Page 46 of 147 FirstFirst ... 364243444546474849505696146 ... LastLast

new article about Jackie McGee:

https://www.cbr.com/immortal-hulk-ja...seeing-ghosts/

I hope she survives the end of this story arc. It would be too bad for her to end up killed (though with the green door.. is she immortal?)

I'm also not really a fan of giving her she-hulk powers- I'd be okay with the 'gamma vision' and related passive powers..

Breaker of Worlds Immortal Hulk's Avatar

The Hulk was here...

Mighty Member McFarlane's Green Hulk's Avatar

Incredible Hulk #323
    “Certain Intangibles”

Cover Date: September 1986
    Sale Date: June 10th, 1986
    Writer: Al Milgrom
    Artist: Al Milgrom
    Inker: Del Barras/Danny Bulanadi
    Letterer: Rick Parker
    Colorist: George Roussos
    Editor: Bob Harras

Guest Stars/Supporting Cast: Rick Jones, Betty Banner, Dr. Fisher, Dianne Bellamy, Doc Samson, both coastal Avengers teams, the Vision and Scarlet Witch
    Synopsis: Both Bruce Banner and the Hulk begin to grow in size and lose molecular cohesion because of the failed Nutrient Bath separation. The Avengers call up the Vision to help, and he’s able to semi-stabilize Banner’s molecular structure long enough to merge the two back together, restoring the Hulk’s personality to his original sinister state, but the synthizoid is unable to free himself from the brute’s body. The Hulk berates Rick being responsible for his creation and then calls Betty a lovesick cow, claiming that he’s intent on destroying the world. As he begins his attack on Rick, the Vision is able to force his personality to the surface momentarily, but is quickly submerged until Betty makes a plea to not become “the monster they make you”. This triggers a burst of strength in the Vision and he’s able to free himself. The Hulk reverts to Banner and Vision takes his leave.
    Commentary: Here I was all excited to read classic Hulk-speak, and we get a verbose and mean-spirited Hulk again, which I was completely unfamiliar with I didn't read any of the original six issues until I got the Marvel Masterworks volume in 1989, and the only Hulk I was familiar with was mainly from the 1982 cartoon - give or take the few Hulk comics I owned in the early 80's which featured the BIC or mindless Hulk. I don't count this Hulk as the Gravage version either. He’s not speaking in any kind of slang or making funny quips. This Hulk is sinister and conniving, much like he was in issues #1 and 2 of the original series. He’s truly the “atomic Mr. Hyde” that Stan Lee was going for in the early days. He wanted to kill Rick, he wants to destroy the world!

Quote Originally Posted by Intothevoid View Post
    Yep, Ewing was asked before what would Banner/Hulk be like if they acted on their own but without any limit, no holding back, working together and fully angry and this was his response

We saw what that was with that giant multi-headed Hulk, but that was what EVIL Banner would come up with, so Ewing was asked what if Banner was good instead of evil, would he achieve the similar result and he responded

Which always made me believe based on his answer here that he was planning to put that in the comic one day, probably with the final confrontation with TOBA, i guess we will find out when issue 50 comes.
    We might even see this new/merged/ultimate Hulk incarnation in the last fight with the Avengers! If that's what happens, of course.

Immortal Hulk pinup:

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Hulk View Post
    Immortal Hulk pinup:

What devil should I sell my soul to draw Hulk like Bennett does? OBA? Mephisto?

BANNED

Ewing could have saved Jen by using her in Gamma Flight or one of his spin-offs, anything's better than in the hands of Aaron,
    Aaron really should go back to Ghost Rider or Blade or some thing sword and magic.

Quote Originally Posted by Dinosaur Hulk View Post
    What devil should I sell my soul to draw Hulk like Bennett does? OBA? Mephisto?
    He's incredible. The best artist to ever draw the Hulk. Even better than the timeless Sal Buscema, imo.

Quote Originally Posted by kalai View Post
    Ewing could have saved Jen by using her in Gamma Flight or one of his spin-offs, anything's better than in the hands of Aaron,
    Aaron really should go back to Ghost Rider or Blade or some thing sword and magic.
    Unfortunately (for Jen and her fans), I doubt Ewing had a say on anything concerning She-Hulk, except for the Immortal She-Hulk stuff. She's one of Aaron's "toys", and Wer're lucky that He chose her for his **** Avengers book, because, as far as I remember, the original plan was to have the Hulk as the member. Ewing and his pitch saved us!

have there ever been gamma powered child "Hulks" introduced anywhere, including alternate worlds?

Spectacular Member

He's incredible. The best artist to ever draw the Hulk. Even better than the timeless Sal Buscema, imo.

Unfortunately (for Jen and her fans), I doubt Ewing had a say on anything concerning She-Hulk, except for the Immortal She-Hulk stuff. She's one of Aaron's "toys", and Wer're lucky that He chose her for his **** Avengers book, because, as far as I remember, the original plan was to have the Hulk as the member. Ewing and his pitch saved us!

The situation as a metaphorical image. “Thank you Jen!”
    Hashtag meat shield

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    have there ever been gamma powered child "Hulks" introduced anywhere, including alternate worlds?
    Bruce has two sons from his "Planet Hulk" days. Although they haven't gotten involved in the latest storyline at all-I think one became part of a planet and the other's depowered. There was also one during the PAD era that was stillborn.

He also has a daughter from an alternate timeline (Lyra) another alternate one from What Savage Beast, and I think it's implied the Maestro might have a few heirs. Plus the Hulk family from Old Man Logan's universe etc.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Bruce has two sons from his "Planet Hulk" days. Although they haven't gotten involved in the latest storyline at all-I think one became part of a planet and the other's depowered. There was also one during the PAD era that was stillborn.

He also has a daughter from an alternate timeline (Lyra) another alternate one from What Savage Beast, and I think it's implied the Maestro might have a few heirs. Plus the Hulk family from Old Man Logan's universe etc.
    I want both Skaar and Hiro Kala to return. I would love a Skaar solo. He still has a lot of untapped potential. I also want him to interact with other teen heroes like the Young Avengers and the Champions.

I also just listened to the audio-book version of What Savage Beast and found Brett to be an interesting character.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Quote Originally Posted by FrazettaHulk View Post

The situation as a metaphorical image. “Thank you Jen!”
    Hashtag meat shield
    LOL. Sacrifices have to be made. Hopefully, after Ewing, We will be safe again.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    The "main" children are Skaar and Hiro-Kala from the Planet Sakaar.

So far, We've only seem Skaar's Gamma form, which he lost after Doc Green (one "incarnation" of the Hulk with his brain enhanced by extremis) after He cured him. Now He only has his Old Power,a incredibly power source, similar to the Power Cosmic, linked to Sakaar.

Hiro-Kala is incredibly powerful too, with the Old Power. And it's said He has a Hulk form so powerful it could threaten the universe. But we've never seen it.

Lyra is Hulk's daughter with Thundra, from an alternate future.

LOL. Sacrifices have to be made. Hopefully, after Ewing, We will be safe again.

The "main" children are Skaar and Hiro-Kala from the Planet Sakaar.

So far, We've only seem Skaar's Gamma form, which he lost after Doc Green (one "incarnation" of the Hulk with his brain enhanced by extremis) after He cured him. Now He only has his Old Power,a incredibly power source, similar to the Power Cosmic, linked to Sakaar.

Hiro-Kala is incredibly powerful too, with the Old Power. And it's said He has a Hulk form so powerful it could threaten the universe. But we've never seen it.

Lyra is Hulk's daughter with Thundra, from an alternate future.
    I always liked Hulk's children. Lyra is an interesting character and I would like for her to return and have some interaction with her father. As I stated in my previous post, Hiro and Skaar are both long overdue to return; and Skaar should get a shot at a solo series.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    I want both Skaar and Hiro Kala to return. I would love a Skaar solo. He still has a lot of untapped potential. I also want him to interact with other teen heroes like the Young Avengers and the Champions.

I also just listened to the audio-book version of What Savage Beast and found Brett to be an interesting character.
    I’m very fond of Sakaar as well. One of my favorite pages was when Hulk was kicking the crap out of Skaar (Skaar had showed up to try to kill him to be fair) and he knocked Skaar back into his “human” form. Hulk suddenly had a flashback to when Brian used to kick the crap out of him and he immediately regretted what had just gone down. It would be nice to see the two interact again, especially since Immortal Hulk has been thoroughly unpacking the extent of the abuse and pain Bruce has been through at Brian’s hands.

Oh hey Lucas posted it:
    https://community.cbr.com/showthread...65#post5373965
    I’ll add the one he missed:
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/