace on his throne world, his ships, all of his treasure outside of what I intend on giving to some friends of mine who helped save Ruco. I don't know how much it'll all be worth, but it should cover any expenses."

"And if anything is left over?"

"I'll keep it," she said unabashedly.

Enoki laughed and shook her head.

The next day, the liberation effort started in earnest. They agreed to blitz the empire full throttle to minimize any chance of Tundra's men managing to escape. Sarada already knew some were going to escape, but they were so far down the totem pole that she was entirely unconcerned that they were lurking out there somewhere. As long as the major players - whatever lieutenants that were still alive - were taken out, that was all that mattered.

Enoki led the ten million man charge across the galaxy. Before, when Saiyan ships were seen descending from above, terror and dread struck the hearts of those that dared try to defend their home from annihilation. Now, when they saw them accompanied by the Galaxy Police, it was... confusion. Hope and joy were too much to ask for. After all, why would the people who originally tore through their worlds suddenly turn around and save them from the situation they got them into to begin with. While Sarada was hoping for more gratitude, she understood the mistrust.

Over the next month and a half, her army swept through Tundra's empire, liberating world after world. After they were done, the GP patrolmen stayed behind to take account of what the people left behind - assuming there were any there to begin with - would need to get back on their feet. They tabulated the cost and sent it to Sarada. Once it was all done, she would add it all up and take that from the funds that she acquired from the liquidation.

This is what it's like to be good, she thought to herself as the reports rolled in one by one. This, she hoped, would be the final step in her people's redemption.

After it was done, they could finally move forward.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Rutaba was briefly at a loss. Her? Actually spar with Just Saiyan? It took all her strength not to squeal like an excited schoolgirl. She squirmed and fidgeted. "Eeeee...nnnnnn okay!!"

I can't believe this is happening! I've been dreaming of this for so long! Literally. Rutaba had dreams about fighting Just Saiyan on their wedding night. She, of course, lost and that was how she got pregnant with their first child.

That was how women got pregnant, but losing their wedding fight with their mate. Right?

I should have paid attention in school.

"Alright, here we go!" She powered up to her relatively meager max power and burst forward toward him.
    Totoma met Rutaba's charge with his own defensive effort, much like Vocado had with him, and for the same reason. He wanted to get a handle on her capabilities, style, mindset, and so on. And soon enough, he did.

She was fairly strong--not as strong as he was, even untransformed, but for her age, she was tremendously ahead of the curve. He wasn't in the least surprised by that--fairly skilled, and... exuberant? Yeah, that's the word he'd used. She was fighting like... like she was trying to impress him. Which made sense to him... he was her hero and, for the time being, teacher... and who wouldn't want to make a good impression on either of those?

...although he got this weird, nagging feeling there was something more to it than that, but he tried to ignore it.

After getting Rutaba's measure, he held the defense for a time, but then began to ramp things up. One reason actual, life-or-death battles allowed for so much growth is because they almost always pushed a given fighter to their absolute limit... and beyond. For Saiyans, this was doubly true, given their natural biology and all. His mother's sparring tactics made use of all this.

She would start slow, but gradually up her effort, keeping pace with her opponent's. When they hit their limit, she would increase her efforts just a bit beyond that, and then fight at that level, forcing them to fight at a slight disadvantage. Often, to regain parity, those she trained would discover hidden wells of strength to tap into or at least get used to fighting at their max ability for longer and compensate for a power disadvantage.

And that's what he did with Rutaba. Eventually, she maxed out, and his power kept rising, until it was a bit above her. Not high enough that he could completely school her, but enough that she really had to put in effort, both physical and mental, to sort of keep up. To her credit, she did quite well, even when he began mounting an offense.

During the spar, he also took the time to teach her, through demonstration, a skill that saiyan martial arts often lacked, but were quite common in Earthling styles--pressure points. He himself didn't use them in fights against peers, since he usually wanted to drag out his... enjoyment of the experience, but pressure points were an effective way to even the odds against just the sort of power difference she was dealing with. Of course, he also taught her how to defend against such attacks, as well. Not that she'd be likely to encounter them, but, hey, couldn't be too prepared.

Alas, their first spar came to an end when he misjudged a strike and, uh... knocked Rutaba out-cold. No permanent damage, and she had been pretty close to exhaustion anyway, but he freaked out nonetheless. Vocado had reassured him that there was unlikely to be permanent damage... dead bodies were killable, but also a bit more robust than living ones, after all.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And so their training continued like this, barring a weird incident involving Battersea about 3-ish days in. He and Vocado took turns training Rutaba, he'd get in a spar with the Legendary Super Saiyan when he could, and, eventually, Rutaba got to the point where she could join in on some 2-on-1 vs Vocado.

Eventually, however, they hit a wall. Rutaba had grown tremendously, both in power and skill, and had even managed to rile herself up to briefly tap into her dormant Super Saiyan power... yeah, it had just been a flash, but it was progress. Or so he had thought. After trying to pursue the 'have Rutaba psyche herself up' method for about a week, it became apparent that it was a dead end.

His counterpart, he recalled, had told Sarada, years ago, that (in most cases,) the power responded to a need, not a desire. Rutaba wanted to be a super saiyan, and she was more than qualified when it came to her base form's power, but she lacked that burning, overwhelming need. He didn't really discuss it with Vocado, but he could tell that they were thinking similar things about the matter.

...they needed to force her into a situation where the only choices available were to surpass her limits or... death.

That last part is what lay heavily on his mind and heart as he sat, chin resting on the back of his hands, thinking about... just how to do this. Dying was one thing--an afterlife existed, after all, and there were always the dragon balls--but... dying here would mean..

Rutaba wasn't weak, in body, mind, or spirit, so he had faith she'd be able to overcome any trial he put in front of her, but there was that nagging feeling of... what if he screwed up and killed her, snuffing out her light completely? He wouldn't be able to live with that knowledge...

Totoma sighed as his young charge approached him. "...I think I know what we've gotta do to get you over this hurdle, but... I'm not gonna lie, this will be dangerous. If you die while already dead, that's it... you're gone forever. Is that something you're willing to risk, Rutaba?"

Was that something he was willing to risk? If it were just him and it were for a good cause, then... if absolutely necessary, yeah. But a situation like this was something that each person had to decide for themselves. Of course, he expected Rutaba to say 'yes', but he kept a keen eye on her body language, to truly judge whether or not she was willing to spit in the face of oblivion to become... a Super Hero, instead of remaining 'just' a hero.
    The poster formerly known as Daiyoukai Ramza.

Month One:

Miras Thane watched with her head in her hands as Dash and Praxat run away from the pursuing animal. Wearing Ki inhibitors to help strengthen their bodies and get used to various prisons and planets where such things were common, the two M-Fighters run pell-mell away from their attacker.

The large dinosaur looking creature, with large tentacles sprouting from its back, seemed to be quite hungry as it keeps snapping at the two cadets. Miras floats down and quickly picks up the earth dragonball the two had found in the creatures nest just before it attacked them. Well, at least one good thing came from this particular training planet.

She sweat drops as she hears a roar, followed by a gratuitous explosion that she just knows came from Praxat and one of her home made contraptions.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM