Page 479 of 664 FirstFirst ... 379429469475476477478479480481482483489529579 ... LastLast
Results 7,171 to 7,185 of 9952
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    I called him RightClops because Marvel's intended end for him, as a villainous Magneto-expy, didn't work any more than trying to replace the X-Men with the Inhumans.

I've gone on record as saying that Scott shouldn't have had such a big focus in that era of X-Men, but let's not pretend that there weren't other X-Books where he didn't appear in at all.

I'll give you the Magneto bowing thing, I think I know what they were trying to do for the narrative (characters aside) but this interaction should've been more understated.
    yea that was just a horrible period of what marvel was trying to do then. as you see as soon as they got the rights to the xmen the inhumans went to being virtually non-existent.

I know he didn't appear in other books, as we know Wolverine has been the mutant face across the company for eons now. however, Cyclops was still very pivotal to the stories told for years even before Xavier fully left the picture. I know his fans want to see him in beyond being captain cameo but he's definitely had his fair share of stories to allow others to take center stage while he just enjoys life. though I'm sure he will be more active again once his team gets fully off the ground

I dont believe I can find any reason why this would make sense. there were clearly a lot of cyclops fans during this period in the creative side of things lol.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Cyclops did many things on Hickman's run, he has some good moments. I hope it won't be the same as it was when fraction/Whedon wrote him

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    Cyclops did many things on Hickman's run, he has some good moments. I hope it won't be the same as it was when fraction/Whedon wrote him
    I know its not most popular but as I said I like hickmans Scott and whet he's been doing with the summers/Grey clan. I'm sure there is even better things to come for them in the team book they will be leading.

there are other character favorites that need some love including nightcrawler, colossus, gambit, rogue, iceman, etc. they been represented to some degree but I think its been lacking overall thus far.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

The biggest fans of HickmanClops aren't Cyclops fans...
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

They accepted because narrative painted Scott as good guy

LOis and Clark ar wholesome and they hve been making success for almost 100 years.

Gonna say that it was a bad take from Morrison. Male characters get all powerful and aren't some distant gods. Thor is a literal God!! recently he got many ups and still isn't completely aloof like Jean was.

She was pining after him, she still with him after all this time

It was time for editors step up and rewrite this scene. No wonder Frction run was so awful
    The narrative didn't paint Cyclops as the good guy, what books were you reading?

Yeah, we agree it was a bad take from Morrison.
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

that may be true but he's hell of a lot more likeable now.

at least he's not taking orders from kitty. it could be worse.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

I love Cyclops and I like Hickman's Cyclops, sooooo....

They accepted because narrative painted Scott as good guy
    Fans aren't a hive mind, not everyone accepted the relationship for the same reasons.

Still doesn't change the fact that the narrative isn't only sympathetic to Scott. And if some prefer Scott with Emma or like both relationships, that does not automatically equate to disliking Jean.

LOis and Clark ar wholesome and they hve been making success for almost 100 years.
    They are a different couple with a different writing staff. And while I'm a Lois/Clark shipper, their actual marriage as written most of the time is pretty boring.

And they were most definitely not wholesome in the Silver Age, they were both incredibly dysfunctional and terrible to each other.

Gonna say that it was a bad take from Morrison. Male characters get all powerful and aren't some distant gods. Thor is a literal God!! recently he got many ups and still isn't completely aloof like Jean was.
    Thor doesn't start out as a human and become a God, so his perspective is going to be incredibly different.
    And it's all moot anyway, because she wasn't aloof.

She was pining after him, she still with him after all this time
    We're talking about Morrison's run, not stuff almost 20 years later when they are loooooong out of the writing picture.
    And in the actual run, she had other stuff going on. Anything past that in any discussions for their run is irrelevant.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Alan Davis is overrated as an artist. My first exposure to him was during his late 90s run on X-men. His art looked terrible especially in comparison to Kubert who was drawing Uncanny.
    Ooh, that is so much juicer than this rightclops crap! Makes me want to fight you! Exactly what this thread is all about. Go you, with your unaccountable taste.

Not an unpopular opinion but a false fact. I stuck with cyclops though it all and was team Scott. From operation zero, abandoning Maddie, x factor, champions, 05, the solor with his dad. The problem is some of ya"ll act like this is real. Like these characters are their friends or children they are watching grow up but in fact people have no actual rights to them or how they are or are not portrayed.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Saturius View Post
    I think this was around the same time Nick Lowe was X-men editor and said he saw the X-men franchise as the story of Cyclops. Clueless people and thinking like that is why you get scenes like this.

To get back on topic though.... making Psylocke a telekinetic during Revolution was awful and never should have happened. She should have just stayed a telepath. All the crap going on with her powers over the years is dumb.
    I seem to remember it was actually Axel Alonso who said the X-Men books were actually Cyclops' story all along circa Messiah Complex... a cringe-worthy statement, not to mention objectively untrue, if there was ever one.

And agreed that making Psylocke a telekinetic was a dumb idea on Claremont's part. Never liked it and never thought it fit the character and felt it was never used well. Chris was so obsessed with those power swaps/merging. It was a shame Fraction didn't get rid of it once he brought Betsy back into the fold.

Fraction run was a hot mess. That whole hunt for Polaris thing, I remember during that time I absolutely hated how her powers looked like stringy cheap green lightning. Austen lorna to this day is hands down my fave lorna followed by peter David x factor version. The run where she found out her past.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Alan Davis is overrated as an artist. My first exposure to him was during his late 90s run on X-men. His art looked terrible especially in comparison to Kubert who was drawing Uncanny.
    I adore Alan Davis and strongly disagree that he's overrated... but I will concede his 90s X-Men stuff was very weak compared to the rest of his art. I guess plotting 2 books, putting up with Powers/Harras AND pencilling a book almost monthly took a bit of a toll. His later stuff on adjectiveless however circa the Rogue/Nightcrawler/Shadowcat adventures in New York, looked so much better than his initial run though.

Good lord Tini needs writing partner. So many goo ideas in Excalibur 20, easily her best issue in my opinion but it just jumps all over the place it feels like. NEw characters are getting more back story and pov than characters who have been in the book for 20 issues.

And boy does she write a mean xavier. lol
    Last edited by jwatson; 04-07-2021 at 05:23 AM.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Good lord Tini needs writing partner. So many goo ideas in Excalibur 20, easily her best issue in my opinion but it just jumps all over the place it feels like. NEw characters are getting more back story and pov than characters who have been in the book for 20 issues.

And boy does she write a mean xavier. lol
    You're right, and both issues today expose the problem of the books having a set "team". Technically, there are a few really popular characters who have a home on a book, but in practice they're just background characters.

I don't really know how this can be solved except by producing even more books though - e.g. Mr And Mrs X. I don't think it'd be good for the books for writers to be forced to base stories about particular characters just because they are popular, but it is a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Good lord Tini needs writing partner.
    I kind of wish having two writers on a book was more normalized. TV shows and movies have multiple writers on deck and with characters this old sometimes I feel like it would help to have multiple perspectives. Of course it would have to be a good partnership, otherwise drama would ensue, but that’s my two cents.