Page 49 of 127 FirstFirst ... 394546474849505152535999 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post
    I hope so! I'm pretty curious on how exactly everyone got picked. I guess I can buy that Rogue is a recognizable X-Man in-universe, what with being a long-time member and being an avenger (though that might work against her vote-wise...).
    most curious to see with Synch and Laura, as they've basically been gone for months in canon and aren't like the MOST high profile to begin with. Everyone else is buyable to me, especially with Sunfire getting votes from people who don't feel as represented by more traditional X-Men and probably by a less American group of mutants.

Quote Originally Posted by Krakoa View Post
    most curious to see with Synch and Laura, as they've basically been gone for months in canon and aren't like the MOST high profile to begin with. Everyone else is buyable to me, especially with Sunfire getting votes from people who don't feel as represented by more traditional X-Men and probably by a less American group of mutants.
    I dont think everyone on the team will be elected on it. I think a couple may be selected, which is likely the case for Synch. Not only has he been MIA for months, he was dead for years prior. He's really not well known at all by the mutant community, but I can see Cyclops choosing him bc of the experience he gained in the Vault

Yep. Not a whole lot to it but was a nice change of pace!

In other news, a calendar of Rogue content in the following months!

May 4th, Rogue Untouched

Hellfire Gala Tie-Ins (unlikely but potential Rogue cameos, especially since Rogue is one of the 7 official team picks)
    June 2nd, Hellions #12
    June 2nd, Marauders #21
    June 2nd, X-Force #20

June 9th, Excalibur #21
    June 9th, X-Men #21

June 16th, New Mutants #19
    June 16th, Planet Size X-Men #1
    June 16th, X-Corp #2

June 23rd, SWORD #6
    June 23rd, Way of X #3
    June 23rd, Wolverine #13

June 30th, X-Factor #10

July 7th, X-Men #1

Bolded for issues where Rogue should have main or significant roles. well maybe I should not include Excalibur but...

Not sure if I'm missing anything here.
    There is also Magneto & the Mutant Force

Quote Originally Posted by rhaenylis View Post
    There is also Magneto & the Mutant Force
    Oof I completely forget about that series lol.

And I'm planning to pick it up too. xD

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

First Rogue Issue You Read?

I honestly can't remember. It would have had to have been a 90s issue. I remember buying X-Men #80 back in the day, although that wouldn't have been my first. Otherwise, one of the first comics I got when I was getting back into comics was X-Men Legacy 259

Favorite Team (with Rogue)?

The Blue Team but the Outback team is a close second

Preferred Powerset? Flying Brick or Solo Absorption?

Flying brick, for sure, but I do love Solo Absorption when it's written well. I think it can be pretty interesting when she's not completely bullet-proof and needs to get creative with her powers.

Favorite Underrated Rogue Writer?

Oof, that's tough. May have to come back to that one.

Favorite Rogue Artist?

Coipel. I just love the way he draws expressions and think that he made Rogue a great combination of pretty and spunky
    Make Good Art

X-Men #1 by Jim Lee, Chris Claremont. After watching XTAS))

Blue team from the 90s and Carey's "Suicide Squad"

I choose Solo Absorption. It's a pretty unique and interesting power. the battle scenes look just epic.

I agree witch Seagle

Favorite Rogue Artist?

I can't choose! Clayman, Coipel, then Larraz. Jim Lee and Marc Silvestri - classic

Happy to see more replies to the questions! Flying brick powerset got it's winning streak broken and Coipel seems to be leading the vote on favorite Rogue artist. I really miss seeing some of these artists on the books ;_;

Also welcome Serenada! To the forum and thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandmans_Raven View Post

I honestly can't remember. It would have had to have been a 90s issue. I remember buying X-Men #80 back in the day, although that wouldn't have been my first. Otherwise, one of the first comics I got when I was getting back into comics was X-Men Legacy 259

The Blue Team but the Outback team is a close second

Flying brick, for sure, but I do love Solo Absorption when it's written well. I think it can be pretty interesting when she's not completely bullet-proof and needs to get creative with her powers.

Oof, that's tough. May have to come back to that one.

Favorite Rogue Artist?

Coipel. I just love the way he draws expressions and think that he made Rogue a great combination of pretty and spunky

The portuguese version of the first salvo of Inferno. So I guess, Uncanny 239.

Outback team

Flying brick, Solo Absorption when it's written well, which, for me, last happened during Carey.

Carey

Favorite Rogue Artist?

Silvestri, Coipel, Mann, Pepe Larraz to name a few.
    For all your Rogue needs, give us a visit!
    https://www.facebook.com/BringBackBrawlinRogueSugah

Extraordinary Member

Can someone explain to what flying brick and solo absorption are.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Can someone explain to what flying brick and solo absorption are.
    Sure!

They are both powersets and 'versions' of Rogue that have been used in the past.

Flying brick means a combination of flight, superstrength and invulnerability. It's a pretty common set among superheroes, though more common in DC than Marvel. What it means for Rogue is those standard abilities plus her basic absorption powers. For most writers, this means that Rogue will act as the 'muscle' of a group with occasional absorption scenes sprinkled in a run. Claremont was one of the few writers able to balance this aspect of her character.

Rogue had this powerset from her debut to roughly around 2002, when she lost her powers temporarily. She gained a version of this powerset back around 2014 and currently still has it.

Solo absorption just means her basic absorption abilities. She was briefly restricted to this powerset from 2004-05 and but this version of Rogue was made iconic due the X-Men Legacy era from 2009 to 2014. Mike Carey was the one that used this version of Rogue most creatively. While more vulnerable, the characters was forced to think on her feet and usually resulted in pretty unique power interactions like Rogue absorbing through an astral form like shown below.

First Rogue Issue You Read

Can't remember

Favorite team

Supernovas (Rogue who runs her own suicide squad by Carey and Bachalo, it was just perfect)

Preferred powerset

Solo absorption

Much more unique

Favorite Underrated Rogue Writer

Maybe Christos Gage

I'd also be tempted to say Carey because he's just a genius and overall far too overlooked compared to other x-writers (I also feel like people focus too much on the Rogneto part)

Favorite Rogue Artist

Olivier Coipel <3
    Last edited by rhaenylis; 04-23-2021 at 03:15 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Sure!

They are both powersets and 'versions' of Rogue that have been used in the past.

Flying brick means a combination of flight, superstrength and invulnerability. It's a pretty common set among superheroes, though more common in DC than Marvel. What it means for Rogue is those standard abilities plus her basic absorption powers. For most writers, this means that Rogue will act as the 'muscle' of a group with occasional absorption scenes sprinkled in a run. Claremont was one of the few writers able to balance this aspect of her character.

Rogue had this powerset from her debut to roughly around 2002, when she lost her powers temporarily. She gained a version of this powerset back around 2014 and currently still has it.

Solo absorption just means her basic absorption abilities. She was briefly restricted to this powerset from 2004-05 and but this version of Rogue was made iconic due the X-Men Legacy era from 2009 to 2014. Mike Carey was the one that used this version of Rogue most creatively. While more vulnerable, the characters was forced to think on her feet and usually resulted in pretty unique power interactions like Rogue absorbing through an astral form like shown below.

Thanks a ton.
    Knowing this Solo Absorption seems far superior imo.As you said it does make her more vulnerable but gives us a much more creative use of her powers while The Flying Brick makes her boring and generic and in some instances OP.
    Under a good writer I can see that Flying brick will be better since she can still use her absorption creatively and the extra powers may allow her to put herself in more dangerous situations to use absorption more but for the majority makes her a brawler.Solo absorption gives much more creative use and can shine on her experience and skill while differentiating her from other brawlers.As said before this can all be done with Flying Brick but rarely and not to the same extent.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Thanks a ton.
    Knowing this Solo Absorption seems far superior imo.As you said it does make her more vulnerable but gives us a much more creative use of her powers while The Flying Brick makes her boring and generic and in some instances OP.
    Under a good writer I can see that Flying brick will be better since she can still use her absorption creatively and the extra powers may allow her to put herself in more dangerous situations to use absorption more but for the majority makes her a brawler.Solo absorption gives much more creative use and can shine on her experience and skill while differentiating her from other brawlers.As said before this can all be done with Flying Brick but rarely and not to the same extent.
    Some sort of increased physical strength and durability is probably the most common superpower if you look at the genre as a whole.

Lots of people who are not considered to be flying bricks can be. Any powerful telepath/telekinetic can increase their strength and durability. Ditto any magic user or high end energy manipulator.

But Rogue’s power/personality absorbtion always made her unique.

Plus when you have good writers there’s no need to constantly change people’s powers. Do a good job with characterization and put the characters in interesting situations.

I liked Rogue and Gambit a lot better in their solo book than Excalibur, for example.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

First Rogue Issue You Read

UXM 175

Favorite team

Outback X-Men

Preferred powerset

Solo absorption...I especially love when she does unique combinations, simultaneously.

Favorite Underrated Rogue Writer

Don't have one.

Favorite Rogue Artist

Paul M. Smith, Romita Jr. Silvestri, Olivier Coipel ...and others.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

I think a lot of people are underwhelmed by her absorption-only powers because of the movies (which shows what a lack of creativity the Fox movies had), but X-men Evolution and Carey proved she is wildly useful and powerful with just her absorption. I think that era would have been a lot better received had they explored her personal feelings of going from the strong, invulnerable woman to suddenly not, but Claremont gave her a break and Austen didn't care, so we didn't get much of anything there.