Page 130 of 774 FirstFirst ... 3080120126127128129130131132133134140180230630 ... LastLast
Results 1,936 to 1,950 of 11598

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    That's not the typical approach comics takes and it starts to not make sense that this character then isn't in every situation to just come in and solve everything right away. I don't really want that for Wanda. I want her to have a chance to be an actual character and not the solution to every problem.
    In that situation they could show other heroes facing the world ending threat but in truth it’s just a servant of the universe/multiverse ending threat that Wanda is facing of with. You don’t have to have her face every small thing or solve every small thing for her to have character development in my opinion.
    “There is no defense against the Scarlet Witch's HEX!

Quote Originally Posted by Covetous_One View Post
    In that situation they could show other heroes facing the world ending threat but in truth it’s just a servant of the universe/multiverse ending threat that Wanda is facing of with. You don’t have to have her face every small thing or solve every small thing for her to have character development.
    They wouldn't do that for character development anyway, or it's very rare. Because those big feats are more for the wow factor and rarely for development. Development usually comes from hardships and very real issues in a character's life, friendships, relationships, stuff like that. And because she then couldn't be there for the small battles, she'd only be there for the big ones where it made sense. Severely limiting her. She couldn't be on a team. That makes no sense, because she can just do anything herself.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    It's funny that with all the comics going up in value on Ebay,spoilers:
    Avengers vol. 3 #10, where Busiek and Pérez introduced "chaos magic," hasn't been mentioned much of anywhere, despite its obvious influence on the show.

Wanda's powers are so confusing that no one can really remember where anything started, so it's not surprising that most people don't know that was the origin of Wanda having chaos magic (though of course based on the earlier story about Chthon giving her magical abilities at birth).
    end of spoilers
    Well Gurkle Like anything for Our Wanda either with a New Fan or a Veteran, their Always a Place and a Time to Start to Remember or Learn to Expand the WandaVerse!

"By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Cool

"By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    I really hope mcu Agatha survives and gets redeemed or at least that they don't turn comics Agatha into evil all along for synergy

“What is grief if not love persevering?”

By katherinesketch

Original tweet:
    Damm almost 50k in likes
    https://mobile.twitter.com/katherine...40999406977027

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    They wouldn't do that for character development anyway, or it's very rare. Because those big feats are more for the wow factor and rarely for development. Development usually comes from hardships and very real issues in a character's life, friendships, relationships, stuff like that. And because she then couldn't be there for the small battles, she'd only be there for the big ones where it made sense. Severely limiting her. She couldn't be on a team. That makes no sense, because she can just do anything herself.
    To me even op characters can have there weak moments and it wouldn’t have anything to do with their powers. It could be how they maybe trying to go about it. Having incredible power doesn’t stop characters from having faults with in them and confront the troubles that you can’t or shouldn’t use your powers to solve like relationships that she may have with Billy and Tommy in the comics. She can’t solve those problems she has with them with her powers, even though she could she knows that using power like that isn’t right. Also I always imagined she could go solo. She has the potential to go it alone and not need a team, though they would call her if the situation truly demands it.
    “There is no defense against the Scarlet Witch's HEX!

Quote Originally Posted by Covetous_One View Post
    To me even op characters can have there weak moments and it wouldn’t have anything to do with their powers. It could be how they maybe trying to go about it. Having incredible power doesn’t stop characters from having faults with in them and confront the troubles that you can’t or shouldn’t use your powers to solve like relationships that she may have with Billy and Tommy in the comics. She can’t solve those problems she has with them with her powers, even though she could she knows that using power like that isn’t right. Also I always imagined she could go solo. She has the potential to go it alone and not need a team, though they would call her if the situation truly demands it.
    It makes them far less human, more god-like and the problems seem smaller because they can just fix anything. Lose someone? Bring them back. Have a bad day? Improve your luck. She can't solve every problem now, because they put limits on it. And it really needs to stay that way. If they go full ham with reality warping without limits, then any problem is a joke.

I like her in solos, but the problem becomes when they don't want to do solos for her. And they've only done that on a limited basis. So when she's not in that, she's not elsewhere either. A lot of the limits to Wanda's use came after she got a severe but even temporary power up.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

The Twilight Sword Arc was in the Pages of Avengers #1, Vol. 3 By Kurt Busiek and George Perez for Reference to help with this in what happen.
    Oh now i got it,

It's been a while since Wanda had a 1vs1 against another sorceress

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post

The last shot is really cool

Quote Originally Posted by starduck View Post
    The last shot is really cool
    Despite many flaws AvX had and not all issues looking as good as others cause they seem to have roltating Artist like they did with writers, but some Issues where completing STUNNING in both the Artwork and at times even more the Inking/Coloring of Pages!

They have sticked in my mind for so long cause of this how well many turned out.

I loved Wanda's old Hex Power. She actually did so much with it and faced off against Enchantress a number of times.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Despite many flaws AvX had and not all issues looking as good as others cause they seem to have roltating Artist like they did with writers, but some Issues where completing STUNNING in both the Artwork and at times even more the Inking/Coloring of Pages!

They have sticked in my mind for so long cause of this how well many turned out.
    Yeah, this is one of the definitive Scarlet Witch images to me