Page 367 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 267317357363364365366367368369370371377417467867 ... LastLast
Results 5,491 to 5,505 of 15079

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    I mean enough friends as a whole.
    Who in his mythos are his friends?

He's got his sister, his mom, and then?

Okoye is like his employee lol. I don't think they play video games together often.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post

Okoye is like his employee lol. I don't think they play video games together often.
    Yeah, friends wasn't the right word. I meant supporting cast.

Hey, T'challa actually spoke to Miles! yay

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I just read the article. that's encouraging to hear the creative team is at least starting to be announced even if not accurate. do we know when it is supposed to drop or no news there either?
    It's accurate. I would expect it in a month, or whenever Black Panther #25 is out.

Astonishing Member

Do Wakandans play video games? I feel like their version of fun is hunting and wrestling lol. I’d like it if Wakandans had their own equivalent to Gwent or used vibranium in a fictional sport.

The thing with Okoye is we mostly only see her in a professional capacity. We don’t get to see her in those quieter character building moments that develop her relationship with T’Challa that flesh both of them out. Considering how often she appears with T’Challa I guess you can say they’re close, but we have no sense of what they’re dynamic is like when they’re not on missions. Still, she has a much better relationship with T’Challa than say M’Baku or Akili.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    So I just saw a rumor that the next BP team will be John Ridley and Juann Cabal, anyone here think there’s any truth to that? Ridley’s Next Batman mini just got really good once he started diving into Jace’s origin, and his Other History was already fantastic so I’m rooting for this to be true. Hope he still does some DC work if so.
    There's truth to that.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    Do Wakandans play video games? I feel like their version of fun is hunting and wrestling lol. I’d like it if Wakandans had their own equivalent to Gwent or used vibranium in a fictional sport.

The thing with Okoye is we mostly only see her in a professional capacity. We don’t get to see her in those quieter character building moments that develop her relationship with T’Challa that flesh both of them out. Considering how often she appears with T’Challa I guess you can say they’re close, but we have no sense of what they’re dynamic is like when they’re not on missions. Still, she has a much better relationship with T’Challa than say M’Baku or Akili.
    The fact no ones tried to fix M'baku is kinda crazy.

One arc where they are forced to work together (lets say... traveling to a godly plain.. one powered by Bast, one by the white gorilla god) to save Wakanda from something would work.

They used to be friends.

After the arc, T'challa ends M'baku's exile and lets him come home. No more stupid american bad guy teams lol.

They don't have to be bros but there is no reason they still have to be 100% antagonistic. T'challa can forgive him for the Fake Monica Doll now lol

Astonishing Member

The fact no ones tried to fix M'baku is kinda crazy.

One arc where they are forced to work together (lets say... traveling to a godly plain.. one powered by Bast, one by the white gorilla god) to save Wakanda from something would work.

They used to be friends.

After the arc, T'challa ends M'baku's exile and lets him come home. No more stupid american bad guy teams lol.

They don't have to be bros but there is no reason they still have to be 100% antagonistic. T'challa can forgive him for the Fake Monica Doll now lol
    Add that to the list of logical stories we could have gotten but didn’t lol. Now we have NuM’Baku, raised in deep space with alien technology and no connection to Jabari culture at all. How in Bast’s name do you make that the conventional M’Baku fans actually care about? The answer is they probably won’t.

I fully expect him to be acting just like MCU M’Baku out of nowhere with zero reference to the IGEW lol. Because screw organic character development and synergy with good ideas from the MCU apparently. Coates would’ve been much better off leaving M’Baku dead than giving us the version we have now. That way a future writer could’ve just resurrected the real M’Baku and done the story you described.

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    If you put it that way, I understand. I didn't think it's necessarily wrong for him to have mostly femalr friends. IMO it makes him stand out even more from the other more male centric supporting casts of other heroes. But I can see why this would be important too. I nust thought a lot of the general complaint here is against him not getting enough focus is some of his own books
    Nah he needs both. He has the sibling angle with Shuri. The war Buddy with Okoye, having M'Baku or Akili/Kasper as a male friend doesn't hurt anything. He doesn't need to constantly associated l with these characters to have development. Just show that it isn't just a king and his subordinates but also the familiar bond as well. I would really like to see M'Baku evolve into something more. He isn't being properly used a s a villain and a frenemy angle could be the breath of life he needs

I fully expect him to be acting just like MCU M’Baku out of nowhere with zero reference to the IGEW lol. Because screw organic character development and synergy with good ideas from the MCU apparently. Coates would’ve been much better off leaving M’Baku dead than giving us the version we have now. That way a future writer could’ve just resurrected the real M’Baku and done the story you described.
    i mean, that's what they did for Okoye.

Ultimate Member

Realistically Wakanda should already have hyper-realistic VR games. Maybe even an in-universe Black Panther game

Astonishing Member

i mean, that's what they did for Okoye.
    At least with Okoye it was the same character lol. NuM’Baku is just a space guy that has the original’s name. I guess it’s better than nothing though, ideally Ridley does what Ewing did with Moondragon and merges the soul of both M’Baku’s. If not at least make this new M’Baku a viable ally and leader of the Jabari.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Nah he needs both. He has the sibling angle with Shuri. The war Buddy with Okoye, having M'Baku or Akili/Kasper as a male friend doesn't hurt anything. He doesn't need to constantly associated l with these characters to have development. Just show that it isn't just a king and his subordinates but also the familiar bond as well. I would really like to see M'Baku evolve into something more. He isn't being properly used a s a villain and a frenemy angle could be the breath of life he needs
    I can see that. I guess i like how his supporting cast is less "male centered", and I feel other heroes could benefit from that too. But they can always bring back some of his male friends

I can see Wakanda having extensive and immersive full-dive VR setups as a common gaming platform for Wakandan youth.

They also probably made a PS5 before Sony did, and released it better.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I can see Wakanda having extensive and immersive full-dive VR setups as a common gaming platform for Wakandan youth.

They also probably made a PS5 before Sony did, and released it better.
    With a better Avengers game than what actually came out!