Extraordinary Member Iron_Twister's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Postmania View Post
    Speaking of Falcon + Winter Soldier, at least he'll never be subject to an interview like this

good times
    ...Can I just somehow apologize to the banking comic because while that was just nonsense (why yes Steve, talking about opening an online banking account counts for good comic book banter), it's still amusing for all the weird reasons than that drivel of an interview that was so cringe, other writers tend to crap on the Sally character later on to express that.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    So, looking at the reviews in this thread regarding the Mortal Kombat movie, I think I'm gonna skip it. Was already leaning toward not watching it because they did Johnny Cage dirty by not making him a part in it despite him having a major role in almost every MK-based production except Mortal Kombat: Annihilation (which sucked), Defenders of the Realm (which sucked), and Conquest (which was a prequel based around Great Kung Lao, though it somehow had Scorpion in it).

You know, I'm seeing a pattern here. If you make a production based in the MK mythos and don't have Johnny Cage in a major role, it's probably going to suck.
    honestly I think it's okay to see, just not in theaters, wish I'd watched it on HBO max

Huh, they actually made Gojo more terrifying than in canon, to the point that Sukuna looks like the less evil option.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    honestly I think it's okay to see, just not in theaters, wish I'd watched it on HBO max
    This. I can't imagine paying outrageous ticket prices for this tripe. Even still, I only bought HBO Max specifically for this, so I'm severely disappointed.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    Save the time and watch 95' instead. 2021 MK literally gets worse the more I think about it.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

new xmen title out: way of X. this one focuses on nightcrawler and expanding on an earlier plot point of a mutant religion. decent opener with a lot of questions about mutant resurrection and all.

Extraordinary Member

Mortal Kombat was incredibly dumb. I had fun with it.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    So, looking at the reviews in this thread regarding the Mortal Kombat movie, I think I'm gonna skip it. Was already leaning toward not watching it because they did Johnny Cage dirty by not making him a part in it despite him having a major role in almost every MK-based production except Mortal Kombat: Annihilation (which sucked), Defenders of the Realm (which sucked), and Conquest (which was a prequel based around Great Kung Lao, though it somehow had Scorpion in it).

You know, I'm seeing a pattern here. If you make a production based in the MK mythos and don't have Johnny Cage in a major role, it's probably going to suck.
    Eh, I say just look up the fight scenes on youtube and you'll get all you need out of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    new xmen title out: way of X. this one focuses on nightcrawler and expanding on an earlier plot point of a mutant religion. decent opener with a lot of questions about mutant resurrection and all.
    The first issue is an extended series of Kurt going WTF, and it's great

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    This. I can't imagine paying outrageous ticket prices for this tripe. Even still, I only bought HBO Max specifically for this, so I'm severely disappointed.
    I got it for Godzilla vs. Kong. Between watching it 3 times and episodes of the classic Ben 10 series, I wasn't disappointed.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Dead Meat did kill counts for the first two live action mortal Kombat movies.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Fantastic Member

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Laevatein View Post
    i actually used this trope in my book: a big beefy sasquatch named grooz, who speaks only in his own tongue and loves the ladies.

12 days to go.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Extraordinary Member

One Piece: Interesting twist with Big Mom. I wonder how that'll affect her alliance with Kaido. Hopefully she won't go around knocking out all his lieutenants. That would be very anti-climactic.

And Hawkins is probably going to loose to Killer now, which bums me out a bit since Hawkins had my favourite design out of the Supernovas when they were first introduced (and one of the more interesting power sets), so I'm a bit disappointed that he's mostly been jobbing all over this arc and that his probably final fight won't even be against one of the Strawhats. Oh well, hopefull he and Killer can have a cool fight.

Black Clover: That's a pretty darn clutch new spell from Magna. I don't think that it'll win the day here, but it should mess Dante up pretty darn hard. Especially if other can attack him without disrupting the spell.

My Hero Academia: I always appreciate One For All lore dumps, and seeing Deku be a very polite and good boy.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    One Piece: Interesting twist with Big Mom. I wonder how that'll affect her alliance with Kaido. Hopefully she won't go around knocking out all his lieutenants. That would be very anti-climactic.

And Hawkins is probably going to loose to Killer now, which bums me out a bit since Hawkins had my favourite design out of the Supernovas when they were first introduced (and one of the more interesting power sets), so I'm a bit disappointed that he's mostly been jobbing all over this arc and that his probably final fight won't even be against one of the Strawhats. Oh well, hopefull he and Killer can have a cool fight.
    Hawkins fatalism goes so contrary to One Piece's themes that it doesn't surprise me that he's gonna get knocked down a peg. What I'm wondering is whether or not he'll get a character arc that knocks him out of that

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post

I wouldn't say that he's jobbed anywhere that I can think of.

He's been presented as a legit threat to pretty much all the named characters he's encountered in combat and successfully outfoxed Law and forced him to surrender through good use of his powers.

Not really jobbing as I see it.