View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1345 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 34584512451295133513411342134313441345134613471348134913551395 ... LastLast
Results 20,161 to 20,175 of 21662
    Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by doolittle View Post
    Fun times. They're both sitting on my shelf. Fool me once, shame on me. Fool me a dozen times, I must be into oversized reprints of comics.
    Seriously! I'm totally the target audience, because I will buy guilty pleasure material (like 90's events) over and over in any format they re-re-release it in...
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    Seriously! I'm totally the target audience, because I will buy guilty pleasure material (like 90's events) over and over in any format they re-re-release it in...
    Knowing that you're doing it, makes me feel less guilty about doing it.

Incredible Member

Oh man, I just ordered Morrison's Action Comics Omnibus and then read about the mistake on one page. I won't cancel it but it's annoying.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Batgrayson View Post
    Oh man, I just ordered Morrison's Action Comics Omnibus and then read about the mistake on one page. I won't cancel it but it's annoying.
    Yes, it's mega frustrating. I pre-ordered it. I haven't yet received it but I won't also be cancelling. Can anyone confirm which issue the missing word balloons are from? I ask because I believe I heard it's from issue 2 and if so I'm kind of covered in that I believe I have the floppy. I bought quite a few N52 single issues back in the day.... I just can't see DC reaching out to the retailer and/or customer with replacements. Not this time. Maybe a reprint down the road.

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    Yes, it's mega frustrating. I pre-ordered it. I haven't yet received it but I won't also be cancelling. Can anyone confirm which issue the missing word balloons are from? I ask because I believe I heard it's from issue 2 and if so I'm kind of covered in that I believe I have the floppy. I bought quite a few N52 single issues back in the day.... I just can't see DC reaching out to the retailer and/or customer with replacements. Not this time. Maybe a reprint down the road.
    Whats really crazy is I have a TPB of the Morrison N52 Superman - and the exact same problem pages from the new Omni are actually completely missing from my TPB copy. The pages are simply not in the TPB. I have the books in floppies so i checked and knew something was wrong. I didnt read the TP till months after i bought it so i was never able to return it.

Long story short - DC has trouble printing Morrison's N52 Superman for some reason!

Also dont forget they also spelled a creator's name wrong in the Omni - its lazy and careless. Unacceptable.
    Currently Reading:
    Milligan's Shade the Changing Man, Vertigo Hellblazer trades, Love and Rockets TPBs, Stray Bullets TPBs, Ellis' The Wildstorm

Quote Originally Posted by Destro777 View Post
    Whats really crazy is I have a TPB of the Morrison N52 Superman - and the exact same problem pages from the new Omni are actually completely missing from my TPB copy. The pages are simply not in the TPB. I have the books in floppies so i checked and knew something was wrong. I didnt read the TP till months after i bought it so i was never able to return it.

Long story short - DC has trouble printing Morrison's N52 Superman for some reason!

Also dont forget they also spelled a creator's name wrong in the Omni - its lazy and careless. Unacceptable.
    Yes, instead of Sholly Fisch, they wrote Sholly Finch. What a shame.

Could anyone confirm which issue the "missing" page is from?

Spectacular Member

Looks like the sixth Teen Titans Omnibus has been cancelled ...

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    Yes, instead of Sholly Fisch, they wrote Sholly Finch. What a shame.

Could anyone confirm which issue the "missing" page is from?
    Edit: I just pulled out my floppies, and yes, the missing word balloons are from p.8 of Action Comics #2.

Quote Originally Posted by Destro777 View Post

I think you have a misprinted trade. There aren't any missing pages in the copy I have. That's most likely a printer error that's very hard for publishers to catch.

Hmm so I opened my GL by Johns omni #3 and was surprised to find that the "Brightest Day" event is not in it. Any way to get that in oversized HC besides that specific omni? Seems out of print now.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Hank View Post
    Hmm so I opened my GL by Johns omni #3 and was surprised to find that the "Brightest Day" event is not in it. Any way to get that in oversized HC besides that specific omni? Seems out of print now.
    Nope.

There were three standard sized HC's that came out years ago, but those are also out of print. Although I think they're still relatively cheap on the secondary market, if you wanna try Amazon or eBay.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Bet they left Brightest Day out because it sets up a bunch of plot lines that go nowhere because of the reboot
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    Nope.

There were three standard sized HC's that came out years ago, but those are also out of print. Although I think they're still relatively cheap on the secondary market, if you wanna try Amazon or eBay.
    Thank you, I'll check those out. The big Blackest Night/Brightest Day set that came out recently is too rich for me, but maybe they'll reprint the omni in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Bet they left Brightest Day out because it sets up a bunch of plot lines that go nowhere because of the reboot
    Ha, well this doesn't surprise me either.

Yesterday's solicits didn't include all of the collected editions for some reason, but here's a screenshot of everything that should have been in there according to the newest Connect catalogue:
    Capture.JPG

The full solicits, including price, format, contents etc are in the catalogue - https://www.dccomics.com/sites/defau...Connect_11.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    Yesterday's solicits didn't include all of the collected editions for some reason, but here's a screenshot of everything that should have been in there according to the newest Connect catalogue:
    Capture.JPG

The full solicits, including price, format, contents etc are in the catalogue - https://www.dccomics.com/sites/defau...Connect_11.pdf
    Thanks! Although they still look rather slim :/

All those Young Adult OGNs are killing my vibes. I'm probably wrong... But I have a theory DC is pushing those instead of collected editions.