Page 17 of 70 FirstFirst ... 71314151617181920212767 ... LastLast
    Galaxies Wanderer

Quote Originally Posted by Fort Nerd View Post
    Hiya. I finished illustrating the first issue of Inhumans: Birthright. I'm not sure if I wanna continue doing this right now, but if you're curious here's what I have so far.

https://imgur.com/gallery/b8O6jCP
    Glad you retconned DoTI... "Triton is alive. What did it cost?" "Gorgon." -sobs-

Unfortunately I have no constructive criticism to give :/
    I feel kinda... bittersweet saying that but an alliance between mutants and inhumans would make me happy or at least less dreary(?) about everything.

also, maybe creating a new thread for it would get more attention? (if you want to!) I think you deserve it, you did some good work here. edit: if its allowed
    Last edited by Chocomancer; 04-03-2021 at 11:50 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fort Nerd View Post
    I have a rough outline of a story in which Maximus is pitched against Loki in a sort of duel to see who's the better trickster.
    All I can think how the story starts it being something like this

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Do you think the Inhumans will show up in the upcoming Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur cartoon?
    I doubt it. Heck I won’t be surprised if Lunella won’t even be an Inhuman at all in the show since she mostly relies on her gadgets to fight anyway.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

My guess is she'll be Inhuman, but Inhumans won't show up.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

When you consider how mum things were about Fantastic Four, after the last movie, and even into the news that they would be in the MCU

it is not surprising that the Inhumans will only slowly appear in the MCU, eventually.

I could see the same sort of eggs or mentions that have appeared in various movies about things that have, or still not have panned out.
    I'm not in favor of retconning the ABC series, but maybe changing context. I have no idea how to do that; time periods?

As for comics, I always enjoy them, but being old-school, I really like the Royal family the most. But something different and intriguing would be getting me to look at it.

I didn't know Lunella was also Inhuman?

Question I have about 'inhumans' like Lunella or Ms. Marvel. Okay, they're descended from folks who broke off from the main colonies of Inhumans? But wouldn't their immediate parents also be this and wouldn't Terrigen releases also have altered them?

How do children get exposed to Terrigen, when proximity would indicate other family members.

But admittedly I've not followed either characters stories so I don't know anything about their families.
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    I'm not in favor of retconning the ABC series, but maybe changing context. I have no idea how to do that; time periods?
    I'm in favor of removing all traces of it from public record, keeping Iwan Rheon as Maximus and recasting Anson Mount as someone else who fits him better.

Astonishing Member

When you consider how mum things were about Fantastic Four, after the last movie, and even into the news that they would be in the MCU

it is not surprising that the Inhumans will only slowly appear in the MCU, eventually.

I could see the same sort of eggs or mentions that have appeared in various movies about things that have, or still not have panned out.

As for comics, I always enjoy them, but being old-school, I really like the Royal family the most. But something different and intriguing would be getting me to look at it.

I didn't know Lunella was also Inhuman?

Question I have about 'inhumans' like Lunella or Ms. Marvel. Okay, they're descended from folks who broke off from the main colonies of Inhumans? But wouldn't their immediate parents also be this and wouldn't Terrigen releases also have altered them?

How do children get exposed to Terrigen, when proximity would indicate other family members.

But admittedly I've not followed either characters stories so I don't know anything about their families.
    It seems to indicate that due to years of human DNA being added it made sometimes the genes weaker, considering Terrigen has shown almost to be aware of what it is doing, it may have only changed Nuhumans that it felt would be the best to go through the process. Ms. Marvel and Moongirl where also away from their familes when the were exposed to Terrigen, so there is also that reason but people like Inferno/Dante his sister wasn't changed but her baby was.

Thanks for the explanation.

On the subject of Inhumans casting, Previous post, matters not so much; some similar appearance is nice, but BB wears a mask, so you can use that to some degree. I didn't think any actor was so exceptional that they should be retained. Anson was as good - or better than Iwan, to me.
    ~ Oberon ~
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Astonishing Member

Thanks for the explanation.

On the subject of Inhumans casting, Previous post, matters not so much; some similar appearance is nice, but BB wears a mask, so you can use that to some degree. I didn't think any actor was so exceptional that they should be retained. Anson was as good - or better than Iwan, to me.
    Your welcome.

It is also their work in other things. People (myself included) wanted Iwan because of Ramsey from Game of Thrones, but if the director and/or writers have characters preform and/or written in a certain way that is on them not the actors. For Black Bolt it is more body acting than vocal, all important.

Most of the cast were adequate, the makeup severely lacked for Triton and Gorgon. They needed more money and 'actual' support to have been a better show.
    ~ Oberon ~

Most of the cast were adequate, the makeup severely lacked for Triton and Gorgon. They needed more money and 'actual' support to have been a better show.
    Well that’s what happens when you hire someone like Scott Buck to be a show runner.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    Well that’s what happens when you hire someone like Scott Buck to be a show runner.
    The whole show was rushed into production and I feel like it was out of spite for Feige. Scott buck also is the reason the first season of iron fist was terrible (I thought the second was much better)
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

Quote Originally Posted by Seren View Post
    The whole show was rushed into production and I feel like it was out of spite for Feige. Scott buck also is the reason the first season of iron fist was terrible (I thought the second was much better)
    It was definitely made out of spite. Especially since the Inhumans were Perlmutters pet project and Feige canceled their movie the minute he got full creative control of the MCU.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda

Astonishing Member

The fact it was put right away on the, Friday night death slot, right away shows that not really anyone was happy for it. The base line for the story wasn't bad but the way it was handled was the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Chocomancer View Post
    Glad you retconned DoTI... "Triton is alive. What did it cost?" "Gorgon." -sobs-

Unfortunately I have no constructive criticism to give :/
    I feel kinda... bittersweet saying that but an alliance between mutants and inhumans would make me happy or at least less dreary(?) about everything.

also, maybe creating a new thread for it would get more attention? (if you want to!) I think you deserve it, you did some good work here. edit: if its allowed
    Interesting suggestion of a mutant/Inhuman alliance. It made me think of how they've previously married Crystal off to cement an alliance. I could see another arranged marriage concocted in that situation. Crystal and Havok? Storm and Gorgon?