Page 143 of 776 FirstFirst ... 4393133139140141142143144145146147153193243643 ... LastLast
Results 2,131 to 2,145 of 11639

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Everybody is forgetting Black Knight. Him and Sersi will probably be the main leads with Ikaris as the secondary. Gemma will be the exceptional Eternal who acts outside of their doctrines, Black Knight will be the audience surrogate and Ikaris will be the voice of how Eternals should be acting. Basically like the Cap/Widow/Falcon trio in the TWS.
    As someone who never read an Eternals comic I originally would have assumed that the biggest star would play the lead but Jolie's character isn't even the third most important? That's surprising.
    Last edited by chicago_bastard; 05-02-2021 at 03:59 AM.
    Tolstoy will live forever. Some people do. But that's not enough. It's not the length of a life that matters, just the depth of it. The chances we take. The paths we choose. How we go on when our hearts break. Hearts always break and so we bend with our hearts. And we sway. But in the end what matters is that we loved... and lived.

Quote Originally Posted by chicago_bastard View Post
    As someone who never read an Eternals comic I originally would have assumed that the biggest star would play the lead but Jolie's character isn't even the third important? That's surprising.
    I totally get what you're saying, but if you think of the first Thor film, Anthony Hopkins was the biggest name but was in support. Alec Guinness was arguably the biggest name in Star Wars, but wasn't the lead. And in the first Bond film I think Jack Lord was probably more famous than Sean Connery. It does happen - you get a big name to play a smaller role to lend glamour to your film, but you have a cheaper actor take the weight for most of the movie.

Ultimate Member

Everybody is forgetting Black Knight. Him and Sersi will probably be the main leads with Ikaris as the secondary. Gemma will be the exceptional Eternal who acts outside of their doctrines, Black Knight will be the audience surrogate and Ikaris will be the voice of how Eternals should be acting. Basically like the Cap/Widow/Falcon trio in the TWS.
    To be fair, does anyone remember black Knight?

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    That's cool, I guess

Quote Originally Posted by Panic View Post
    I totally get what you're saying, but if you think of the first Thor film, Anthony Hopkins was the biggest name but was in support. Alec Guinness was arguably the biggest name in Star Wars, but wasn't the lead. And in the first Bond film I think Jack Lord was probably more famous than Sean Connery. It does happen - you get a big name to play a smaller role to lend glamour to your film, but you have a cheaper actor take the weight for most of the movie.
    Plus many of the big-name actors may not want to continue in the franchise, so they give the roles with future appearances to small-name actors

Quote Originally Posted by Panic View Post
    Yep. It fits Marvel's pattern of casting acclaimed actors in support roles:

Jeff Bridges: Obadiah Stane
    Anthony Hopkins: Odin
    Stanley Tucci: Dr Erskine
    Samuel L Jackson: Nick Fury
    Robert Redford: Alexander Pierce
    Glenn Close: Leader of the Nova Corps
    Kurt Russell: Ego
    Sylvestor Stallone: Stakar

And now Russell Crowe as Zeus.

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    To be fair, does anyone remember black Knight?
    Uhh yeah? I'm only a casual fan of the Avengers comics but even I know Dane Whiteman by the dint of him being part of the line up in the some of the most acclaimed Avengers runs. He's a hard character to *not* notice.

Ultimate Member

Uhh yeah? I'm only a casual fan of the Avengers comics but even I know Dane Whiteman by the dint of him being part of the line up in the some of the most acclaimed Avengers runs. He's a hard character to *not* notice.
    I was trying to be funny.

Extraordinary Member

Marvel Studios in Disbelief Over MCU Eternals Quality

Marvel Studios Reportedly Near Disbelief Over MCU Eternals Movie's High Quality

https://thedirect.com/article/marvel...early-reaction

https://www.reddit.com/r/MarvelTheor...ear_disbelief/

I was trying to be funny.
    Use emojis next time.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Use emojis next time.
    Ok. My point was basically he's not the most well known Avenger. But then again, that's a lot of MCU characters.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

The official title for Captain Marvel 2 is announced (and appears at the 2:47 timestamp):

https://www.marvel.com/articles/movi...-marvels-title
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Seems like an odd decision to take "Captain Marvel" out of the title of a sequel fo a movie that made a billion.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Seems like an odd decision to take "Captain Marvel" out of the title of a sequel fo a movie that made a billion.
    Probably to pacify all the anti Larson fanbrats. Lmao.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    Probably to pacify all the anti Larson fanbrats. Lmao.
    Didn't CM1 make a boatload of money despite all that?

Didn't CM1 make a boatload of money despite all that?
    over a billion

which makes this decision all the more confusing.

Captain Marvel: [insert subtitle implying team up] would have been much more... normal?

from a branding position, it is just odd
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Mighty Member

over a billion

Captain Marvel: [insert subtitle implying team up] would have been much more... normal?

Well, Kamala Khan was said to appear and is going to appear in CM 2. So, I'm guessing she'll have a bigger role to play than was initially considered? Maybe that's the reason for the title change?

over a billion

Maybe they will change to Captain marvel: the Marvels

captain marvel is th eonly female led superhero movie to do over 1B