Page 353 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 253303343349350351352353354355356357363403453853 ... LastLast
Results 5,281 to 5,295 of 15079
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    Now you see why many were arguing for them to push BP2 back to give people time before a recast. That would’ve been better than all the craziness they’re gonna have to pull to make T’Challa come back in a future film. But then you have to consider the cast.

Maybe it’ll be cathartic for them to send off Boseman’s version of the character and bring back a version from the multiverse. Or for them to have T’Challa be missing in space for him to triumphantly return later. To me I’m ok with it because I eventually get my favorite superhero back but I could see how general audiences could be like “why didn’t they do this before”.
    I'd like to see more of him also, so I also think they should recast him now. But if they don't, and instead do it later, I feel it'll be awkward, even if we do get more T'Challa

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    The cast have made it clear they can’t see anyone but Chadwick in the role so why would they even bother with a multiverse version T’Challa? And again, that’s not getting into all the people to have Shuri don the mantle that’ll go ballistic if that happens.
    Well, they made the decision presumably a couple weeks/months after Boseman died. And just like us, time will help heal the wounds they’ve gotten from the experience so who knows how Nyong’o and Kaluuya will feel 3-4 years from now? Maybe Coogler sees mourning his friend’s iteration of the character in the sequel and then bringing a fresh face in the role for the finale as poetic.

Either way, the cast and creatives onboard is why I think we’re more likely to see T’Challa when they get mostly phased out than in BP3. A BP sequel trilogy likely won’t have the same set of people behind the scenes or onscreen so they’re more likely to have different opinions and ideas about what the world of BP should look like. Which may include T’Challa as BP. Obviously I could be wrong but it’s possible.

Well, they made the decision presumably a couple weeks/months after Boseman died. And just like us, time will help heal the wounds they’ve gotten from the experience so who knows how Nyong’o and Kaluuya will feel 3-4 years from now? Maybe Coogler sees mourning his friend’s iteration of the character in the sequel and then bringing a fresh face in the role for the finale as poetic.

Either way, the cast and creatives onboard is why I think we’re more likely to see T’Challa when they get mostly phased out than in BP3. A BP sequel trilogy likely won’t have the same set of people behind the scenes or onscreen so they’re more likely to have different opinions and ideas about what the world of BP should look like. Which may include T’Challa as BP. Obviously I could be wrong but it’s possible.
    “In the finale.” So T’Challa gets brought back at the very end just for the feels? All the while missing out on getting a proper character arc and missing out on any major team up films that will be made before BP3? If that happens I’m just gonna roll my eyes because really by that point the new guy playing T’Challa won’t have much to work with. The supporting cast will likely be taking their final bow by the third film. Not to mention they’re probably going to use some of T’Challas biggest stories for Shuri like SWAD.

Seriously what would be the point in bringing him back other than using his return as a marketing tool?
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Well, if this is the tone we can expect for the next year, I'm done.

I have enough negativity in my life right now…

ETA: I'm just tired of it all. The comics almost all suck, and the movies are inspiring more anger than acclaim.

It makes being a fan a crappy deal, you know?
    Last edited by DigiCom; 05-03-2021 at 04:40 PM.

Astonishing Member

“In the finale.” So T’Challa gets brought back at the very end just for the feels? All the while missing out on getting a proper character arc and missing out on any major team up films that will be made before BP3? If that happens I’m just gonna roll my eyes because really by that point the new guy playing T’Challa won’t have much to work with. The supporting cast will likely be taking their final bow by the third film. Not to mention they’re probably going to use some of T’Challas biggest stories for Shuri like SWAD.

Seriously what would be the point in bringing him back other than using his return as a marketing tool?
    If we assume T’Challa comes back in BP3 that’s only one solo film without him in it. And maybe 1 season of a D+ series. That’s one major storyline they can give to Shuri, but that hardly leaves the next guy nothing to work with. T’Challa’s got almost 300 solo issues to his name, they won’t even have scratched the surface by the time BP3 comes along. And the way I see it, they’d bring T’Challa back because the film either underperforms or because that was always Coogler’s plan.

Sure he’d miss out on some things, but T’Challa isn’t such a barren character that just because he misses 1 or two team up films he’ll become an eternal non-factor in the MCU if he were to return. That’s unreasonable given how popular the character is and how much of a draw he would’ve become after a few years on the shelf. And it’s not like most of the supporting cast from the first film weren’t basically OC’s or that some of them won’t stick around after BP3. They can either be replaced by other OCs or continue on in prominent supporting roles. Idk, T’Challa in BP3 isn’t ideal but I like it better than him never appearing again on the big screen. Which do you prefer?

If we assume T’Challa comes back in BP3 that’s only one solo film without him in it. And maybe 1 season of a D+ series. That’s one major storyline they can give to Shuri, but that hardly leaves the next guy nothing to work with. T’Challa’s got almost 300 solo issues to his name, they won’t even have scratched the surface by the time BP3 comes along. And the way I see it, they’d bring T’Challa back because the film either underperforms or because that was always Coogler’s plan.

Sure he’d miss out on some things, but T’Challa isn’t such a barren character that just because he misses 1 or two team up films he’ll become an eternal non-factor in the MCU if he were to return. That’s unreasonable given how popular the character is and how much of a draw he would’ve become after a few years on the shelf. And it’s not like most of the supporting cast from the first film weren’t basically OC’s or that some of them won’t stick around after BP3. They can either be replaced by other OCs or continue on in prominent supporting roles. Idk, T’Challa in BP3 isn’t ideal but I like it better than him never appearing again on the big screen. Which do you prefer?
    I’d actually love it if he comes back in BP3, and I’m praying right now that Wakanda forever doesn’t kill him off. But my expectations are in the gutter right now regarding T’Challas fate.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Morph View Post
    Black Panther 2 has an official title:

Title was pretty much one of two guesses I had and tells me pretty much nothing. I'm fine with it, but I'll have to wait on more info to get excited.

Everything else is pretty much rehashing previous arguments about a recast. The decision has been made and I can live with it. I hope they don't kill of T'Challa, but I'll wait to see what they do.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Ultimate Member

The cast have made it clear they can’t see anyone but Chadwick in the role so why would they even bother with a multiverse version T’Challa? And again, that’s not getting into all the people to have Shuri don the mantle that’ll go ballistic if that happens.
    Who cares about them? Most of them will FIND an excuse to NOT support the movie.

We had folks doing that with the first one.

They are not a big enough group to get that film to sniff a billion.

Also won't Disney be looking at that box office for BP 2 versus Cap America 4 & Static movie. What if those movies make more?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    I hope they don't kill of T'Challa, but I'll wait to see what they do.
    If he's dead dead in the movie, I might just cheer for Namor when it comes out on Disney+ lol

Drown them all!

And I don't want multiversal T'challa. I want the continuation of MCU T'challa's story damnit. I don't thinkt he multiversal thing is even on the table... that is quite out there solution wise.

Come on Aaron, give me something to look forward too in the Avenger's comic lol
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Dariel81 View Post
    Miles would be the next Spiderman and only a few would be upset
    Lol i wish i was that optimistic

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    You're still worried about Twitter mobs?
    Marvel is worried about Twitter mobs. That's why we're in the situation we're in now

Quote Originally Posted by Dboi654 View Post
    What if the second movie makes more than the first and they say "Well, I guess we don't need T'Challa for the third film since he was absent in the second and that made bank"

Then what happens next?
    Doubtful, but it doesn't matter anyway because they weren't going to recast anyway. Plus it's already hard to top the original even with Chadwick there. Now that's it's WAKANDA FOREVER, it won't do as well straight up. But it's more what level of success Disney decides it's worth pushing through regardless

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    Marvel is worried about Twitter mobs. That's why we're in the situation we're in now
    How so? I don't get it

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    Lol i wish i was that optimistic
    When miles is finaly introduced, Parker won't be dead that is for sure. The video game was a test.

and I guarantee... certain people will STILL get mad
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Yeah Because a fear friend has been gone for less than 3 months when it was announced they would continue on schedule. Anyone going through a loss of a loved one knows the first year atleast is complete hell. And so yes, they are going to not be on board with a recast. Now if your asked them about it after a year has passed or so I bet they would be more open. It also doesn't help that they are probably going to side with whatever the executives are saying too. Hence why you guy dumbass responses like mackies when asked about BP