Page 81 of 177 FirstFirst ... 317177787980818283848591131 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,215 of 2641
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sodam Yat View Post
    I wish lol

I spent about $35 for that on eBay.
    Just got all three covers on Ebay for $34. I'll give the two regular covers to a kid and his uncle. The kid just lost his mother recently and his cousin works in the same school as I do. I gave him my extra Static books. Make a box of comic that need a new home.

t7wu9v8c5qy11.jpg

I wish it would have stuck.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by atomicskull View Post
    t7wu9v8c5qy11.jpg

I wish it would have stuck.
    While he looks great in purple, but I'm struggling to remember what specifically made Ultra-Violet unique. I don't remember it being very well-defined and was abandoned immediately after (temporary arc power ups and whathaveyou), but aside from the visual, what about it was so appealing?

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    While he looks great in purple, but I'm struggling to remember what specifically made Ultra-Violet unique. I don't remember it being very well-defined and was abandoned immediately after (temporary arc power ups and whathaveyou), but aside from the visual, what about it was so appealing?
    Well I like the idea of an Invisible Emotional Spectrum. It focuses on the emotions we can't see, things we hide deep within ourselves.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by atomicskull View Post
    Well I like the idea of an Invisible Emotional Spectrum. It focuses on the emotions we can't see, things we hide deep within ourselves.
    That may be why it didn't work for me-- any of the general corps can be invisible if the person wielding them is stoic. People like John and Alan don't wear their emotions as much as their compatriots, but they're still feeling strongly. It's just repression, not really any unique emotions or motivations that would necessitate their own corps. Hell, the new retcon making Alan gay means on some level he was dealing with fear his entire life and nobody would have known because he put a lid on it. I don't think there needs to be a new ring for that specifically. It felt like an undercooked idea Snyder was throwing out there because he was really tying to be Morrison.

Is there potential for other color corps? Sure, but I'd rather deal with the too many we already have and find unique ways to address them.

All that said, goddamn if it didn't look cool.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

I don't like anything that was written here at all. John and Katma weren't overcompensating for anything. They both did what they had to do and did it perfectly. Yeah, John had doubt and felt pressure but he quickly shoved that away with the help of Katma. John never overdid something because he took over the role. Also Katma never once complained about John's constructs. If anything Katma always let John handle things himself and he did so perfectly. The Guardians and even Hal himself praised John and were happy with his results so I have no idea where Johns got this from. Also, it was Carol that killed Katma

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post

I don't like anything that was written here at all. John and Katma weren't overcompensating for anything. They both did what they had to do and did it perfectly. Yeah, John had doubt and felt pressure but he quickly shoved that away with the help of Katma. John never overdid something because he took over the role. Also Katma never once complained about John's constructs. If anything Katma always let John handle things himself and he did so perfectly. The Guardians and even Hal himself praised John and were happy with his results so I have no idea where Johns got this from. Also, it was Carol that killed Katma
    Carol didn't kill Katma Tui. Carol was Parallax-ed at that point by the Predator, whom we would later learn was the Emotional Spectrum's violet entity. If anyone actually thought Carol was guilty of Katma's murder, she would have been put in jail once John and Hal freed her from the Star Sapphire's control.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    So what kind of hairstyle do you think work for John then?
    For me :

John - model after Malcolm-Jamal Warner
    Long Locs
    6’0/6’1 Facial hair or light beard (future state look)

Or

model after Shamier Anderson
    6’0/6’1 Facial hair/ light beard & hair cut/low-mid fade
    (future end look)

Jeff - model after a young Cress Williams & Terrence C. Carson/Kyle Barker 6’5, full beard, short locs

Vic - model after Joivan Wade & Stephan James ( in 21 bridges) , 6’6-6’9 light goatee

Michael - 6’2-6’3 model Isaiah Mustafa & Nate Parker, low-mid fade. Mustache or little no facial hair

Duke- 5’7-5’8, model after John Boyega in attack the block , mid-long locs , (Futures End look)

Wallace - High high top fade with part in design, model after Franz Drameh & Keiynan Lonsdale. 5’10-5’11

Luke - model after Trevor Jackson 5’9-5’10, Full beard, Braids on top fade on the side

Tim - model after Trai Byers 6’1-6’2 light facial hair/mustache & low hair cut

Do you guys like John with the goatee from JLU?
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

BANNED

Goatee is fine, but I'm not a fan of the bald look regardless of facial hair.

BANNED

Lookin like an album cover

did i post this before?

if so, i'll dump it.

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post

If I'm remember right, didn't Katma make fun of John's constructs in her episode of Justice League as a response to the fan complaints about how dull and unimaginative the constructs were?

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Just got all three covers on Ebay for $34. I'll give the two regular covers to a kid and his uncle. The kid just lost his mother recently and his cousin works in the same school as I do. I gave him my extra Static books. Make a box of comic that need a new home.
    Looks like you got a really good deal there.

That's nice of you. I usually tend of giving my comics issues away whenever I get trades.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Do you guys like John with the goatee from JLU?
    Yes! John looks good with a goatee as well. So I have no problem with that. I think the difference between the JLU and the regular JL cartoon, is that John looks more younger in the JLU version. I don't know whether that was their intention when JLU came out.

Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post
    did i post this before?

if so, i'll dump it.

I love this. John's goatee looks good.

For some reason this artwork kind of reminds me of an animated show. I don't know why.