SFV Dan Hibiki

If I was playing SFV, I'd probably try him at least once. He kind of reminds me of Deadpool.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Way of the husband anime probably has the most sorry excuse for animation in anime I ever seen in my life.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    Way of the husband anime probably has the most sorry excuse for animation in anime I ever seen in my life.
    They've basically just colourized and added mouth movement to panels from the excellent manga.

I wouldn't bother with the anime; just read the manga.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    They've basically just colourized and added mouth movement to panels from the excellent manga.

I wouldn't bother with the anime; just read the manga.
    I saw an interview with the director going around Twitter who said that both the studio execs and the author of the manga series specifically asked for it to be like that. They felt that the jokes work best in a manga format so they wanted to preserve that timing.

It's actually kind of an interesting experiment even if it doesn't make me want to watch the series.

Ah, CBR actually covered this point as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    I saw an interview with the director going around Twitter who said that both the studio execs and the author of the manga series specifically asked for it to be like that. They felt that the jokes work best in a manga format so they wanted to preserve that timing.

It's actually kind of an interesting experiment even if it doesn't make me want to watch the series.

Ah, CBR actually covered this point as well.
    I feel that they are correct, in a way. Being someone who really loves the series, I was VERY skeptical about an anime. I didn't feel it would measure up.

So I kind of get why they went in that direction.

However, it leads me to just say 'Eh, don't watch the anime. Manga is still better', because it is.

Now, I understand they're considering/working on a live-action version, and given the ad they made for the manga (using live action stuff) and how good that ad was, I can totally see it working with live action. ^_^
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    I feel that they are correct, in a way. Being someone who really loves the series, I was VERY skeptical about an anime. I didn't feel it would measure up.

So I kind of get why they went in that direction.

However, it leads me to just say 'Eh, don't watch the anime. Manga is still better', because it is.

Now, I understand they're considering/working on a live-action version, and given the ad they made for the manga (using live action stuff) and how good that ad was, I can totally see it working with live action. ^_^
    >_>

<_<

^_^

>_>

<_<

^_^
    As amusing as that scene was, I can't help but feel that it's slightly off from the vibes I get reading Gokushufudou.

I mean, I can totally see Tatsu reminiscing about certain poses made after shady incidents, but it seems like the scene lacks the ominous intimidation that he usually gives off before doing wacky mundane things.

meet the new batman, same as the old batman

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Archmanifestation of YOLO Noldere's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    For me, Nagatoro-san seems to lack a certain something compared to Uzaki-chan...

spoilers:
    Mainly, the well-meaning / good intentions behind the provocations/teasing in the latter is missing in the former.
    end of spoilers
    This signature intentionally left blank.

Quote Originally Posted by Noldere View Post
    For me, Nagatoro-san seems to lack a certain something compared to Uzaki-chan...

spoilers:
    Mainly, the well-meaning / good intentions behind the provocations/teasing in the latter is missing in the former.
    end of spoilers
    That and Senpai was actually allowed to get one over on Uzaki-chan or something else funny would happen to her, which made her easier to enjoy.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

>_>

<_<

^_^
    Well, that's different from the one I saw! Awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    As amusing as that scene was, I can't help but feel that it's slightly off from the vibes I get reading Gokushufudou.

I mean, I can totally see Tatsu reminiscing about certain poses made after shady incidents, but it seems like the scene lacks the ominous intimidation that he usually gives off before doing wacky mundane things.
    Absolutely, but it certainly has enough of the manga to get me to watch it. ^_^

Better than watching the anime, which is basically a less-good, colourized manga.
    Why are we here?

My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Kaiju no. 8: spoilers:
    Kafka pulls a classic Saitama, but is sadly arrested by his best friend afterwards. I foresee him getting Eren Yeager treatment, at least for awhile.
    end of spoilers
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!