Page 61 of 902 FirstFirst ... 115157585960616263646571111161561 ... LastLast
    Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

So it seems we know why Samoa Joe possibly was let go. The WWE announced they hired Pat Mcafee to be the new announcer for Smackdown. Its said Mcafee will be given a lot of freedom as an announcer as they want to make it work. I think if Joe was up for the job they likely went with Mcafee due to how excited he gets etc and decided...we need someone to SPARK the announce crew.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Did anyone watch the new show on A&E last night where different Wrestlers are sent to try and recover some of their memorabilia for the WWE warehouse museum? Last night was Mick Foley. He went on the road to recover Mr. Socko, the original Mankind shirt he wore on his WWE debut and a Cactus Jack original flannel shirt.

Quote Originally Posted by chachi View Post
    Did anyone watch the new show on A&E last night where different Wrestlers are sent to try and recover some of their memorabilia for the WWE warehouse museum? Last night was Mick Foley. He went on the road to recover Mr. Socko, the original Mankind shirt he wore on his WWE debut and a Cactus Jack original flannel shirt.
    I enjoyed it. Blatantly staged at certain points, but overall a fun show. I'll keep watching it.

I still have a hard time getting used to Undertaker doing interviews. He spent so long protecting his character and not even doing the WWE sanctioned DVDs and documentaries. It's so weird just seeing him out of character and talking about the business.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    So it seems we know why Samoa Joe possibly was let go. The WWE announced they hired Pat Mcafee to be the new announcer for Smackdown. Its said Mcafee will be given a lot of freedom as an announcer as they want to make it work. I think if Joe was up for the job they likely went with Mcafee due to how excited he gets etc and decided...we need someone to SPARK the announce crew.
    I watched some of McAffee's segments.

He clearly is not being over produced but the DIRT SHEETZ say Vince wasn't there.

He stood a lot and it annoyed Cole. I'm sure some of Cole's coaching is going to be on Botchamania ... but Pat was okay at best.

According to Pat, he was not prepped for anything and they did not feed him lines. He had no talking points given to him. So they gave him the Brain treatment.

Pat said he thought he was repetitive and that he sucked. I think Pat would be better with someone not named Michael Cole but I agree with his assessment of himself. I think he was okay, but not sucky. He has potential to be good.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Talking

The secret origins of the Twitter Mob aka "Cancel Culture" revealed? -

"So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    I watched some of McAffee's segments.

He clearly is not being over produced but the DIRT SHEETZ say Vince wasn't there.

He stood a lot and it annoyed Cole. I'm sure some of Cole's coaching is going to be on Botchamania ... but Pat was okay at best.

According to Pat, he was not prepped for anything and they did not feed him lines. He had no talking points given to him. So they gave him the Brain treatment.

Pat said he thought he was repetitive and that he sucked. I think Pat would be better with someone not named Michael Cole but I agree with his assessment of himself. I think he was okay, but not sucky. He has potential to be good.
    Russo believed in "bullet points" and letting the talent cut promos etc and work back in 90s. Mcaffee has an energy about him and they need to give him pointers. Its clear the announce teams need this. They need a better play by play guy (Imagine if they hadn't pissed off Jim Ross and sent him away. Ross being a veteran announcer could work with Pat).
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

So at Goodwill on Monday I scored like 12-14 TNA/WWE DVD's from 2005-2012 era. It was amazing to see how great a shape the discs are in and I'm currently watching the Kurt Angle TNA DVD from 2007/2008.

Its amazing how BIG the fans were into Samoa Joe vs Kurt Angle. Joe was MAJOR over in 2007. The fans were so into this killing machine he was as he had beaten and destroyed everyone in his path for 18+ months. So the 2 big forces of Joe/Angle were destined to clash with this big deal to draw the fans to the PPV.

The big Genesis PPV match is on DVD. The fans were split with at points fans were cheering Joe on. Then at one point a bloody Kurt gets the arena chanting MAKE HIM TAP !

Its no shock this drew TNA's best ever PPV monthly buyrate. (I had heard at times over 60,000+ then). It was a huge success but the wheels fell off within that match.

Joe was a monster , undefeated and such an animal as the top guy he lost in their 1st match. Tapping out and he never recovered. They had their own home grown star alongside AJ Styles but they should have built towards more long term PPV's. Samoa Joe should have never lost at that PPV. The match should have went to a time limit draw. Both men come close but we see them both unable to put the other away.

Then we build to Lockdown where they have their 2nd PPV clash and then you do Angle winning finally. He has managed to win and beat Samoa Joe. This likely draws huge. Finally you do the final match up at Bound for Glory with Angle vs Joe III and Joe wins. Getting that big PPV win ending their series...awhile.

But TNA always had this issue...they had no real long term plans. They would book too short sighted and it killed Joe's TNA career as we saw.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Russo believed in "bullet points" and letting the talent cut promos etc and work back in 90s. Mcaffee has an energy about him and they need to give him pointers. Its clear the announce teams need this. They need a better play by play guy (Imagine if they hadn't pissed off Jim Ross and sent him away. Ross being a veteran announcer could work with Pat).
    I could see him and Ross having good chemistry. Ross for the play-by-play and McAfee doing color and big moments. But Jim's PBP has been lacking the last few years, IMHO ...

Pat I could see doing well with a more "sport style oriented announcer like Ranollo, Coachman, or Nigel McGuinness. I could see him doing well with a Regal or Beth Phoenix. Maybe a former wrestler would be best for him?

On his radio show, he made it sound like he will be getting some coaching going forward but never the "Vince in the ear" treatment because that was the terms from Fox.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

I could see him and Ross having good chemistry. Ross for the play-by-play and McAfee doing color and big moments. But Jim's PBP has been lacking the last few years, IMHO ...

Pat I could see doing well with a more "sport style oriented announcer like Ranollo, Coachman, or Nigel McGuinness. I could see him doing well with a Regal or Beth Phoenix. Maybe a former wrestler would be best for him?

On his radio show, he made it sound like he will be getting some coaching going forward but never the "Vince in the ear" treatment because that was the terms from Fox.
    McAfee made a point to say Vince wasn't there in week #1. But will be showing up backstage and we shall see. If HHH can keep Vince off the head set it could work. I always remember when Mick Foley tried announcing and could have been good. But he quit because he grew tired of Vince yelling at him during show.

"So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

WWE is partnering with Crunchyroll for an anime project

https://twitter.com/comicbook/status...330064905?s=21

I have so many questions

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    WWE is partnering with Crunchyroll for an anime project

https://twitter.com/comicbook/status...330064905?s=21

I have so many questions
    Woods and Asuka better star!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    I enjoyed it. Blatantly staged at certain points, but overall a fun show. I'll keep watching it.

I still have a hard time getting used to Undertaker doing interviews. He spent so long protecting his character and not even doing the WWE sanctioned DVDs and documentaries. It's so weird just seeing him out of character and talking about the business.
    While the interviews are strange, what really gets me is when they name him as Mark Calloway, or Mark 'The Undertaker' Calloway. Just so strange seeing his real name out there after all these years.

holy **** wwe/nxt signed hideki suzuki

for those unfamiliar

please don't make him a ninja

Astonishing Member

Joe going back to IMPACT might make the most sense.
    i hope so

TONIGHT 1135 pm komo 4 Seattle
    Last edited by steve2275; 04-24-2021 at 07:14 PM.
    RIP MARVEL HEROES 04.06.2013 - 27.11.2017
    Transformers TCG player