Page 41 of 90 FirstFirst ... 3137383940414243444551 ... LastLast

The Steelers extended Mike Tomlin for three more years.

Washington tight end Jordan Reed has retired over concussion concerns.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Reports are starting to come out that a trade between NE and GB for Jordan Love is in the works.

R1 R4 For Love & R1.

Sounds BS.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Reports are starting to come out that a trade between NE and GB for Jordan Love is in the works.

R1 R4 For Love & R1.

Sounds BS.
    Bad deal for GB, Love was an R1, should be Love for R1 straight trade.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

BANNED

R1 R4 For Love & R1.

Sounds BS.
    If we had a pick in the late 20s/early 30s then by all means. Being within striking distance of one of the top guys (still going to need to package other picks to move up) or a real difference maker in the form of a WR or blue chip defender? No. Rather wait until the 40s and roll the dice on a Trask/Mills type. Give that pick to try him out.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    That depends on other circumstances. How well has Love been playing? How many years are left on his deal? What are the chances he can be resigned? How much earlier in the draft is the 1st round pick NE is handing over in relation to the one GB would be sending back?

Depending on thise answers, the dea, might not be as bad as it first looks.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Absent any trades, New England picks 15th, Green Bay picks 29th.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    So I read this and then looked up who Minnesota missed out on during those draft years. QBs who went higher or were considered to be better prospects. Gotta say - not sure they could have done better than they did in those years. Here are other QBs names from those years, who went higher than the Minnesota pick.

1999: Tim Couch, Donovan McNabb, and Akili Smith.
    2006: Vince Young, Matt Leinhert, and Jay Cutler.
    2011: Cam Newton, Jake Locker, and Blaine Gabbert.
    2014: Blake Bortles and Johnny Manziel.

They would have done better with a McNabb or Newton, of course. But Cousins is better than the rest of those guys. The talking heads are saying the team will pick its next "QB of the future" in this upcoming draft. I'm not convinced it is a good idea, considering Minnesota's typical luck and the fact that so many teams are looking for QBs this time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post
    Is Kirk Cousins better than Jay Cutler? Neither has ever set the league on fire, or even warmed it up but I feel Smokin' would have had a better season with the most recent teams Cousins had. Granted Cousins lost Diggs and uh, the running back. and losses on the defense, hmm.

Both are really about the same. With Cutler he'd believe in his arm way , waaaay too much at times. Like a Mahomes or Farve , Cutler had a cannon and could throw the ball anywhere. But unlike Mahomes who has became really good at knowing on not throwing Ints and learning to not lean as much on his arm and believing he can throw anywhere ; Cutler never did. Cutler is more known where he after threw 4 Ints to one player comically in a game proclaimed he would have kept throwing his way.

To be fair the Knox Int is more on Johnny Knox as Aikman brings up how the WR gave up on finishing the route he was running , which led to Hall staying in front for that. Mike Martz reaction was the comical best one.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Adrian Peterson remains steadfast in his desire to continue playing: 'I'm looking for a contender'

So, friends, where do you think AP might end up? With the emphasis on passing and passing a lot, is there still room in NFL offenses for aging backs like Peterson?
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Adrian Peterson remains steadfast in his desire to continue playing: 'I'm looking for a contender'

So, friends, where do you think AP might end up? With the emphasis on passing and passing a lot, is there still room in NFL offenses for aging backs like Peterson?
    Peterson is kinda stupid really. In 2019 , Andy Reid spoke to him about joining Kansas City as a backup RB. Peterson however declined that wanting more of a starting role and signed with Washington instead. Peterson would have a ring right now be he wanted more playing time and took a loser team he knew as bad. McCoy I'm sure is happy because he's now a 2 time Super Bowl champion (even though his role in Tampa was not really much ...unlike in KC in 2019). McCoy valued getting a Super Bowl 1st , playing time after.

Bell himself brought that up last year. He had offers from other teams for more playing time. But he weighed the whole...I want a ring deal 1st.

Peterson likely will never join that contender. Lots of teams have their "guys" set.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Peterson is kinda stupid really. In 2019 , Andy Reid spoke to him about joining Kansas City as a backup RB. Peterson however declined that wanting more of a starting role and signed with Washington instead. Peterson would have a ring right now be he wanted more playing time and took a loser team he knew as bad. McCoy I'm sure is happy because he's now a 2 time Super Bowl champion (even though his role in Tampa was not really much ...unlike in KC in 2019). McCoy valued getting a Super Bowl 1st , playing time after.

Bell himself brought that up last year. He had offers from other teams for more playing time. But he weighed the whole...I want a ring deal 1st.

Peterson likely will never join that contender. Lots of teams have their "guys" set.
    AP let his ego get in the way of his pragmatism when he turned down Kansas City. In his mind, Peterson still thinks of himself as an elite running back and the idea of being relegated to backup status was intolerable and unacceptable. Yeah, his chances of latching on with a contender aren't at all good.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Defensive Back T.J. Ward, who played with the Cleveland Browns and won a Super Bowl with the Denver Broncos has announced his retirement.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CSTowle View Post
    If we had a pick in the late 20s/early 30s then by all means. Being within striking distance of one of the top guys (still going to need to package other picks to move up) or a real difference maker in the form of a WR or blue chip defender? No. Rather wait until the 40s and roll the dice on a Trask/Mills type. Give that pick to try him out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Absent any trades, New England picks 15th, Green Bay picks 29th.
    IF ... IF it were to happen as reported, the shake out would look like this:

GB gets:
    2021 R1, pick 15.
    2021 R4, pick 17.

NE gets:
    Jordan Love, QB
    2021 R1, pick 29.

I have seen a few report NE has offered a R3, pick 33, instead of the R4.

I have seen people in NE say this sucks, Love is a prima donna and people in GB are going, yay! Love is gone!

Personally, Love could be a saint and people would still hate on him because he is coming up behind Rodgers.

Still think it is a BS rumor ...
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

IF ... IF it were to happen as reported, the shake out would look like this:

GB gets:
    2021 R1, pick 15.
    2021 R4, pick 17.

NE gets:
    Jordan Love, QB
    2021 R1, pick 29.

I have seen a few report NE has offered a R3, pick 33, instead of the R4.

I have seen people in NE say this sucks, Love is a prima donna and people in GB are going, yay! Love is gone!

Personally, Love could be a saint and people would still hate on him because he is coming up behind Rodgers.

Still think it is a BS rumor ...
    This would be essentially saying Green Bay wasted a 1st rd pick last year on Jordan Love for nothing. Because they would only gain a 3rd or 4th rd pick. No way a GM would be that stupid to do this without seeing Love play and ditching the plan to groom him at least 2 seasons behind Rodgers.

BANNED

Too soon to part with him for that price I'd imagine, but given Rodgers performance and likely having a few years left I can see them getting away with giving him away for a 2nd rounder (especially if it's lower half). As to hating him for not being Rodgers, I'd imagine some old timers weren't happy about Favre being replaced (even with his wishy-washy, will-I-won't-I retirement nonsense). I remember thinking it was great what Brady accomplished his first year, but it was time to hand the reins back to Bledsoe. Boy, was I wrong. If the kid performs GB fans will get on board quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by CSTowle View Post
    Too soon to part with him for that price I'd imagine, but given Rodgers performance and likely having a few years left I can see them getting away with giving him away for a 2nd rounder (especially if it's lower half). As to hating him for not being Rodgers, I'd imagine some old timers weren't happy about Favre being replaced (even with his wishy-washy, will-I-won't-I retirement nonsense). I remember thinking it was great what Brady accomplished his first year, but it was time to hand the reins back to Bledsoe. Boy, was I wrong. If the kid performs GB fans will get on board quickly.
    The big belief is Rodgers will get this season and be allowed to leave as crazy as it sounds. The Packers want that seamless transition ala Farve to Rodgers back in 2008. It sucks sure. Farve didn't wanna leave. But this is how some marriages end for QB's and teams. Brady in a perfect world would be in New England finishing his career up.