Page 273 of 283 FirstFirst ... 173223263269270271272273274275276277 ... LastLast
Results 4,081 to 4,095 of 4237

Thread: Wandavision

Quote Originally Posted by Clea View Post
    Does WandaVision occur before or after Ragnarok? For all we know, she's become a threat after WandaVision. It may be possible that Marvel will present some sort of scaled down version of Wanda becoming possessed by Chthon via the Darkholm as part of her next storyline. Marvel has been inconsistent with their portrayal of Wanda. She's gone back and forth as villain or hero. They've shown her being possessed by Immortus in Avengers West Coast, and by Chthon. They've shown her completely losing her mind because of her powers and rewriting reality. They had her aligned with Hydra in the movies. I'm hoping that if they do decide explore any of this with Wanda in her upcoming appearances, that they don't go off the deep end and have her go crazy or become flat out evil. I'd prefer it if they had her deal with her increased powers in more of a moral choice: with great powers come great responsibility. Just having a natural aptitude for power isn't enough to make someone a hero. Maybe they'll have her realize that she does need more training, which would be a nice way to bring Agatha Harkness back into Wanda's future MCU stories in the role of mentor, as she was in the comics.
    It'd be tragic to the character if they did that. She hasn't had much time as a hero. If they keep doing stuff like that, it'd be difficult to categorize her as a hero. I'd rather the Scarlet Witch title being handled as is and just be tied to the power. That she powers herself up at times like an anime character. Chthon could be a villain of her's but I'm not here for possession. When they just had her manipulated by Agatha.

I want her to instead study about her powers and controlling them and deal with loss in a healthier way than the show had her do it.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    It'd be tragic to the character if they did that. She hasn't had much time as a hero. If they keep doing stuff like that, it'd be difficult to categorize her as a hero. I'd rather the Scarlet Witch title being handled as is and just be tied to the power. That she powers herself up at times like an anime character. Chthon could be a villain of her's but I'm not here for possession. When they just had her manipulated by Agatha.

I want her to instead study about her powers and controlling them and deal with loss in a healthier way than the show had her do it.
    I agree with you. I'm seriously hoping that the MCU doesn't decide to go for the extreme crazy/extreme evil path they've put Wanda through in different storylines in the comics. The showrunners like to tease that Wanda now has vast powers over reality and now knows that her kids are alive in a different dimension, so what will she do? Use to powers to rewrite reality to suit herself (and thus follow the darker storylines in the comics) or perhaps will she simply master the ability to travel between dimensions like Strange does, and rescue her kids without hurting anyone or changing reality? I'm hoping for the latter. I was never a fan of the phase Marvel went through when they turned their heroes into anti-heroes in the books, but they were especially awful to Wanda and I would hate to see that darker path be repeated in the MCU. I hope they just let her master her powers, gain more knowledge, rescue her kids, and be a hero.
    Last edited by Clea; 04-12-2021 at 01:01 PM.
    Live Faust, Die Jung.

I agree with you. I'm seriously hoping that the MCU doesn't decide to go for the extreme crazy/extreme evil path they've put Wanda through in different storylines in the comics. The showrunners like to tease that Wanda now has vast powers over reality and now knows that her kids are alive in a different dimension, so what will she do? Use to powers to rewrite reality to suit herself (and thus follow the darker storylines in the comics) or perhaps will she simply master the ability to travel between dimensions like Strange does, and rescue her kids without hurting anyone or changing reality? I'm hoping for the later. I was never a fan of the phase Marvel went through when they turned their heroes into anti-heroes in the books, but they were especially awful to Wanda and I would hate to see that darker path be repeated in the MCU. I hope they just let her master her powers, gain more knowledge, rescue her kids, and be a hero.
    This is what I hope for too. There's no reason to have her go through Westview if she doesn't learn and grow from it.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

What would y'all consider crossing a line in Wanda's goal to retrieve Billy & Tommy? How far is too far? I feel that if she doesn't do enough people will judge her seems like a lose lose.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Since Empyre I just hate all suggestions of mentor type relationship between Wanda & Strange I'm hoping she shits on him & makes him second fiddle in his own movie, honestly whatever storyline they make for him is not why I'm interested in seeing this movie.
    Okay, I've been lurking here last few pages, but this almost made me snort coffee!

Yay! I so agree.

DS 2 should be Dr. Strange needing her, and possibly other's help in figuring out what is the menace to the multiverse and how to help it.
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

This is what I hope for too. There's no reason to have her go through Westview if she doesn't learn and grow from it.
    I'm really hoping that what happened in Westview is the MCU's nicer, simplified version of the unhinged events in House of M/Avengers Disassembled, and they just move on from there. It seems to me that the MCU storylines really simplify the events in the comics. The MCU characters often seem like nicer versions of their comics selves. I really hope that the MCU is kinder to Wanda than the comics have been.
    Live Faust, Die Jung.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    Well, according to the MCU, no one knew she was a mystical character until Agatha sensed that big magic outburst in Westview. Everyone, presumably including Strange, thought her powers were not magical.

I don't know if they will address that in the movie. Feige doesn't want to refer too much to the Disney+ shows in the movies (because Disney+ isn't available in China), but so much has happened to Wanda between the end of Endgame and the start of Doctor Strange 2 that they'll probably have to give some kind of explanation. I'd just rather they not spend too much time on it.
    Doctor Strange ITMOM definitely needs to do a recap of WandaVision to the audiences. Nothing that takes too much time, but at least a quick dialogue that explains what happened to Wanda, because if your last reference for the character was Endgame, you're definitely gonna be confused as to why she's all witchy, why she has this magic book, and why she has two freaking kids.

What would y'all consider crossing a line in Wanda's goal to retrieve Billy & Tommy? How far is too far? I feel that if she doesn't do enough people will judge her seems like a lose lose.
    Well, as long as having her children doesn't come at the cost of innocent people's lives, I think anything else is pretty much fair game. If they make her do something like Westview again, it'll feel like the character didn't learn from her actions at all from WandaVision, and that's not what I want. It's inevitable that the kids will have to come back for future MCU stories, so all I hope is that Wanda's integrity isn't stained in the process.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Lightbulb

I'm really hoping that what happened in Westview is the MCU's nicer, simplified version of the unhinged events in House of M/Avengers Disassembled, and they just move on from there. It seems to me that the MCU storylines really simplify the events in the comics. The MCU characters often seem like nicer versions of their comics selves. I really hope that the MCU is kinder to Wanda than the comics have been.
    The showrunners did already say they took elements from HoM and AD as well as other Wanda stories to make the WandaVision story. So I feel it is highly likely WandaVision was the MCU Better version of HoM and AD like CA: Civil War was the better version of The Civil War comic, so I believe it is Likely Wanda is done with those stories!
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Ultimate Member

I think Westview is about as "far down" as she'll go, and from her on she'll be more heroic.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    Well, as long as having her children doesn't come at the cost of innocent people's lives, I think anything else is pretty much fair game. If they make her do something like Westview again, it'll feel like the character didn't learn from her actions at all from WandaVision, and that's not what I want. It's inevitable that the kids will have to come back for future MCU stories, so all I hope is that Wanda's integrity isn't stained in the process.
    Idk if she'll even be the cause of whatever Strange is dealing with, or if she'll just appear as a magical ally

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Is likely that WandaVision was the MCU version of HoM and AD, so we are past that and if the MCU keeps s to its reputation the it is likely while having still hard knocks and darker elements they then to for the long run threw derail storytelling tell for the best of the heroes, so I say it is likely they are going for this especially since the reaction to Wanda in WandaVision have been so big and positive for Wanda!
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    I think Westview is about as "far down" as she'll go, and from her on she'll be more heroic.

Idk if she'll even be the cause of whatever Strange is dealing with, or if she'll just appear as a magical ally
    I don't think Wanda will be the cause of whatever Strange faces in the MoM. Assuming the story synopsis I saw on IMDB is true, it sounds as if Mordo is the catalyst that causes Strange to accidentally break things himself. That would make sense considering MoM is (supposed to be) a Doctor Strange movie, so it should center on him and his character set first, with other Marvel characters appearing in the story as needed. Whether Wanda is in the story as an ally, an antagonist, or both, is impossible to say.
    Live Faust, Die Jung.

Ultimate Member

I don't think Wanda will be the cause of whatever Strange faces in the MoM. Assuming the story synopsis I saw on IMDB is true, it sounds as if Mordo is the catalyst that causes Strange to accidentally break things himself. That would make sense considering MoM is (supposed to be) a Doctor Strange movie, so it should center on him and his character set first, with other Marvel characters appearing in the story as needed. Whether Wanda is in the story as an ally, an antagonist, or both, is impossible to say.
    I suspect he'll come across her already in the multiverse, or recruit her midway through the movie to help him out

Incredible Member Probability010's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    Interestingly Feige gave an interview around the time of Doctor Strange where he talked about how Wanda's powers differed from Strange's, and he described them very much the way they were finally defined in her show, as "chaotic" magic that she was never trained to use:

"She never had any training; she’s figuring it out. Arguably, you could say that that’s why her powers are much more chaotic and much more loose in the way that we showcased those light effects. [Strange's power is] much tighter. It’s all about focus. It’s all about pulling energies from other dimensions in an organized and purposeful fashion, which is why they can do a lot more than she can in, at least, a much more precise way.”

I doubt he had anything like "WandaVision" planned out, but I would't be surprised if he was thinking about revealing Wanda's powers as magic so she could be added to Strange's sequel. Maybe the early draft of Avengers: Endgame, where Wanda and Rocket go to get the time stone, would have done that; who knows. It's much better this way.
    I never liked that comment, to me it seemed to belittle Wanda’s use of power. I think that was said more to promote Strang’s movie than anything else. While Feige has rough long-term plans, to me his comments often seem childlike, in the moment. Like when he once said Captain Marvel is the most powerful Avenger

I don’t think things like “Witchcraft” and “Chaos Magic” were on the table already. Back then Marvel Studios seemed very careful in introducing magic. Maybe because the Harry Potter movies got some ridiculous backlash because they were “occult”.

Palm Springs 2 could happen and be "sort of a WandaVision situation", says Andy Samberg
    https://www.gamesradar.com/au/palm-s...-andy-samberg/

Extraordinary Member

I think she will should limit the sacrifice to herself and people who know the risk and help her anyway.(Like a redeemed Modred or something.)
    As for random Joes/Janes, I think she is allowed to be mad if they get in her way without actually hurting them.