Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ShooCat View Post
    That's a bit harsh. Nothing is on par with the Std Conan the Barbarian Omnibus Vol. 1 opera cover. ;-)
    Yeah, I guess you're right I'm just pretty annoyed about that Doctor Aphra cover.

Wait on, the Amazing Spider-Man Vol. 4 Omnibus Std cover comes very close to the Conan cover in Worst Omnibus cover of the century

Quote Originally Posted by Rimmer View Post
    Agreed. The only thing that would really possibly be relevant and used later by other writers is Tony's relationship with his birth mother gets expanded on (that whole plot point started back in Bendis' run) and Tony's dealings with his brother Arno. All the other Jocasta/Machine Man "do machines have souls?" stuff was okay, but nothing memorable. Coming from a big Iron Man comics fan, I'm not getting the omni. Not that it tells you much, but I'm not a fairweather fan, I just know I will probably never read it, so I'm not buying it. I have plenty of other books to read in front of it (including many other IM books). Now Slott's FF run? That is great stuff. But his IM is just so-so; not terrible but nothing memorable.
    Yeah, there is the Arno stuff that may have consequences later. I'm getting pretty tired of the birth mother plot. Slott was excellent on Silver Surfer and early ASM (Big Time) but after Superior Spider-Man, ASM started to get annoying . It was a chore to get through ASM Worldwide (although Spider-Verse wasn't bad) and the Iron Man run. Yes, his FF run is pretty ok.

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    Yeah, I guess you're right I'm just pretty annoyed about that Doctor Aphra cover.

Wait on, the Amazing Spider-Man Vol. 4 Omnibus Std cover comes very close to the Conan cover in Worst Omnibus cover of the century
    Heheh, that's a strong contender - as is Ramos's stiff Green Goblin on Std Omni 2, but still that Conan cover reigns supreme!

Quote Originally Posted by Hive View Post
    I love that classic ASM Hobgoblin cover.
    It was one of my favorite covers when I was a kid. I have a TPB with this cover, still one of the best covers around today IMO.

Jeeze, Aphra's already sold out everywhere.

I'm really getting sick of this crap when a book sells out completely on the day it's released (without even having an opportunity to pre-order), and it never comes back into stock.

Used to be we had a few months until a book would sell out - now we don't even get weeks or days, but freaking hours ! So annoying!

Quote Originally Posted by ShooCat View Post
    Heheh, that's a strong contender - as is Ramos's stiff Green Goblin on Std Omni 2, but still that Conan cover reigns supreme!
    Ha! I have that Ramos ASM Vol. 2 cover. You know even though I'm not a fan of Ramos (I hate that he's drawn part of Spencer's run), that cover never bothered me but I know it's universally hated. I'm comforted by having the first printing with the faux leather cover and thick quality paper

But yeah, by Crom, the Conan cover can not be touched.

Quote Originally Posted by slop101 View Post

I'm really getting sick of this crap when a book sells out completely on the day it's released (without even having an opportunity to pre-order), and it never comes back into stock.

Used to be we had a few months until a book would sell out - now we don't even get weeks or days, but freaking hours ! So annoying!
    X of Swords Hardcover sold out in 4 minutes on instocktrades two weeks back. Both covers. Four minutes! I was curious, so I sat there and refreshed the site for a few minutes.

This harkens back to a page or 2 back in this very thread, talking about that collector youtuber who doesnt even read the books - the comic trade market currently seems flooded with collectors, just like people scrambling for the NES Nintendo Mini a few years ago. If youre not sitting there exactly at release time hitting F5 to refresh - you're out of luck. It makes it tough for genuine fans of this stuff who just want to read it - to even buy a copy. It sucks.
    Currently Reading:
    Milligan's Shade the Changing Man, Vertigo Hellblazer trades, Love and Rockets TPBs, Stray Bullets TPBs, Ellis' The Wildstorm

Amazing Member

It’s even worse for us here in the UK, some books don’t even seem to reach these shores these days, and others are sold out straight away.

It was a chore to get through ASM Worldwide (although Spider-Verse wasn't bad)
    Wait, what? Oh damn... you could have told me that 3 days ago, before I ordered most of the Worldwide trades...

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Destro777 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by slop101 View Post

X of Swords Hardcover sold out in 4 minutes on instocktrades two weeks back. Both covers. Four minutes! I was curious, so I sat there and refreshed the site for a few minutes.

This harkens back to a page or 2 back in this very thread, talking about that collector youtuber who doesnt even read the books - the comic trade market currently seems flooded with collectors, just like people scrambling for the NES Nintendo Mini a few years ago. If youre not sitting there exactly at release time hitting F5 to refresh - you're out of luck. It makes it tough for genuine fans of this stuff who just want to read it - to even buy a copy. It sucks.
    This is a harsh sentiment going around, maybe even picking up momentum that isn't fair. The premise is based on an assumption.
    Just because the purchase you want for your next read isn't someone elses, but they still want it, doesn't make them a disingenuous fan.

I've been on both sides. Gotten a copy and missed out. Excrement happens.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Hank View Post
    Whew, my UXM vol.4 and Claremont/Lee vol.2 omnis finally got "picked & scanned", had them in the same order. I was sweating about possibly not getting the UXM omni cause I might've preordered too late.
    I put in an order of older books the day before UXM vol 4 came out, because I didn’t want the hot new DM cover that might accidentally be over-ordered to conflict with an easy to ship batch of books that have been sitting around waiting to be bought.

The UXM Omni shipped out the next day, while half of the other order is still waiting to be picked and scanned weeks later. Go figure.
    Last edited by csista; 03-12-2021 at 02:50 PM.

Incredible Member

I had pre ordered both UXM 4 ans ASM 2, so far only X-men has been picked.

Quote Originally Posted by Hive View Post
    Wait, what? Oh damn... you could have told me that 3 days ago, before I ordered most of the Worldwide trades...
    Oops!

At least it's not Humberto Ramos on art with his wonky pointy slaspsticky lines. Giuseppe Camuncoli on art duties isn't bad at all and there are some nice Alex Ross covers

Incredible Member

I picked up the first Worldwide trade on digital quite a while back and still hasn't finished it.

Oops!

At least it's not Humberto Ramos on art with his wonky pointy slaspsticky lines. Giuseppe Camuncoli on art duties isn't bad at all and there are some nice Alex Ross covers
    Yeah the covers were actually what lured me in.