Zoro: "You know, three swords is really all you need."
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    I’m arsehole intolerant.

Cheese I’m good with.
    that must make the bathroom pretty challenging for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    that must make the bathroom pretty challenging for you.
    No, just very shouty. Good anger therapy, taking a dump.

I think the people in the flat below suspect some very unusual sexual practices are taking place.

Not rage-crapping.

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

Extraordinary Member

One Piece: This fight already has so many amazing moments, but it keeps just topping itself. Oda has done a great job of showing what a beast Kaido is, even when he's kinda just dicking around, while still showing just how Luffy has a chance at victory. Now both of them are going go at it seriously against one another and that's just cool. Gonna be interesting to see what the other fighters will be up to now that their part in that fight is over.

My Hero Academia: This is exactly what I wanted to see. Deku isn't being some edgy 90s vigilante like a lot of people predicted. His first priority is to save and protect those in danger and lead the threat away, then he uses his multiple quirks to easily outmanuver Muscular before getting in a decisive blow at an opportune moment. And he tries to understand Muscular, because that's what needs to change in hero society, heroes seeing villains as something more than punching bags. Pointless in this instance because it's Muscular. But still a good first step. Love it.

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

So, Legendary and Netflix are collaborating on creating a live-action Gundam film.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    So, Legendary and Netflix are collaborating on creating a live-action Gundam film.
    We've know Legendary was doing Gundam for a while, the news is the Netflix connection, and the director

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

Dammit, I forgot the cheese.

Can I change my answer?
    My answer is pizza. Specifically meat lovers pizza, but I also accept most types of meat-topped pizza... Except those with mushrooms or pineapple. Or anchovies.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Anchovy Pizza with Pineapple. Good stuff.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Anchovy Pizza with Pineapple. Good stuff.
    Now, I'm all for the glory of pineapple on pizza, but combining it with your own fellow denizens of the sea seems a wee bit too extreme.

My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Canada now confirmed as the most useless of the 'wealthy' countries when it comes to controlling COVID, passing the US and having three(!!!) variants out of control all across its regions, competing and potentially creating a nice petri-dish to create a supervirus. Scientists and doctors from other countries being asked 'What do you think of Canada's response to Covid?' and literally answering on live radio "We wonder what the f*ck you're doing.' Our vaccine roll-out is pathetically disorganized, PARTISAN, and unsupported. Our officials continue to lie and gaslight, even after being caught and having CBC interviewers finally take at least one glove off and hammer with questions. Somehow these politicians still retain enough support to be shoe-ins for next election, despite over 75% of their constituents noting in a separate poll that they're doing terrible jobs. Ontario FINALLY deciding to close schools after weeks of every medical advisor, even their own pet toadie political appointees, PLEADING with them to close schools (and why now? 'Because the numbers say this is the right time.' When the numbers are out of control, of course; right time would have been BEFORE now). Canada having 100% THE WORST situation throughout this pandemic in long-term-care homes again in the 'wealthy' countries (whatever that means), verified by stats and research, and nothing coming of it - no consequences, no changes, swept under the rug by media, ignored by politicians and voters, etc.

Our politicians are literally killing our people for big business and the economy (and, in Trudeau's case, for votes, because him actually taking control with the Emergency Powers Act or whateverTf*ck it's called now would be viewed as an overreach, despite the fact that it's exactly this situation where it's needed, when all of the right-wing premiers and, shockingly, one NDP premier are messing around and letting people die), and what seems to be the majority of the people are basically shrugging and saying 'well, let's see this through'. Or rioting in the streets in the hope of REDUCING restrictions.

…..

Rant finished. For now.

...and this isn't politics, it's Covid and Canada's on-record response to it, so I don't really feel like I'm contravening any rules, here.

Quote Originally Posted by Fervidor View Post
    You know, I'm starting to suspect I'm the one in the family who is handling this the best. Probably because I've spent a lot of time meditating on change and loss and my own fear of oblivion. It still feels really weird, though. With all my issues, I never expected to be the strong one.

My cousin and younger brother have been staying with me at my parent's house since we got back from Uppsala, but they left today. They're going all the way to Malmö, since my brother is moving apartments and my cousin is going to help him. He told me he was reluctant to leave me all alone during these circumstances, but also that just staying in this house with nothing to do was affecting him negatively. This concept - having to distract oneself from thinking about stuff - is slightly alien to me, and I made sure to tell him that he absolutely shouldn't stick around for my sake if it was causing him distress. Heck, solitude is comforting for me. Too many people around just stresses me out, no matter how much I love them.

My dad called today and informed me that my older brother - ever the melodramatic - was worried about me being left on my own. I've always though Michael was too similar to dad - not very good at discerning his own thoughts, feeling and emotions from that of others. I called him and he told me he will visit me tomorrow evening, insistent that I should not be left alone. I can't help but think he's projecting: I'm not convinced I am the one who needs the company of family to deal with this.

Am I really the only one who prepared myself for this? Or have I simply gone a bit too cold and apathetic over time? I honestly don't know. Oh well.
    I can't answer that question (which sounds rhetorical anyway), but don't automatically figure it's because you're cold. Preparation goes a long way.

I have lost count of the number of times I’ve been frustrated by stupid use of the phrase “on a molecular level” in the superhero or science fiction genres.

But we may have hit maximum cringe.

I’ll preface this by saying I’m really enjoying Invincible, but when I hear the sentence “I can rearrange atoms on a molecular level.” it actually hurts my soul.
    That's a little...who wrote that? O_o Was it parody? Please tell me it was parody. Or stated by a powerful idiot.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Nik, listening to your review. So far so good... ^_^ Big Monkey, Rad Soundtrack.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate