Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Justice Clarence Thomas reveals some sympathy for Trump's baseless fraud claims

Perhaps Thomas is far more dangerous in the SCOTUS than any of Trump's hand-picked apointees.
    I had seen an article about this. The truly scary part was scrolling down to the comments. People saying what a great man Thomas was, a voice of truth among lies, that we must do away with all mail-in voting and how Republicans will never win another Presidential election now that Democrats know they can do absolutely anything, even steal a national election and get away with it, how America as a free nation is dead because of Liberals and on and on.

The irony is that, as much as I despise Thomas, he specifically said there was not enough fraud or procedural changes to change the outcome of the election and was questioning the ability of states to make last minute changes and questioning other procedural issues.

But most comments ignored the critical part that the outcome of the election was legitimate. His primary concern seemed to be making changes that would reassure people of the legitimacy of elections. But I'm not sure how you convince people who have become Conspiracy theory whack jobs who believe things with no evidence and reject any evidence they don't like of anything but what they want to believe.
    Power with Girl is better.

Unpacking Biden Administration vs. Congressional Tension in the McGahn Case.

The interesting thing is when this gets pushed hard next week, the Mueller Report will have to be released, unredacted. And there are, according this and several other reports, nearly a dozen or so charges never filed against 45 and his associates, up to and including himself and those he pardoned. And all within the limitations of charging them all.

Might be popcorn time again.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Ron Johnson is using his questioning time during the Capitol security hearing to promote a conspiracy theory that the January 6 insurrectionists weren't actually Trump supporters, but were "provocateurs" and "fake Trump protesters"
    Twitter Link with video
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post

“Ron Johnson is using his questioning time during the Capitol security hearing to promote a conspiracy theory that the January 6 insurrectionists weren't actually Trump supporters, but were "provocateurs" and "fake Trump protesters"”

Lol.

And has some Soviet spy been impersonating the Donald for the last 5 years? With the real Donald imprisoned in a Chinese jail?

If so, the US marines should mount a rescue mission immediately...and the Donald should be made President, since he won the last valid election...surely Joe competing against a non American renders result of last election invalid.
    Last edited by JackDaw; 02-23-2021 at 11:50 AM.

Macomb County GOP wants state party to censure Meijer, Upton

Republicans in one of Michigan's largest counties want an "emergency session" of the state GOP committee to censure U.S. Reps. Peter Meijer and Fred Upton, party members who supported impeaching former President Donald Trump.

The Macomb County Republican Party's executive committee voted 28-0 on Feb. 11 to support a resolution against the two congressmen, according to a document obtained by The Detroit News.

The vote shows the support that remains in the Michigan GOP for Trump despite his loss in November and his efforts to overturn the results of the election.
    Macomb County "absolutely loves President Trump," said Lisa Mankiewicz, vice chairwoman of the Macomb County party, who confirmed the Feb. 11 vote occurred.

"We’re the party of MAGA," Mankiewicz said, referring to Trump's slogan "Make America Great Again."

"We back President Donald Trump. These men pretended to be supporters of Trump and turned out to be just the opposite," she said of Meijer and Upton.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Somewhere in hell, Jim Jones is jealous af of how Trump turned an entire political party into one huge honking cult.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by JackDaw View Post
    “Ron Johnson is using his questioning time during the Capitol security hearing to promote a conspiracy theory that the January 6 insurrectionists weren't actually Trump supporters, but were "provocateurs" and "fake Trump protesters"”

Lol.

And has some Soviet spy been impersonating the Donald for the last 5 years? With the real Donald imprisoned in a Chinese jail?

If so, the US marines should mount a rescue mission immediately...and the Donald should be made President, since he won the last valid election...surely Joe competing against a non American renders result of last election invalid.
    These people are so detached from reality I'm sure they truly believe the insurrectionists were not trump supporters.

Astonishing Member

"I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

On the plus side I am glad the hearings on the Capital Hill riots started today. I was also just as glad that I had to sit through 5 minutes of coverage of the Tiger woods crash so I could get two minutes of the news on the hearings from the nightly news. I am also glad that is all CNN seems to be talking about all day. i would much rather get updates every 15 minutes to be told Woods is still in surgery then hear about what comes out about the darkest day in recent American history.
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 02-23-2021 at 06:20 PM.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

If Donald Trump was a lizard person, it would go a long way to explain things.

But it is rather insulting to our kobold friends to assume that when someone is bad, they're a lizard person.

Maybe I should just stick with the easiest explanation.

Trump is a dick.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    If Donald Trump was a lizard person, it would go a long way to explain things.

But it is rather insulting to our kobold friends to assume that when someone is bad, they're a lizard person.

Maybe I should just stick with the easiest explanation.

Trump is a dick.
    The next time I play Dnd my Kobold king will look like Trump!
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    The next time I play Dnd my Kobold king will look like Trump!
    King Dondon Snowflake the 45th.

If I remember correctly, kobolds are like paper and fold like cheap suits even with weak characters.

Seems apropos.

We had Jed Grooz, the a-hole kobold ambassador with his weasel familiar Snowflake in a recent campaign.

We let him drown in acid ... on accident ...
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 02-23-2021 at 05:07 PM.

I loved Ted Cruz's cameo in Babylon 5!

See if you can spot him....

Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Trump is a dick.
    Quoted for truth!

It could be argued that it makes some kind of sense (in a weird way) to dehumanize something as disgusting as a Nazi. That kind of thing is what Marvel (kind of) did by making stories about the Nazis being allied with the Chitauri in the Ultimate Universe. It is this strange phenomena that allows us to blame the horrid actions of people on something other. An odd escapism from the hard truth that it was human beings who did these unforgivable things.
    Last edited by Odd Rödney; 02-23-2021 at 07:19 PM. Reason: Typos: Zero Tolerance
    "Kids don't care **** about superhero comic books. And if they do, they probably start with manga, with One Punch-Man or My Hero Academia. " -ImOctavius.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    On the plus side I am glad the hearings on the Capital Hill riots started today. I was also just as glad that I had to sit through 5 minutes of coverage of the Tiger woods crash so I could get two minutes of the news on the hearings from the nightly news. I am also glad that is all CNN seems to be talking about all day. i would much rather get updates every 15 minutes to be told Woods is still in surgery then hear about what comes out about the darkest day in recent American history.
    Working from home, I have MSNBC on, but muted. I was glancing at the hearings, occasionally un-muting to listen before muting again and getting back to work. At one point I look up and see BREAKING NEWS: Tiger Woods crashed his car. I thought, 'Well, that's sad.' and went back to work. Glanced up again about 20 minutes later, still on the shot of the chopper circling the wreck. 5 minutes later- then a crane arrived. 10 minutes- the car was righted. And so on, and so on, to the point I started to wonder if he died. They stayed on this coverage for FOUR HOURS, following as the car was put onto the flatbed, then as it was brought to the inspection lot, then as it was pulled off and maneuvered around with a forklift for TWENTY MINUTES.

And all this time I was thinking: "Okay, maybe the hearings on the riot wrapped up for the day. But there were still several confirmation hearings, two which I believe got contentious. You would think a major news organization would care more about that than, say, an old golfer who crashed his car.