Page 725 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 2256256757157217227237247257267277287297357758251225 ... LastLast
Results 10,861 to 10,875 of 20948

Quote Originally Posted by Castling View Post
    These are the three things that I think happened to Cavill:

1. Zack Snyder. Nuff said.

2. Negotiations, wherein he thought he was an A-lister who deserved A-list money. WB disagreed. They even floated a solo Supergirl movie to move him off his position, and he wouldn't budge. Now, WB has cast a new Supergirl, making good on that threat.

3. Tyler Hoechlin's Superman. This guy has been so positively received that he essentially gives viewers the Superman they didn't know they needed until now, and quite a few people are noting that he's a better Superman than Cavill. This last one really put the nail in the coffin for Henry.

Luckily, Cavill has projects lined up, and he's at an age where he can really campaign for James Bond if he still wants it.
    On point 3, while better than I had feared, and definitely popular among fans so far, the CW is so small I doubt the movie execs care enough to look at it if they even know it's a thing at all. I would be hesitant to count it in any calculations. Again, not a mark against it, just not something I see the movie guys looking at.
    I don't know if Jordan is still attached, but we know he's connected to WB/DC because of his producer work on the upcoming Static. So, I'm guessing he's still in the loop somehow.
    Not necessarily. I doubt all producers are given insight to projects they're no associated with, and we don't know he will be associated with this. We just know he was approached for the role of Superman, he said he wanted to do the Calvin version, and nothing seemed to come of it, probably.

Hopefully it's Calvin Ellis or even Val-Zod; I have already little interest in a Superman movie, so a black Clark Kent would even less attract me, because either they'd have to change his upbringing a lot or just assume that it makes no fucking sense.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Rider View Post
    Does that basically guarantee we're getting a black Superman?
    I don't think anything is guaranteed, but this news is the kind of story that will launch a million clickbait articles about it

Quote Originally Posted by Kara Danvers View Post
    I can already see Tucker Carlson crying about it.

Nah he's to busy destroying other left wing narratives.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Haven’t seen that but it wouldn’t be much of a surprise. Once Gadot is done I’m predicting they’ll cast Yara as her replacement. Only Batman is impervious to race bending of course. I do wonder what will happen if Flashpoint is a flop. Does Ezra get shown the door and they cast a new Flash? Or just drop Flash entirely?
    If Yara gets adapted I hope Donna Troy, Cassie Sandsmark and Nubia gets some spotlight as well. Though, ngl I'm more open to a Nubia movie than a Yara one.

I'm sure Ezra will be shown the door as will Keaton and the new Supergirl. It will probably have its ripple effects on other projects they have in the pipeline. Most likely negative effect.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think anything they do with Yara will be a completely separate thing to movie Wonder Woman at the moment (before they were pitching her for a CW show), although who knows with WB they might just be hard-pushing to get their new diverse legacy heroes out there to seem more relevant.

I have no idea what WB's plan for The Flash are at this point.
    They might as well use WW3 to set her up. I wonder how many WW movies Jenkins and Gal are willing to do? Three seems to be the ideal number but I can see them going for 4 or 5 movies especially since Jenkins is clearly inspired by the Donner Superman movies.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Eh, I'm the opposite - I'm less and less interested in a shared cinematic universe with every movie. I'm so much more hyped for The Batman because it isn't part of the DCEU. If this is a non-DCEU Elseworld movie it'd go a long way to alleviate my worries.

The shared universe was amazing when the MCU was new. Over 13-ish years later I'm burned out on the concept.
    I think the shared universe thing is just a tool, one that can be used properly or improperly.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

In theory showing Val or Calvin in Flashpoint and then doing a movie about him sounds good. But attached names to the project does not inspire confidence. They might as well do black Clark.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    They might as well use WW3 to set her up. I wonder how many WW movies Jenkins and Gal are willing to do? Three seems to be the ideal number but I can see them going for 4 or 5 movies especially since Jenkins is clearly inspired by the Donner Superman movies.
    It would be nice to see Wonder Woman and Wonder Girl together on film at least once.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    In theory showing Val or Calvin in Flashpoint and then doing a movie about him sounds good. But attached names to the project does not inspire confidence. They might as well do black Clark.
    Whoever this Superman is he won’t be in Flashpoint. They don’t even have a script, a director, or a lead. That’s why they casted Supergirl, she’ll be repping the S-shield here.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Spectacular Member

Jenkins has said that she has two more movies she wants to do. Not sure about Gadot though

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning63 View Post
    Jenkins has said that she has two more movies she wants to do. Not sure about Gadot though
    Wasn’t one of them an Amazons prequel though? Wouldn’t need Gadot for that. And she has talked about doing a third movie set in the present to end her trilogy.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Wasn’t one of them an Amazons prequel though? Wouldn’t need Gadot for that. And she has talked about doing a third movie set in the present to end her trilogy.
    Isn't the Amazons prequel an animated series, last I checked?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Isn't the Amazons prequel an animated series, last I checked?
    If it is, i hope it goes a different art style...and just completely different direction general than that Aquaman TAS.

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Witch View Post
    Nah he's to busy destroying other left wing narratives.
    Yup, I'm guessing the massive potatohead scandal will probably hog the next couple news cycles. Gonna have to go storm pixar with a confederate flag to make that one right.

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    I think the shared universe thing is just a tool, one that can be used properly or improperly.
    Yes, well it's a tool like a hammer - keep using it, and all problems start looking like nails. I'd like it to be set down for a bit...

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    I actually hope 'The Batman' is just a prequel to Affleck's Batman but that doesn't seem to be the case. I'm not a fan of having 3-4 on screen versions of characters running around. It dilutes the whole thing, imo.
    Definitely not a prequel. One of the gang members in the trailer is using a smartphone to record Batman.

These are the three things that I think happened to Cavill:

1. Zack Snyder. Nuff said.

2. Negotiations, wherein he thought he was an A-lister who deserved A-list money. WB disagreed. They even floated a solo Supergirl movie to move him off his position, and he wouldn't budge. Now, WB has cast a new Supergirl, making good on that threat.

3. Tyler Hoechlin's Superman. This guy has been so positively received that he essentially gives viewers the Superman they didn't know they needed until now, and quite a few people are noting that he's a better Superman than Cavill. This last one really put the nail in the coffin for Henry.

Luckily, Cavill has projects lined up, and he's at an age where he can really campaign for James Bond if he still wants it.
    A major factor in this was probably that, like Matt Reeves when he came onboard The Batman, Abrams likely wanted a clean slate to start from rather than picking up Snyder's sloppy seconds. Then, given the divisive reception of those movies, the studio probably realized there was really no reason in fighting him to keep Cavill onboard or to keep this as part of the DCEU. I wouldn't be surprised if they similarly had a desire to start fresh with a new direction.