Page 52 of 69 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662 ... LastLast
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Force League Unlimited View Post
    If they want to salvage this game they might choose to go the Final Fantasy XIV route and take the thing back to formula, that extends to making the game a massive online multiplayer, with the added bonus of creating your own character.
    I don't see a FF14 level revamp for this game. I see Square and Marvel cutting their losses.

Page me when they've burned all of this down and brought in RockSteady to make an X-Men game.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

I think I'm just going to play through the story for the two Hawkeyes when I can and leave it until they can be bothered to make something people actually want to play. Hopefully the failures of Cyberpunk and Anthem will teach companies to stop following such dumb trends and maybe having enough time to create a solid product.

Crystal Dynamics want to speed up the death of this game. They recently updated the game to make it more of a grind. It's harder to level now.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Crystal Dynamics want to speed up the death of this game. They recently updated the game to make it more of a grind. It's harder to level now.
    Absolutely counterproductive. And to think I was looking forward to Square-Enix doing Marvel.

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    I think I'm just going to play through the story for the two Hawkeyes when I can and leave it until they can be bothered to make something people actually want to play. Hopefully the failures of Cyberpunk and Anthem will teach companies to stop following such dumb trends and maybe having enough time to create a solid product.
    Crunching out an unfinished product for the sake of hype and short-term profit shouldn't be allowed to happen. Speaking of Cyberpunk 2077, since you bring that up, I think it would've been cool if there were 2099 skins for the Avengers characters the same way Insomniac Games' Spider-Man had both of his 2099 successor's costumes as alternate suits. Hell, I'd like to see a Spider-Man/Marvel 2099 game that would show up Cyberpunk 2077.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

I don't see a FF14 level revamp for this game. I see Square and Marvel cutting their losses.
    I agree with this. I think the reason they took so much care of FFXIV is it was their own IP. They likely don't care about this enough to absorb the cost of rebooting. And may see it as a big risk.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

I loved the story mode of this game a whole lot but the other stuff, the grinding and online play? Well, it just doesn't work for a game like this (at least for me). IMHO that kind of thing works in monster Hunter World but not here. Why not put out new story modes with all the new characters? I heard they're trying something like that with Clint and I hope that is correct. I just don't have high prospects for this game anymore. Don't get me wrong, I want it to be good, I want more characters and story modes. Just doubt we're actually gonna get it due to a really messy launch and the aftermath of that. But I'd love Black Panther, Spider-Man, Dr. Strange, Ant-Man, Wasp, Captain Marvel and maybe some more Young Avengers. But I doubt any of that is gonna happen at this point.
    Last edited by Odd Rödney; 03-09-2021 at 08:17 AM. Reason: Typos: Zero Tolerance
    "Kids don't care **** about superhero comic books. And if they do, they probably start with manga, with One Punch-Man or My Hero Academia. " -ImOctavius.

It is the more probable outcome, assuming they don't try again to make use of them Avengers $$$

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    Page me when they've burned all of this down and brought in RockSteady to make an X-Men game.
    Speaking of other studios; I'd love to see Raven Software financed by a well paying company that is not Activision, and give us something special. Open and hire old employees again if the studio was shut down, cause staff there at least knew how to make good use of Marvel characters and set environments taken from comics and sprinkle comics references.
    And hopefully they improve their craft to present us a truly magnificent game.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

I'm conflicted with this game, myself. I ran a couple missions today (solo) after months of not playing, and I can see the good game lurking inside. I really feel like a few healthy updates and a big fat DLC could solve a lot of the problems. Or at least build some momentum. For all the issues with the game I do believe there's potential here.

But the game I can envision in my head is not what we have, and the odds of the devs turning things around seem slimmer by the day. Given what 2020 was like, I can be forgiving as all hell, but they're what, five months behind schedule now?
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    I'm conflicted with this game, myself. I ran a couple missions today (solo) after months of not playing, and I can see the good game lurking inside. I really feel like a few healthy updates and a big fat DLC could solve a lot of the problems. Or at least build some momentum. For all the issues with the game I do believe there's potential here.

But the game I can envision in my head is not what we have, and the odds of the devs turning things around seem slimmer by the day. Given what 2020 was like, I can be forgiving as all hell, but they're what, five months behind schedule now?
    I don't think a fat DLC would solve the game's issues. The game has a repetitive missions structure, loot that doesn't matter, favoring using generic enemies over actual super villains, and characters that feel incomplete until you reach max level. I feel the game needs a revamp.

The game has been out for 6 months. The problem is this hasnt happened yet. The momentum is gone, they've lost alot of people and the new update that will make it harder to grind actively turns off new users

I don't think a fat DLC would solve the game's issues. The game has a repetitive missions structure, loot that doesn't matter, favoring using generic enemies over actual super villains, and characters that feel incomplete until you reach max level. I feel the game needs a revamp.
    Repetition is indeed a major issue, but more variety in missions, maps, bad guys, and gear going forward would help get us moving in the right direction. And the characters feel incomplete until max level, but how long does that take to reach? Not long, I got Kate to level 50 (or whatever the max is) real damn quick. A revamp could be great but definitely doesn't seem to be in the cards like it was for Final Fantasy 14 and I'm honestly not sure if it's actually necessary, I figure if the game could double the options we have right now (and there's not much so that shouldn't be too hard to achieve, under decent circumstances) and make those additions more diverse, that'd be a huge fix. Wouldn't fix *everything* but it'd be a big step in the right direction.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    The game has been out for 6 months. The problem is this hasnt happened yet. The momentum is gone, they've lost alot of people and the new update that will make it harder to grind actively turns off new users
    That's what I'm saying. If they still intend for this game to survive they're doing a piss poor job of it. Kate and Clint weren't even supposed to be the "big deal" DLC right? They were just supposed to hold us over until the Wakanda stuff hit, I think? We're five-six months behind schedule just getting a couple minor additions out and the odds of getting that big fat Wakanda DLC seem pretty low right now.

When the game launched and we had all these bugs and lack of content, I said "2020 has sucked and these guys finished the game from home, that's a hell of a hurdle so let's give them the benefit of the doubt and hopefully within twelve months we'll be well on our way to this game realizing its potential." Well, we're six months into that (very generous) leeway period and the only thing that's been added is Kate and a few new missions (with Clint coming in a few days I guess). As much as I don't want to, it's probably time to call this game's time of death.

And I have no idea what gear-nerfing patch y'all are talking about. Is it live? I got decent enough gear upgrades yesterday.....
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

And I have no idea what gear-nerfing patch y'all are talking about. Is it live? I got decent enough gear upgrades yesterday.....
    The update goes live when the next gen version drops. Its not about gears, but levelling

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...in-next-update

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    The update goes live when the next gen version drops. Its not about gears, but levelling

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...in-next-update
    Oh, that's dumb. I'd be cool with levelling taking more time, if there was more variety and more options to go with that. I was actually kinda surprised at how quick Kate got to level 50; even at launch it didn't take long to level someone up but Kate literally took a couple hours or so, and that was it. So it if takes longer to level, that's more incentive to play more....but nobody's gonna put in the time when we're just cycling the same handful of missions with the same handful of bad guys.

I so desperately want to hold onto some hope for this game, that it'll reach the potential I see in it. But I think it'd take a small miracle for that to happen at this point, if it's even still possible at all.

~ Black Panther.