Page 75 of 145 FirstFirst ... 256571727374757677787985125 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,125 of 2161
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Seems to be standard dialogue in a buddy series/movie when one character has a sister.
    I know. I just meant I wasn't a fan of it.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Seems to be standard dialogue in a buddy series/movie when one character has a sister.
    And now you just made me think of that movie where Ego was attracted to Lois Lane, much to Starhawk's chagrin...

Speaking of Kurt Russell, I had said that I want Wyatt to star in a remake of "Big Trouble in Little China" but now I think he could totally pull off Snake Plissken and remake "Escape From New York."

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Did anyone not get the whole spoilers:
    "don't flirt with my sister"
    end of spoilers business?
    I found that to be really funny and light. When they first met Sam is watching him casually try to "interact". Sam isn't used to "hanging out" with Bucky in a more casual lets meet new people in a non working situation. So he picks up on some potential awkward sparks and tries to tell him to watch it.

I thought that was fun and people were also commenting on "romance" angles with Ayo and Bucky. So Bucky ending up liking the strong black women as he moves on would be awesome.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    I guess so. I've just never liked that kind of overprotective stuff.
    In the case of Winter Soldier, I'm not sure I'd characterize that as overprotective.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by kidfresh512 View Post
    I found that to be really funny and light. When they first met Sam is watching him casually try to "interact". Sam isn't used to "hanging out" with Bucky in a more casual lets meet new people in a non working situation. So he picks up on some potential awkward sparks and tries to tell him to watch it.

I thought that was fun and people were also commenting on "romance" angles with Ayo and Bucky. So Bucky ending up liking the strong black women as he moves on would be awesome.
    I can't imagine him having a specific preference. Honestly idk if Bucky is the kind of guy who should be in a romance.

Quote Originally Posted by green_garnish View Post
    In the case of Winter Soldier, I'm not sure I'd characterize that as overprotective.
    I understand that. But Sarah's a grown woman with two kids and her own business. I'm sure she's smart enough

Extraordinary Member

It's kinda ironic that MCU John Walker is actually a lot more likable than Comic Book John Walker.

Comics John Walker started out as a rank opportunist who was just gunning for the Captain America job, staging fights as Super Patriot to get himself cred and when none of that worked resorted to jumping Steve Rogers in public to gain said cred.

Him being a no nonsense soldier type came after he'd joined the Avengers West.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    It's kinda ironic that MCU John Walker is actually a lot more likable than Comic Book John Walker.

Comics John Walker started out as a rank opportunist who was just gunning for the Captain America job, staging fights as Super Patriot to get himself cred and when none of that worked resorted to jumping Steve Rogers in public to gain said cred.

Him being a no nonsense soldier type came after he'd joined the Avengers West.
    He's not even really as much of a Murica! guy as I expected

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
    Either Sharon is the Power Broker, or who the Power Broker is really won’t matter. Having her be the Power Broker feels a bit too “We don’t know what to do with her, maybe make her a super villain?” to me, but if they role that way, whatever.
    Uhhh.... they pretty much revealed who the PB is, and it ain't her. And it does matter.

Man, I do kind of feel bad for Walker. He's gone out of control and is pretty unhinged, but all that pressure, expectation, and stress he was under just broke him after he took the Super Soldier serum and lost his best friend. He wanted to serve, but he was just forced to serve in the most difficult way possible, and it's made him go crazy as an evil Cap. "I am Captain America."

So we finally get the Sam and Bucky vs. Walker fight, and it's basically the pair fighting a more unhinged version of Steve. They were barely able to get the shield away from him. Poor Falcon's wings.

Julia Louis-Dreyfus as the Contessa was so random. Like, I'm happy to see them both, but she was so unexpected that it took a minute to register for me. What an unconventional casting choice to boot. Also, shouldn't she have a streak of white hair instead of purple? I wonder what her deal is and what she wants Walker for. Fury's program? Her own thing? Is she involved with the Power Broker? Will she get to meet Fury?

I'm glad Bucky was able to do right by the Wakandans and give them Zemo, and move on from any resentment or anger he had toward Zemo after what he did to him. Judging by his conversation with Sam, I'm guessing the next step is talking to Nakamura about his son.

Well, Zemo's off to the Raft, because I guess he's proved he's Supervillain-level at this point. So now the Raft has an occupancy of...one? I don't know if they confirmed they moved Abomination there or not. I wonder if they pull the Thunderbolts roster from there. Well, for now, let's just watch Daniel Bruhl smoothly walk out of the series as smoothly as he walked in.

The tragedy of Isaiah Bradley continues. The man went through so much, even did the same thing Steve did of going rogue to free his fellow soldiers, but all he got for it was his country testing him, hurting him, stealing him from his loved ones, and basically acting like he never existed. How could you expect a man like that to still believe in America?

Can a black man truly believe in America? In a symbol like Captain America? In a country that so often degrades and de-humanizes them or actively seems to want to harm or penalize them at every turn? But that's not the America that Captain America should represent, and for the new generation like Sam's nephews, there is meaning in seeing someone wear that shield that looks like them.

Of course Bucky couldn't help but flirt with Sam's sister.

Nothing says male bonding like fixing a ship together.

"What Steve thought doesn't matter." True, but all the same it's also coming from probably the person in the show closest to Steve in terms of worldview and conviction.

Bucky may have apologized for expecting Sam to jump at the Captain America mantle, but he still had Wakanda soup him up with his own Captain America suit with likely Vibranium Wings (like in the comics). Because he knows where that's going.

I thought Sam was throwing the shield better during his talk with Bucky than during the training sequence, but I guess having Bucky there to catch the shield helped. It was interesting seeing Sam have to build himself up to Cap level without the Super Soldier serum backing him up or Walker's training.

The Flag-Smashers are kind of getting a little too "woe is us" for my taste, even if they probably do have legitimate grievances. Not unexpected that they'd take the fight directly to the GRA.

Did Sharon set Batroc up with the Flag-Smashers? What's her endgame here? I don't think she's the Power Broker, but something's up.

Well, if the government won't let Walker be Captain America, I guess he'll have to make his own shield and become US Agent.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Julia Louis-Dreyfus as the Contessa was so random. Like, I'm happy to see them both, but she was so unexpected that it took a minute to register for me. What an unconventional casting choice to boot. Also, shouldn't she have a streak of white hair instead of purple? I wonder what her deal is and what she wants Walker for. Fury's program? Her own thing? Is she involved with the Power Broker? Will she get to meet Fury?
    According to Vanity Fair, Contessa was suppose to make her debut in Black Widow. So I'm wondering that movie came out as scheduled her appearance here would have had a bigger impact.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier
    Well, Zemo's off to the Raft, because I guess he's proved he's Supervillain-level at this point. So now the Raft has an occupancy of...one? I don't know if they confirmed they moved Abomination there or not. I wonder if they pull the Thunderbolts roster from there. Well, for now, let's just watch Daniel Bruhl smoothly walk out of the series as smoothly as he walked in.
    Trish got sent to the Rift at the end of season 3 of Jessica Jones.

Ultimate Member

I didn't expect spoilers:
    Batroc to be going after Sam. His intro felt like a way to show Sam's combat abilities, but Batroc is actually involved in the greater plot
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Random thoughts on Ep 5:

-- Zemo's scene was anti-climactic. As much as I tried avoiding trailers and spoilers, I know they had released the scene of Bucky dropping the bullets, which really took the steam out of this scene. And Zemo knew he was coming - was his escape last ep just so he could go visit the memorial? I was surprised the Dora Milaje were taking him to the Raft. You'd think they'd take him to Wakanda so they can dispense justice. (and before anyone says it's a diplomatic thing, they didn't seem to care for jurisdiction last ep, so...)
    The thing about Wakanda is that secretiveness and protectiveness are a major part of Wakandan culture and political psychology as well as formal policy. Historically, they have really, really not liked having outsiders in the kingdom, and Bucky’s disregarding their feelings about Zemo after they helped him escape his programming would strike them as a hurtful betrayal. I can see how they would think it’s best not to have Zemo in the kingdom, since it would complicate their tentative opening to the outside world while presenting a security headache they don’t need. As far as we know. Zemo’s temporary escape has not become public knowledge, and the Wakandans probably think it would be best all around if it stays unknown.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    According to Vanity Fair, Contessa was suppose to make her debut in Black Widow. So I'm wondering that movie came out as scheduled her appearance here would have had a bigger impact.
    I wonder if she does something with Yelena then.

Quote Originally Posted by Dzetoun View Post
    The thing about Wakanda is that secretiveness and protectiveness are a major part of Wakandan culture and political psychology as well as formal policy. Historically, they have really, really not liked having outsiders in the kingdom, and Bucky’s disregarding their feelings about Zemo after they helped him escape his programming would strike them as a hurtful betrayal. I can see how they would think it’s best not to have Zemo in the kingdom, since it would complicate their tentative opening to the outside world while presenting a security headache they don’t need. As far as we know. Zemo’s temporary escape has not become public knowledge, and the Wakandans probably think it would be best all around if it stays unknown.
    I agree with what you're saying - it makes sense. Just surprising, but I guess it was all worked out when T'Challa took in Zemo in the first place. I mean, they had a deep hatred for Klaw (however it's spelled in the MCU) and he just stole some vibranium. Zemo killed their king. I just hope the MCU isn't done with him yet... (is Bruhl still filming "The Alienist?" He's great on that, but I hope it doesn't prevent us from getting more Zemo)

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I wonder if she does something with Yelena then.
    Or Taskmaster. Although, what is that's not Sharon at all, but Yelena with that false-face tech Natasha used in "Winter Soldier?" (okay.... I need to stop with the theories...)
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 04-16-2021 at 01:32 PM.

Random thought: Zemo going to The Raft makes me think we will have a Breakout (like Bendis' New Avengers) in the future. And that will cause a new Avengers team to be formed.