Page 27 of 50 FirstFirst ... 1723242526272829303137 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    This list feels fair but I think the SS have eclipsed the Titans at this point. The Teen Titans are more or less seen of as Robin's squad when it's not an anime nearly twenty years old or the cartoon we millennials still whine about because it's not said anime.

Or an overly grimdark attempt at making them cool. For good or ill, Suicide Squad got two big screen films, animated movies, a AAA video game and has become a vehicle for one of their big cash cows. It's higher on the pecking order for sure.
    Wait...I'm confused, are you referring to the 2003 cartoon as anime or anime-esque? I mean, it was definitely the latter, but it was also pretty popular.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I agree hence “when all is said and done”. DC has totally mismanaged the Titans, their show is extremely popular (quality aside) so they’re still number 2. But all they have is the show. There’s no video game for them on the way like the Squad has, and video games are an even bigger industry than movies nowadays.

If I had to rate the top 5 DC teams in terms of popularity it would be
    1. JL
    2. Titans/YJ
    3. SS
    4. JSA
    5. LoSH
    Are we rating things by popularity/well knowness among the general pop culture audience or the comic readership audience? Because while Suicide Squad has gotten pushed a lot as far media aimed at a general audience (Though the JSA is starting to catch up), I'd argue the JSA is still more desired by the comic readership.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    No. Nightwing is always the main Robin book. Damian and Tim might show up in Detective or some other team book. Jason's book went on way too long.

Honestly you should go to manga or indies for LGBT+ content.
    thats the problem right there, nightwing is not a robin book

Quote Originally Posted by Artemisfanboy View Post
    Are we rating things by popularity/well knowness among the general pop culture audience or the comic readership audience? Because while Suicide Squad has gotten pushed a lot as far media aimed at a general audience (Though the JSA is starting to catch up), I'd argue the JSA is still more desired by the comic readership.
    General public, the comics hardcore doesn’t matter at all to the higher ups anymore.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    When I searched Justice League Queer on Twitter, the majority of haters WERE LGBTQIA+ individuals hating on the name and finding it too insulting. I agree. They may as well have named it as Justice League of Gays. It reeks of tone-deaf and shallow "corporate activism". If they wanted the sexuality of the members in the team name, then Justice League Pride would have been the much better alternative.
    Agree or just use a name that does not define sexuality.

Infinity Inc is not being used. Nor is Young All-Stars or some of the Wildstorm team names.

Most of this stuff is rather recent. And while the SS have gotten two movies, one of them wasn't exactly a critical hit and they had to semi-reboot for the new one. The game hasn't come out yet and none of the animated movies they have are as popular as even Teen Titans Go (let's not forget the Titans have also gotten animated movies as well). I'm comfortable saying the Titans are in a better place than the Squad, at least for now.
    I think folks forget there is a LOT of merchandise folks have that gets ignored. Especially if you don't have kids.

Like stuff for Birthday parties, greeting cards, valentines, coloring books, activity books and so on.

On Amazon a search for Teen Titans (especially if you focus on books) is over 70 pages long. Suicide Squad (if you take out everything NOT related to them) might get you 40.

Also consider access-not every store stores either team. There is no Suicide Squad kids book and by kids I mean 5-10 years old.

The one major issue Teen Titans has is ROSTER-DC has showcased the Fab 5. We never saw Static nor Jaime nor Traci 13 nor Damian's version or Tim's version in animation form where they were NOT killed off or a background cameo. Heck the run with Static is no longer in print and depending on where you shop will set you back about $40-200.

The Squad is what on it's 4th or 3rd tv or movie version?

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    It is hard to create change when you use the cesspool as social media.

While folks love to point to the Snyder Cut as proof that it works. The Jedi hand wave all the TOXIC mess it also brings. Especially for POC, women, LGBTQA and even employees-as Redjack, Tom King, Gabby Rivera, Heather Antos, John Boyega, Kelly Tran, Leslie Jones and others will tell you.

JLQ? That was a MAGNET for trolls that have terrorized Marvel, DC and other comic book companies and creators. Especially when it has JUSTICE LEAGUE in the title.
    That is NOT counting the roster-if we only looked at those who were NOT active in a book... Aqualad, Dreamer, Bunker, Grace, Natasha Irons, Extraño, Renee Montoya, Tasmanian Devil and Todd Rice. Maybe Rainmaker from Gen 13?

If Dc wanted to do this right and not CHEAP-do it in shops-anyone who BUYS a DC book should get a link or voter form.

KEY ITEM-BUY SOMETHING DC RELATED. So if I see 7 million votes-that should tell me at least 7 million DC items were BOUGHT at a comic book store.

Because this is NOT telling me anything. I don't know who these folks are who are voting. Are they buyers or are they TROLLS or not going to buy it anyway.

I know it's a 6 issue series but SOME if not ALL of these are books that would probably do better as OGNs.

JLQ book would probably get you some press as well as sells.

Jaime Reyes too.
    Yea, it's a shame. It does sound like the better way is to probably limit the votes to those who actually purchases DC books at stores. And that should weed out the trolls and haters. So I agree.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sodam Yat View Post
    Yea, it's a shame. It does sound like the better way is to probably limit the votes to those who actually purchases DC books at stores. And that should weed out the trolls and haters. So I agree.
    I think your giving to much credit to the bigots with the votes, the influx of votes came from the rallying of both sides wanting their property to win. If people who hate always dominated, we would have another term of trump right now. The way to move forward with JLQ at this point is to keep in contact with the writer, and let him know that people want this book so he can push internal rather then let it go. As it turns out the Robins book idea started from a discussion Tim Seely had with fans on twitter over a year ago, before he pitched it.

the green lantern project is gong hard right now

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    I think your giving to much credit to the bigots with the votes, the influx of votes came from the rallying of both sides wanting their property to win. If people who hate always dominated, we would have another term of trump right now. The way to move forward with JLQ at this point is to keep in contact with the writer, and let him know that people want this book so he can push internal rather then let it go. As it turns out the Robins book idea started from a discussion Tim Seely had with fans on twitter over a year ago, before he pitched it.

Sina Grace is putting in the work, and I love and respect that so much!

Kyle's nemesis...Major Force? I forget, did Kyle have a formal Archenemy?

Yea, but I think it's probably more wise to have more secured votes. Also, I didn't know that Tim Seely had a discussions with fans about a potential Robins book in the past.

Nice to see Green Lantern still standing strong.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think it would probably be Effigy.

Man I would love the Jesse Quick and the Green Lanterns books! Nothing else even remotely interests me.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Maybe Nero. The guy who had Sinestro’s ring.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    The one major issue Teen Titans has is ROSTER-DC has showcased the Fab 5.
    No they haven't. The Fab 5 is Dick Grayson, Donna Troy, Garth, Wally West, and Roy Harper. But the team usually showcased is Dick + Starfire, Raven, Beast Boy and Cyborg. Donna's in the live action Titans but wasn't in the cartoon and only had a cameo in Young Justice. But Titans killed off Garth and didn't use Wally and Roy (maybe because of the Arrowverse).
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    General public, the comics hardcore doesn’t matter at all to the higher ups anymore.
    I don't think you're actually rating popularity so much in that case so much as what WB considers "marketable". WB considers Suicide Squad more "marketable" to the general public than the JSA so they get a push. But none of these media necessarily translate back to making comics more popular. And given what is considered "marketable" to the general audience by WB can be quite arbitrary and not based on actual existing comic popularity, and media pushes have traditionally never had much carry over to increasing comic readership, I'm not sure it's actually accurate to say Suicide Squad is more popular than the the JSA. I think as far as the comic reading fanbase goes, the JSA is still solidly considered the third major DC superhero team despite how they been ignored by DC for years.

Incredible Member

Sorry, but I voted for Zatanna and I'm hoping she wins this round.