Page 86 of 177 FirstFirst ... 367682838485868788899096136 ... LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,290 of 2641

It's from the same producers who gave us the 2011 GL movie. Little reason to hope it will be good but who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by Samm View Post
    The original intent was to add them for more diversity because the JL was extremely male and White... fortunately it turned out great and we got two amazing characters from the show. Shayera and John owe their popularity to that show
    Yep. But my point is that that was just one facet of the reasons why they were included. I got the impression that the producers were fans of the characters as well.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    It's from the same producers who gave us the 2011 GL movie. Little reason to hope it will be good but who knows.

WHAT?!

I'm out
    The J-man

Yep. Geoff Johns and Greg Berlanti were the producers on the 2011 GL movie and they are also working on this one as well alongside Arrow's Marc Guggenheim.

HBO Max has ordered 10 one-hour episodes of “Green Lantern.” The series will be co-written and executive produced by Greg Berlanti, Seth Grahame-Smith and Marc Guggenheim, with Grahame-Smith serving as showrunner. Geoff Johns, Sarah Schechter, David Madden, and David Katzenberg also executive produce, with Elizabeth Hunter and Sara Saedi co-executive producing. Berlanti Productions will produce in association with Warner Bros. Television, where Berlanti is under a rich overall deal.
    https://variety.com/2021/tv/news/gre...er-1234937159/

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sodam Yat View Post
    John Stewart focused? Isn't Hal Jordan going to be co-leading in the movie as well?
    Yes. Hal will be in the movie. He and John will be the main characters. It was reported that it will be like a ''Lethal Weapon" buddy cop movie.

To be fair we haven't heard anything about that in years now so the initial premise of that movie could've very well been changed by now. I do agree with what Sodam mentioned that WB is probably on a "wait and see" basis with the GL brand. Remember they previously announced The Flash movie on the same week The Flash TV show made its debut. The way WB operates with lesser known DC brands seems to be that brand needs to have some mainstream presence in other media first, or in this case a more positive mainstream presence after they had already messed up that brand years prior. If this show does good numbers they would probably announce the movie shortly afterwards. Also if the show is indeed tied to the movie, perhaps that's the reason Geoff Johns is attached to it since he was supposed to be writing and producing the reboot. Maybe he's only hands-on in terms of making sure the show doesn't affect anything in the movie, especially when you consider that Sinestro in his GL days will be a part of the show as well.
    Last edited by Johnny; 05-01-2021 at 03:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post

"Release the John Stewart cut!"

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    "Release the John Stewart cut!"
    They were tweeting that out lol. I hope this puts pressure on WB to accelerate their GLC plans.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    They were tweeting that out lol. I hope this puts pressure on WB to accelerate their GLC plans.
    I've been seeing that too! That's a good thing for the GL brand.

I really want to see that John Stewart cut. Just looking at the shoot behind the scenes makes me even more excited for John on the big screen.

I've been seeing that too! That's a good thing for the GL brand.
    I want a clean break with the Snyderverse (as much as possible anyway), so I’m happy if the Snyder fans throwing a tantrum pushes WB to cast someone else as John as a middle finger to them. Nothing against Wayne just want a new vision.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Ultimate Member

Anyone seen him in anything else?

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Anyone seen him in anything else?
    I haven't seem him anywhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I want a clean break with the Snyderverse (as much as possible anyway), so I’m happy if the Snyder fans throwing a tantrum pushes WB to cast someone else as John as a middle finger to them. Nothing against Wayne just want a new vision.
    I agree lol. It's possible when the do a John Stewart casting, it may be someone a little more well known than Wayne T Carr.

I have more confidence now that if there is a GL in the Justice League, it will be John Stewart.

Another good thing, is that it seems like they're going to ditch the CGI suit this time around and use a real costume. That's much better.

There's zero chance Carr is used. They'll almost definitely go for a bigger name or at least a rising talent for the role. This was a Snyder choice and by Snyder's own account he's on the outs with the studio right now.

I haven't seem him anywhere else.

I agree lol. It's possible when the do a John Stewart casting, it may be someone a little more well known than Wayne T Carr.

I have more confidence now that if there is a GL in the Justice League, it will be John Stewart.

Another good thing, is that it seems like they're going to ditch the CGI suit this time around and use a real costume. That's much better.
    You were worried? Even when Johns was involved the plan was always for John & Hal. With Johns gone there was never any chance of Stewart not being the main GL for the movie, it’s why he’s not in the series. The studio execs are causals at best just like the mainstream audience, I doubt they even knew there were GLs other than Stewart until recently.

I just hope to God it’s not an adaption of Xanshi blowing up.