Page 19 of 51 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast

Teen Titans and Young Avengers have both gone heavy on the social media angle in the past. At around the same time actually, about eight years ago.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Good news guys, Snowguard is still in the book. She's shown fighting Roxxon in her own way by leading a protest. Lore is also making use of the solo supporting casts, as NATALIE and Bruno show up.
    That was pretty cool to see.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I feel like it's a solid start to a new run.

So teen heroes are still illegal, but not like fervently hunted down like they were before. Basically they're like Spider-Man now. Although is Riri still a wanted fugitive? She kind of seems like she is, and that's part of why she's resentful.

I think they were inevitably going to have to cut the team down, so I'm not surprised they stuck with the "big names" on the team, but Snowguard popping up implies other members might appear infrequently.

So the new villains were basically just hired help and the Champions jumped the gun. On that front they probably would've been in trouble whether they were illegal or otherwise.

I feel like it really feels like a teen Superhero book with all this focus on apps, social media, and corporation run by plastic people. I get that it's relevant, but on some level it feels like it's trying a little too hard to be hip.

Who is running Roxxon with the Minotaur gone? This public relations girl seems like the main corporate figure, but not sure how to feel about her. And why a giant robot?
    That, and Viv betrayed the team and was accepted back on almost automatically, so there's still some lingering resentment on that front as well for Riri. As for Champions incorporating more contemporary teen culture than we've seen in previous runs, I'm willing to roll with it for now, generation gap aside.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Mighty Member

Solid start for the new team.

Riri has every right to be still upset, and I like that there is still some tension among the teammates about everything that happened.

Happy to see Snowguard is still in the book and I hope this means that other members of the Champions will continue to show up in some capacity.

Here's the solicit for issue #8

CHAMPIONS #8
    DANNY LORE (W) • LUCIANO VECCHIO (A)
    Cover by TONI INFANTE
    MARVEL ANIME VARIANT COVER
    BY PEACH MOMOKO
    A protest against Kamala’s Law goes south when Roxxon uses its app to lure the crowd into a trap. Can the Champions save the protestors without exposing the Champions’ moles within Roxxon? And can they figure out Roxxon’s true endgame in time to stop it, or is it already too late?

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post

CHAMPIONS #8
    Cover by TONI INFANTE
    BY PEACH MOMOKO
    A protest against Kamala’s Law goes south when Roxxon uses its app to lure the crowd into a trap. Can the Champions save the protestors without exposing the Champions’ moles within Roxxon? And can they figure out Roxxon’s true endgame in time to stop it, or is it already too late?
    I guess if it's a protest, we might see other Champions members there to protest the law.

Sounds like Amka has a pretty big role then even if she isn't working with the main team at the moment. She must've gone her own way because of how Viv betrayed her, but she still wants to help take down Roxxon, hence her leading the protests. And you're right, it would make sense for her to get other team members involved.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post

CHAMPIONS #8
    Cover by TONI INFANTE
    BY PEACH MOMOKO
    Let me guess, public endangerment that Roxxon spins to the public and media as the Champions' fault?

Eve Ewing has an article in the New York Times about writing black superheroes. Of course Ironheart is one of the characters discussed.
    https://www.nytimes.com/2021/04/23/a...mic-books.html

Article about Snowguard's role in #6.
    https://www.cbr.com/champions-snowguard-activist/

Vecchio drew a Marvel Voices Pride #1 variant cover.
    https://bleedingcool.com/comics/luci...variant-cover/

As you can see, Viv is on it. The empty space is supposed to be a brand new character who debuts in that issue. I wonder if that would be a new Champion, considering Vecchio is our current artist?

Incredible Member

Some pages of the Young Squadron one-shot

https://www.marvel.com/amp/articles/...uadron-preview

Quote Originally Posted by Nerwrax15 View Post
    Some pages of the Young Squadron one-shot

https://www.marvel.com/amp/articles/...uadron-preview
    This should be interesting.

Astonishing Member

Posting the images here. They are sans text.

Astonishing Member

Looks awesome! I'd kinda love to have a mini of this.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post

Looks awesome! I'd kinda love to have a mini of this.
    I'd be okay with them delaying either this or the next champions issue one month, just so we don't have that one month of NOTHING.