Page 471 of 827 FirstFirst ... 371421461467468469470471472473474475481521571 ... LastLast
Results 7,051 to 7,065 of 12395

Quote Originally Posted by 4sake Baned View Post
    Not surprising. I’m a fan of a lot of Johns’ work but I’ve always hated how he handled Cyborg. I remember hearing that David Walker and Ivan Reis (the creative team of Cyborg’s first solo) had a really hard time trying to convince Johns and Didio that Cyborg should have the ability to change back into his normal human form. Once Walker was kicked off the book, they changed Vic back into just a torso.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    Speaking of a name change to avoid any racist connotation, Marvel needs to apply a new code name for the X-Man, Darwin.
    That is a new one for me, why is Darwin racist?

I'd place Monica over Carol any day, and every day.
    I mean, I don't hate Brie or anything and thought she was "fine" in Captain Marvel

But the Monica actress in Wandavision I already like better lol.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by 4sake Baned View Post
    How in the hell...

I kinda want to know how you even get in the position of having a convo about Cyborg's peepee somewhere other than the internet.

I mean, what? Was this in Johns' character notes to the actor? How in the hell do you just go...BTW, Cyborg has no d!ck. Just thought you should know."

Why would you even feel the need to address that bit of comic book silliness in your movie to begin with?

Did Fisher go like "Does my character get a love interest?" and got "No because he has no d!ck." as a serious response? No wonder he felt some kind of way. That **** is stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by G. Boney View Post
    Madea Goes to Magic City...?
    Noooooo!!!!!!

A stripper with a heart of gold!

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    How in the hell...

I kinda want to know how you even get in the position of having a convo about Cyborg's peepee somewhere other than the internet.

I mean, what? Was this in Johns' character notes to the actor? How in the hell do you just go...BTW, Cyborg has no d!ck. Just thought you should know."

Why would you even feel the need to address that bit of comic book silliness in your movie to begin with?

Did Fisher go like "Does my character get a love interest?" and got "No because he has no d!ck." as a serious response? No wonder he felt some kind of way. That **** is stupid.
    He wasn't going to have a love interest even if he had a dick.

Funny enough, Monica & Lemar enjoyed more spotlight than Black Panther during that time. BP had to settle for guest star status at that point. Falcon was brought back into the Cap book during the John Walker era.

Mark probably had more empathy for the character he created over the one Roger created.

I'd place Monica over Carol any day, and every day.

I was in 4th grade when I got this guy ^ from Zayre back in the mid 80's. This is one of the few old action figures i still have (not my picture) but I remember being a kid some time later and telling myself 'He looks like Black Panther'. I even put a rubberband around his chest, twisted it and then put it around this waist so he had a holster. It comes up here, how in school ANY thing of major historical impact on behalf of Black contributions is/was NEVER found in any of our textbooks but it got me to thinking, did I hear about the Black Panther Party or Black Panther first... I'm talkin pre-teen, clearly it was 616 Black Panther though. However way it happened.

Like Shaw said, man there was a period in the 80s, where we didn't have Black Panther in ANY book, no Cage, Storm had the mohawk. And so now, 6 year old white boys get green mohawks. Back then, that look, especially on a Black woman, was still a little, jarring so she was out and anyway if we dealt with any mutants it was Wolverine. Monica was on always on covers with that trimmed down Avengers roster. Those books were excellent to see, even if she was all I saw, I never not took notice. I was stuck on 'she's a girl though' and that was the only thing that prevented me from grabbing more of those issues. My guy was 8 years pre-War Machine James Rhodes that I thought was dope, blue haired Stark. Bob Layton drew Rhodes with a box haircut, he had cold ass jackets for 1987 lol.

That oldschool Titans mask I always thought was cool on Battlestar. Marvel used it very little back then.

It is just a matter of using the characters, and creatively doing so, as opposed to shipping them off to limbo. Lemar has super strength (class 10), and training similar to Steve Rogers, so he was not all that different than MCU Captain America/Winter Soldier.

1,000. The minority character suffers from two ends, coming and going.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    I never really put that much stock into Cyborg's junk until all these articles came out. I still don't know why they insist on that 80's Robocop-esque design. The Cyborgs from Cyborg 009 look more human than he does and they were created in the 60's. I really think Johns put him in justice league just so he would have someone to maim.

Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post

I was in 4th grade when I got this guy ^ from Zayre back in the mid 80's. This is one of the few old action figures i still have (not my picture) but I remember being a kid some time later and telling myself 'He looks like Black Panther'. I even put a rubberband around his chest, twisted it and then put it around this waist so he had a holster. It comes up here, how in school ANY thing of major historical impact on behalf of Black contributions is/was NEVER found in any of our textbooks but it got me to thinking, did I hear about the Black Panther Party or Black Panther first... I'm talkin pre-teen, clearly it was 616 Black Panther though. However way it happened.

Like Shaw said, man there was a period in the 80s, where we didn't have Black Panther in ANY book, no Cage, Storm had the mohawk. And so now, 6 year old white boys get green mohawks. Back then, that look, especially on a Black woman, was still a little, jarring so she was out and anyway if we dealt with any mutants it was Wolverine. Monica was on always on covers with that trimmed down Avengers roster. Those books were excellent to see, even if she was all I saw, I never not took notice. I was stuck on 'she's a girl though' and that was the only thing that prevented me from grabbing more of those issues. My guy was 8 years pre-War Machine James Rhodes that I thought was dope, blue haired Stark. Bob Layton drew Rhodes with a box haircut, he had cold ass jackets for 1987 lol.

That oldschool Titans mask I always thought was cool on Battlestar. Marvel used it very little back then.

[/B]1,000. The minority character suffers from two ends, coming and going.
    The Fox does look a lot like BP doesn't he? I have a soft spot for those Archie superheroes. They never do anything with them half the time, if it isn't mainline Archie they don't care. It's all Ian Flynn's fault. He made me care about them.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    That is a new one for me, why is Darwin racist?
    I was going to ask the same thing. Other than social Darwinism, Which is not part of Charles Darwin natural selection theory, I don't really see where the name causes controversy.
    Surely not everybody was kung fu fighting

Extraordinary Member

Before everything went to heck, the Justice League movie was supposed to contain teasers for the upcoming Flash and Cyborg movies. So I can see the question coming up at least for later.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    Before everything went to heck, the Justice League movie was supposed to contain teasers for the upcoming Flash and Cyborg movies. So I can see the question coming up at least for later.
    But it still should not have come up.

DC was not going to let Cyborg movie have Cyborg doing a love scene. Not even to the level of what we saw in Return of Swamp Thing.

I mean was that question going to be asked in a DC movie? In Fantastic Four 2 it was joked very briefly about with The Thing.

NOBODY asked that question on Regular Show where you had humans and birds with kids.

No one asked that of Northwind in Infinity INc or the X-Men.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post

Not even to the level of what we saw in Return of Swamp Thing.
    Winner, of the chicken dinner.

PRIME, Lockleer, at the time too fwiw. Nan an eye batted
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Watching the reaction to Monica Rambeau in Wandavision has been very bittersweet for me.

It's nice on the one hand to see how much people like the character and the surge of interest in her. On the other hand, it's sad to see just how terribly she was treated post Roger Stern. She was the leader of the Avengers but Gruenwald wanted her replaced as leader of the Avengers so much so that he fired Roger Stern when he opposed this. Like, seriously?

I hope she gets some recognition in the comics again.
    I think you'll appreciate this article. Warning for spoilers in regards to Nubia.

https://www.themarysue.com/revival-o...lack-heroines/

https://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/news/ty...?ocid=msedgntp

Tyler Perry Studios planning a strip club drama set in Atlanta for BET+.

Ugh. This fills me with so much dread.
    Well.... that was unexpected.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    I think you'll appreciate this article. Warning for spoilers in regards to Nubia.

https://www.themarysue.com/revival-o...lack-heroines/
    Nice article.

Monica Rambeau is a pretty awesome character with an awesome storyline.

I need to read up on Nubia. I watched a video talking about her history, I literally didn't even know she's existed for so long.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Nice article.

Monica Rambeau is a pretty awesome character with an awesome storyline.

I need to read up on Nubia. I watched a video talking about her history, I literally didn't even know she's existed for so long.
    Oh yeah, Nubia's great, she's one of DC's many diverse characters that they just sit on. There have been 2 black supermen in the last 10 years, and DC barely did anything with them.