Page 234 of 772 FirstFirst ... 134184224230231232233234235236237238244284334734 ... LastLast
Results 3,496 to 3,510 of 11576
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dirtynun View Post
    Yh we just have to. I also don't see the classiness in the whole virginity thing it strikes me as tacky. Like I am sorry but did I need to know that she lost her virginity at 12? how about rather than giving us unnenerving information about her sex life, marvel should give us info about her lineage. Her godhood you know? Things that are relevant to the greater plot. Like what am I or any other storm fan supposed to do with "lose virginity at 12"

Well I didn't say the x books are any better now did I? But saying that black panther books gives her development is murky at best, I mean what is the development we have from there she has godhood. Which is not a surprise for what it implies but was much more interesting because of how it was handled with the godhead bloodline concept. But aside that what else? That's why I believe I and most if not all storm fans want her to get a solo or at least an x team book focusing on her centrally. Because these concepts needs to be explored they are to universe shattering. I am also in the team that believes the x-men are also holding her back not just wakanda. I mean if she is not battling an army she is over on the island being a mom and I am like *\0/*, you literally have an omega level mutant goddess in the flesh and she is there collecting dust and deliberating on issues that are mostly not even worth deliberating about . I just believe storm is more than wakanda hell she is not even from there how about we explore her in her actually home country kenya for a change.

Say it! Cautiously optimistic. They have done so before and disappointed greatly I don't think their train of though is the same as we her fans when they say big story coming up but we would wait and see.

Exactly why that solo is needed like ten years ago.

Exactly why we need a solo*\0/**\0/**\0/*

I think it is here that storm is going to prove why she the strongest weather manipulator in marvel by creating and controlling a worldwide storm. The ball is literally just there by the hole all they have to do is blow on it seriously it is sooo easy to just do that, like they can easily do this. ...
    But I suppose they won't if we go by track record.

Yh like currently there is an ignoramus on comic vine stating that human torch is more versatile than storm....smh like I just can't any more.

Please which issue was that in doom war I wanna read it.

There's a lot here.

1. Dickey's story was retconned back to their original meeting in the Amazing Xmen Annual:

so it being classy or not doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of things.

2. I would disagree about it being murky. Outside of the goddess development, Coates and crew explored her ties and connection to her father's hometown Harlem. It is here we learned that during her time away from the xmen she would fight for black causes (something never done in the xbooks). Morever, she discussed what it meant to be not only a mutant but a black woman in a society that was built from men who held racist ideals. Coates also explored the femininity of Ororo and challenged the idea that women are catty when they share a common interest in a man. There were a lot of great moments that were explored during the tenure of Coates and it went well beyond anything the xoffices have done in recent years with her. There emphasis has been that she is a mutant and only a mutant not looking beyond that.

3. I didn't mean to say doomwar. I meant to reference the roguestorm story:

ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    found the other scan from preview that says thre are fires plaguing the planet. Thor is thinking of creating a world wide storm to put it out:

krakoa may not get involved but I would be surprised if storm still opted not to do anything especially considering her link to the planet:

What title and issue is that second scan from?

My Storm swimsuit art, summer is coming!

Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Fantastic Member

Agreed to the entirety of this post. Ororo's abilities are simple. Claremont explained it many moons ago:

Exactly! And although Vulcan ( another Energy manipulator) is said to be the Omega Level Energy Manipulator, I don’t think he can manipulate the fundamental forces of nature as well which Storm is able to do.
    I am a woman, a mutant, a thief, an X-Men, a lover, a wife, a Goddess. I am all these things. I am Storm, and for me, there are no such things as limits.

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    What title and issue is that second scan from?
    You really remind me so much of another poster who used to frequent this site. The issue is Uncanny Xmen First Class, Issue 5.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    My Storm swimsuit art, summer is coming!

nice pic beloved!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Idiopop View Post
    Exactly! And although Vulcan ( another Energy manipulator) is said to be the Omega Level Energy Manipulator, I don’t think he can manipulate the fundamental forces of nature as well which Storm is able to do.
    well the interesting thing is that as a weather manipulator she does this by way of energy manipulation. so one could argue she technically is an omega level energy manipulator. lol
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Fantastic Member

well the interesting thing is that as a weather manipulator she does this by way of energy manipulation. so one could argue she technically is an omega level energy manipulator. lol
    I actually think Storm is stronger than Vulcan so not trying to discredit her but I think Hickman specified that Omega Level means that they are the mutants whose dominant power is deemed to register, or reach, an undefinable upper limit of that power's specific classification. Emphasis on “specific”. So while Storm is the best at bending the forces and energy of weather to her will, Vulcan can manipulate, absorb, and channel any and all forms of energy. However “Force” is not interchangeable with energy. There are four fundamental forces of the universe ( Electromagnetic, Gravitational, Strong Force, and Weak Force) Vulcan is not able to control those forces while Storm can, because of her full control over the weather extends to the very forces of nature itself.

For example, Vulcan was able to manipulate and suppress the energies of other mutants powers and solidify energy into constructs, but if he tries to use Storm’s weather powers against her she will always win because she has better control of energy when it comes to that area.

So while they are both Omega Level Mutants, Storm’s specialty is not direct energy manipulation, her omega capabilities have to do with energy and force manipulation of weather conditions, which we already know how powerful that can be.
    Last edited by Idiopop; 04-30-2021 at 07:25 PM.
    I am a woman, a mutant, a thief, an X-Men, a lover, a wife, a Goddess. I am all these things. I am Storm, and for me, there are no such things as limits.

BANNED

I actually think Storm is stronger than Vulcan so not trying to discredit her but I think Hickman specified that Omega Level means that they are the mutants whose dominant power is deemed to register, or reach, an undefinable upper limit of that power's specific classification. Emphasis on “specific”. So while Storm is the best at bending the forces and energy of weather to her will, Vulcan can manipulate, absorb, and channel any and all forms of energy. However “Force” is not interchangeable with energy. There are four fundamental forces of the universe ( Electromagnetic, Gravitational, Strong Force, and Weak Force) Vulcan is not able to control those forces while Storm can, because of her full control over the weather extends to the very forces of nature itself.

For example, Vulcan was able to manipulate and suppress the energies of other mutants powers and solidify energy into constructs, but if he tries to use StormÂ’s weather powers against her she will always win because she has better control of energy when it comes to that area.

So while they are both Omega Level Mutants, StormÂ’s specialty is not direct energy manipulation, her omega capabilities have to do with energy and force manipulation of weather conditions, which we already know how powerful that can be.
    I always say this but amongst the omegas the strongest are the most versatile since every one has limitless power. When we look at the omega ability if storm we get weather manipulation. Now on the nose it seems like that is done and simple but not quiet. Storms omega power is not just that she can make it rain really hard or that she can or can make house size hailstones all though that is well within her power but that's the surface. Her power as we all know is the manipulation and perception of all forces and energy that govern and determine weather. She has the master key when it comes to what makes weather. We know that this forces go all the way to the very fundamental forces that govern the universe and possibly beyond as we know that the quantum realm also exist. But with the fundamental forces and the energies storm is able to do something that is omega and that is determine the elements that make weather. Now why am I saying this? I always say that storm making a windstorm out of nanobots is one of her truly omega feats it shows that she doesn't only have control over elements but also the forces that move those elements to make meteorological phenomenon. This means she is not only a high order matter manipulator as she can move matter according to the energy systems and forces that determine weather. That is what truly makes her omega.

You really remind me so much of another poster who used to frequent this site. The issue is Uncanny Xmen First Class, Issue 5.

nice pic beloved!!!

That is why I was asking about magneto being able to fully control the electromagnetic force. Because I do know he has a degree if control over the force but he only has omega level magnetism which is just one part of the force. He has done some epic stuff with his magnetism but I have never seen him create and manipulate a lighting storm. Storm on the other hand gas done several lightning storms and has such control over it she can control neural electricity, but storm has also directly controlled magnetism at a planetary level at least twice. That's why I say that with magnetism yh magneto gets the edge but with electromagnetism storm beats him outsince it's all part of her stockpile omega power. The same can be said of bobby his omega power is negative temprature manipulation. But storm not only has that but also heat manipulation in theory bobby can reach absolute zero but so can storm and to do one better storm can theoretically reach the planck temprature. As her thermokinesis is on an omega level because it's part of her stockpile ability of omega weather manipulation.
    Another way I explain it is this jean and quetin are omega telepaths we have many telepaths that can do different things take prodigy, karma ...etc they have a specialized form in telepathy if any of them were omega at their ability it wouldn't take from the fact that jean and quetin can also do what they can at an omega level because telepathy encompasses what they can do and soo much more.
    That's why I kind of get why Duggan said she the omegas omega but I will need more evidence as to why she tops the reality warpers because they are the most versatile making them the strongest omegas. Along with legion and hope.

Fantastic Member

It’s been really quiet in here. How about we discuss this?

I remember Dave Crockum also saying something similar. That she was meant to be ethnically ambiguous and the most beautiful female character.

Also disregarding the supernatural aspect of it, for the people that think she needs textured hair because shes black, Africa has a variety of different skin tones and hair types. Not every tribe in Africa has kinky hair.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Been there discussed that...ad nauseum. But knock yourselves out.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

For example, Vulcan was able to manipulate and suppress the energies of other mutants powers and solidify energy into constructs, but if he tries to use Storm’s weather powers against her she will always win because she has better control of energy when it comes to that area.

So while they are both Omega Level Mutants, Storm’s specialty is not direct energy manipulation, her omega capabilities have to do with energy and force manipulation of weather conditions, which we already know how powerful that can be.
    Great points. First we must keep in mind there are a couple of mutants on the list with the same omega level power description. In the case if storm yes hers is specific to weather manipulation but as you've stated her ability to manipulate the weather is by direct control of energy and natural forces that make up weather. So I would argue her classification is a specialized subset of energy manipulation, which also include natural forces.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtynun View Post
    I always say this but amongst the omegas the strongest are the most versatile since every one has limitless power. When we look at the omega ability if storm we get weather manipulation. Now on the nose it seems like that is done and simple but not quiet. Storms omega power is not just that she can make it rain really hard or that she can or can make house size hailstones all though that is well within her power but that's the surface. Her power as we all know is the manipulation and perception of all forces and energy that govern and determine weather. She has the master key when it comes to what makes weather. We know that this forces go all the way to the very fundamental forces that govern the universe and possibly beyond as we know that the quantum realm also exist. But with the fundamental forces and the energies storm is able to do something that is omega and that is determine the elements that make weather. Now why am I saying this? I always say that storm making a windstorm out of nanobots is one of her truly omega feats it shows that she doesn't only have control over elements but also the forces that move those elements to make meteorological phenomenon. This means she is not only a high order matter manipulator as she can move matter according to the energy systems and forces that determine weather. That is what truly makes her omega.

That is why I was asking about magneto being able to fully control the electromagnetic force. Because I do know he has a degree if control over the force but he only has omega level magnetism which is just one part of the force. He has done some epic stuff with his magnetism but I have never seen him create and manipulate a lighting storm. Storm on the other hand gas done several lightning storms and has such control over it she can control neural electricity, but storm has also directly controlled magnetism at a planetary level at least twice. That's why I say that with magnetism yh magneto gets the edge but with electromagnetism storm beats him outsince it's all part of her stockpile omega power. The same can be said of bobby his omega power is negative temprature manipulation. But storm not only has that but also heat manipulation in theory bobby can reach absolute zero but so can storm and to do one better storm can theoretically reach the planck temprature. As her thermokinesis is on an omega level because it's part of her stockpile ability of omega weather manipulation.
    Another way I explain it is this jean and quetin are omega telepaths we have many telepaths that can do different things take prodigy, karma ...etc they have a specialized form in telepathy if any of them were omega at their ability it wouldn't take from the fact that jean and quetin can also do what they can at an omega level because telepathy encompasses what they can do and soo much more.
    That's why I kind of get why Duggan said she the omegas omega but I will need more evidence as to why she tops the reality warpers because they are the most versatile making them the strongest omegas. Along with legion and hope.
    these are also great points. I think to some it up from what I've gathered is storm is perhaps the most versatile of omegas (hence Omega's omega). She not just manipulating one form of energy or solely energy. She is manipulating a gambit of power functions which overlaps with many of the other omegas on the list.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 05-03-2021 at 10:34 AM.

It’s been really quiet in here. How about we discuss this?

I remember Dave Crockum also saying something similar. That she was meant to be ethnically ambiguous and the most beautiful female character.

Also disregarding the supernatural aspect of it, for the people that think she needs textured hair because shes black, Africa has a variety of different skin tones and hair types. Not every tribe in Africa has kinky hair.
    that scan was just indicative of the doctor's ignorance as prior to that, after that issue and even within the same issue she was described as a black woman/girl:

Last edited by butterflykyss; 05-03-2021 at 10:32 AM.

Storm has been describe repeatedly as being a black woman. The doctor was simply making ignorant speculation, and like Kyss mentioned, she was referred to as black right after his little spiel. So let's stop beating an overly dead horse.

Fantastic Member

that scan was just indicative of the doctor's ignorance as prior to that, after that issue and even within the same issue she was described as a black woman/girl:

I mean yeah she’s obviously black not mixed. (Both her parents being black) But they were probably just saying that because of her bloodline and her being born with the long white hair and blue eyes which are typically caucasian features ( which is not to say other races can’t naturally have those) but it’s rare.

I mean yeah she’s obviously black not mixed. (Both her parents being black) But they were probably just saying that because of her bloodline and her being born with the long white hair and blue eyes which are typically caucasian features ( which is not to say other races can’t naturally have those) but it’s rare.
    Claremont was trying to draw attention to how she was an atypical black character but even her aesthetic, though rare, has been seen on real life. it just highlights Claremont's ignorance regarding race.

Fantastic Member

Claremont was trying to draw attention to how she was an atypical black character but even her aesthetic, though rare, has been seen on real life. it just highlights Claremont's ignorance regarding race.
    Yeah I can agree with that