Page 11 of 33 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cane_danko View Post
    They should make a storm and illyana book. A new one but this time with the real storm and they have to do something in limbo for 4 issues. Hickman can write it or he can give it to someone else i just want it.
    At the very least they should have her confront what happened to the alternate X-Men in Limbo, especially her mercy-killing Ororo and Cat. It's the one trauma from her time in Limbo that seems to go completely unaddressed.

that was so long ago at this point that the ship has sailed. I dont think it can realistically be brought up as a trauma for her now as that would seem to come out of nowhere like 35 years later. They could have done something with her and Old Man Logan when they both were in Extraordinary but that was a missed oppurtunity

Extraordinary Member

The best time to do that would have been with the Sapna storyline. Having to kill her own student to save her from demonic possession should have brought back what it was like to mercy-kill Cat and Ororo and made Illyana question whether she'd grown since those early days when she was did the exact same thing. And that storyline really needed that extra hook.

But I very much disagree that 'that ship has sailed' because the trauma was long ago. That's not how trauma works. Burying it doesn't make it go away.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    https://www.cbr.com/x-men-cable-magik-limbo-queen/

Interesting take since Illyana has mostly been seen as a pretty neglectful ruler of Limbo, with the only time she actually a lot of time there doing any ruling being when she was missing all of her soul. It makes sense given that she has spent most of her life hating the place. Despite her neglect of Limbo the demons seem to really like her. There were the demons who were begging her to stay and rule them during Inferno when she was in her Darkchild form, and there were the demons who tried to rescue her when she was imprisoned on Utopia.

But in terms of leadership, she's always had the tactical skills. It's the inspiring others to follow her that's always been her problem. The New Mutants beat the Demon Bear very quickly once she decided to take charge and tell them all what to do, and she came up entirely with the plan that defeated the Shadow King after deciding Dani wasn't willing to do what was necessary. We've seen her long-term planning in the Zeb Wells run and her ability to make quick decisions in the heat of battle in the Bendis run. Dead Souls showed her team constantly not listening to her because they didn't trust or feared her, even though she was almost always right. In the Krakoa era this has changed, with most people listening whenever she takes charge - the only exception so far has been the teen bullies in the most recent New Mutants who were very quickly put in their place.

The big question is, how much of this is due to her own growth and becoming the sort of leader people listen to, and how much of it is just respect for the office of the captain.
    Since her return she’s kept the demons in line and she has kept Nastirh imprisoned. I think she’s been very attentive to Limbo. She just doesn’t spend all of her time there.

BANNED

The best time to do that would have been with the Sapna storyline. Having to kill her own student to save her from demonic possession should have brought back what it was like to mercy-kill Cat and Ororo and made Illyana question whether she'd grown since those early days when she was did the exact same thing. And that storyline really needed that extra hook.

But I very much disagree that 'that ship has sailed' because the trauma was long ago. That's not how trauma works. Burying it doesn't make it go away.
    Plus with all the stuff about Storm bring a goddess it would still make a great series if together they had to defeat magical inter dimensional threats.

Its not bc it was so long ago; its that its never been brought up. Storm having a claustrophobic episode wouldnt seem odd despite the initial trauma happening decades ago bc it has been something that has recurred over the years. It would feel like it came out of nowhere if they were to do what you suggest with Illyana bc it hasnt been an issue with her, especially during times when it could have been (as you yourself allude to)

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Plus with all the stuff about Storm bring a goddess it would still make a great series if together they had to defeat magical inter dimensional threats.
    The sooner this nonsense gets dumped by Marvel, the better.

This is not true at all. Magik was deaged for a long time and then dead for even longer. For the current magik, the time she spent in limbo would still be hella traumatic. My idea for a new storm and magik would not be about rehashing what happened before anyway. It needs to be a totally new dynamic with just throwback mentions to the original. Overall, it needs to be a brand new story that has a lasting effect on both characters.

Gawd I wanna know what Yana's Gala Gettup is gonna look like. I know we got that beautiful cover by Pepe but the angle doesn't lend to exceptional detail like all of Dauterman's design pages. Gahhhh

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Gawd I wanna know what Yana's Gala Gettup is gonna look like. I know we got that beautiful cover by Pepe but the angle doesn't lend to exceptional detail like all of Dauterman's design pages. Gahhhh
    saaame i've been waiting for the second new mutants cover to be released. I really want to see it!!

Extraordinary Member

I would expect the next batch of covers to be released later this week, at the same time they first batch were released last month.

Quote Originally Posted by lunarmagik View Post
    saaame i've been waiting for the second new mutants cover to be released. I really want to see it!!
    Like, what's going on there, you know? Its a seemingly full body black cat suit....but there is some white and orange(?) drappery that looks like its acting as a skirt(?) and then some kind of material or magical something or other is floating around her head to form horns?

Extraordinary Member

I can see Illyana going: "Feh, all these girls trying so hard to be fancy and avant garde. Just wear black. Black always works."

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Cane_danko View Post
    This is not true at all. Magik was deaged for a long time and then dead for even longer. For the current magik, the time she spent in limbo would still be hella traumatic. My idea for a new storm and magik would not be about rehashing what happened before anyway. It needs to be a totally new dynamic with just throwback mentions to the original. Overall, it needs to be a brand new story that has a lasting effect on both characters.
    Actually, we recently saw adult Magik and Storm, butheads in Extraordinary X-Men to the point where Magik shouted at her who died and made you queen of all mutants. Later on Storm called Magik out on her attitude, and Magik said it was because she had been stressed and apologized.

That very well could have been because the alternate Storm was her mentor and Magik was having flashbacks of alternate Storm. Magik once attacked Kate Pryde with her soulsword, but I think that was because of PTSD. She briefly saw her as Kat from Limbo.

Limbo Storm and Cat were her mentors, and that alone should put strain in her relationship with Storm and Kate as having anyone as your mentor in Limbo cannot be pleasant.

It would be very interesting to see those issues explored in a new Magik and Storm mini series.